Back to Project Management: The Basics for Success

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Project Management: The Basics for Success by University of California, Irvine

This course combines the essential elements of Project Management and Team Leadership into one course. Through class engagement and reflection, you will acquire further understanding of the responsibilities of leadership and become better prepared to apply this knowledge to the project environment. Upon completing this course, you will be able to: 1. Learn about the role of high performance teams and leadership in project management 2. Learn about the tools and techniques for developing and strengthening high performance teams and team members 3. Learn about the stages in project cycle 4. Apply best practices to develop competencies and skills in planning and controlling projects to ensure successful outcomes 5. Learn how to monitor project activities and assess progress 6. Learn to communicate proficiently to report project status and performance to stakeholders and contribute to organizational knowledge base...

JA
Dec 3, 2020

the best starting point to continue your knowledge on the relevant and basic skills required in managing a project. Effective notes and referral videos for further understanding of project management.

A

Thank you to Coursera for such a great platform to improve our skills and literacy.The learning environment offered here is completely a learn at your own pace environment,making it flexible to learn.

76 - 100 of 1,943 Reviews for Project Management: The Basics for Success

By Laura C

Jul 21, 2017

This course is very helpful and educational. If I could change one things it would be week 4. That week is way to long. In my opinion, it should be broken down into 2 separate weeks. Other than that, the course is great. I would definitely recommend this course to others!

By Jennifer R

Nov 30, 2016

I really liked this course and it covered a range of topics for Project Success and basic principles. The instructor did an excellent job making the concepts down to earth and with real world applicable scenarios. It helped me identify the concept and process it better.

By Tom R

Jun 28, 2020

This was an excellent overview of the project management process. The instructor used relevant real world examples to illustrate points and provide additional information. I would recommend this course for someone looking for a great introduction into project management.

By Arunabh B

May 11, 2018

Great in-depth course on the fundamental of the Project Management course. Would definitely recommend anyone starting off with the PM role to go through this course. Obviously, being a good project manager is an ongoing-process, and requires time, effort and experience!

By Umair A

Jul 2, 2017

This course helped me to understand the basics of Project Management and focuses on why the knowledge of Project Management helps in getting projects done efficiently, and economically ! Its a definite must for anyone trying to tap into the project management realm !!

By Huelvedra F

Nov 24, 2016

Excelente curso, parabéns a todos os envolvidos. Parabéns ao professor que muita sabedoria soube explanar um conteúdo tão enriquecedor.

Excellent course, congratulations to all involved. Congratulations to the teacher who knew how to explain such enriching content.

By Hermelinda M P M

Jan 12, 2017

The course was an interesting experience for me because I adquired primary and new knowledg about the projects, its principles and the correct way to approach them from the beginning.

The teacher, the material, the pace at which the course was conducted were great

By Bilal A K

Jul 20, 2021

As a university Student, I feel this course is highly helpful for the university project and final Assignments. This course enables and develop skills to understand the dynamics of team development stages. After the learnings, I began to make effective decisions.

By Heinz H

Sep 28, 2019

I enjoyed the course very much. It has a lot of information I need for my next projects. The challenge will be to use these items in practical life. However, I think with the given introdcution it is possible. Many thanks to Rob Stone for the good performance.

By Alla S

Jul 19, 2016

Very well developed and structured course. Thank you. I was taking other courses related to PM but this one is the best due to its reliance on PMI requirements and definitions. This course helped me a lot during my preparation on obtaining a PM certification.

By Mohammed A F

Jul 23, 2017

Learned essential things towards managing a project. I could visualize each and every thing the instructor was telling, as I have some experience in working with different teams and various projects. Verily, the course title suits the content of it.

By Dante L C C

Jan 31, 2016

Great course, presented in a clear an professional manner. Good examples and pointing to proper additional material.

I just do not understand why the work load in the last week is very large compared to the three previous weeks. Still, I enjoyed it.

By gizem g

Nov 20, 2020

Bu kurs ileriki hayatımda seçeçeğim bölüm ile ilgili ve bende bu konuda eğitim almak istedim . Böyle değerler profösörden ve değerli bir okuldan sertifika aldıgım için çok mutluyum. bana çok şey kattığını düşünüyorum. hersey için teşekkür ederim.

By Sabina D

Jun 18, 2020

Good insightful course with great content and well-thought-out presentation by instructor Rob Stone. it very useful for everyone at all levels of organization for a successful project or task management and execution. Thank you Rob, UCI & Coursera!

By Chukwuemeka O

Nov 17, 2016

I indeed acquired a detailed set of structured knowledge from a very practical perspective, this has given me a different perception and better approach to translate actions and activities around me especially in projects.

Special thanks to Coursera

By Maria G

I can apply the knowledge from this course not only in my Professional life but also in my daily activities like planning family activities or house projects. Also, the course gives a clear understanding of what Project Management is really about.

By Godson G

May 9, 2017

Course and the facilitators are really good and easy to understand. The concepts and training material is planned very well and laid out in a structural manner. Excellent course for anyone who wants to understand the concepts of Project Management

By Julia T O

Aug 23, 2018

It has been wonderful taking this course with Prof Rob Stone. He is a good teacher and I benefitted maximally from this course. I will definately be recommending this course to my friends and family as I am sure they will also gain a lot from it.

By WILLIAM T T S

Nov 6, 2019

Know how to deal with difficult people and focus on the scope of the project. The video also come with English subtitle. They also provide the transcript that it's useful for me to go through again. This course helped me to fill out the gaps.

By Benjamin G

Nov 19, 2021

Great course to learn the basics of project management. I have several years of experience into this topics and it was a great opportunity to review the skills needed and learn new tips like how to manage difficult persons and use persuasion.

By Lura H

Aug 13, 2020

Taught practical tools for project management and outlined how to be an effective leader and how to think of problems and risks and manage them before they happen. I feel this course provided me with the tools to successfully manage projects.

By Danielle D T

Dec 8, 2019

Really enjoyed the professor and his personal insights on project management. He seemed very knowledgeable and experienced. I appreciated all of the extra example he made part of the lessons. Found a lot of useful take-aways from the course.

By Ricardo A V M

Sep 16, 2015

If you are newbie in this field, this course is the one to start learning the basics on PMs and relating the vocabulary for Project Managers into the daily basis activities. No matter what you do, always there is something useful to apply.

By Nourhan G M

Jun 27, 2019

Thank you so much for this amazing course, it helped me a lot to get to know what project management is all about. I also wanna say that Rob is an amazing instructor, he has a sense of humor hidden right there!

I really loved the course!

By RUBEN D M O

May 13, 2016

Realmente una gran experiencia haber realizado este curso, me gusta aprender cada día para mi entorno de trabajo que es la logística tengo que decir que me ayuda mucho a crecer y conocer campos en los que mejorar personal y profesional.