Back to Project Management: The Basics for Success

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Project Management: The Basics for Success by University of California, Irvine

This course combines the essential elements of Project Management and Team Leadership into one course. Through class engagement and reflection, you will acquire further understanding of the responsibilities of leadership and become better prepared to apply this knowledge to the project environment. Upon completing this course, you will be able to: 1. Learn about the role of high performance teams and leadership in project management 2. Learn about the tools and techniques for developing and strengthening high performance teams and team members 3. Learn about the stages in project cycle 4. Apply best practices to develop competencies and skills in planning and controlling projects to ensure successful outcomes 5. Learn how to monitor project activities and assess progress 6. Learn to communicate proficiently to report project status and performance to stakeholders and contribute to organizational knowledge base...

JG

Mar 28, 2018

Very informative and interesting. Lots of useful tools. What I liked in this course was that there were lots of examples given on how to act when something does not go as planned or if issues arrise.

CW

Nov 20, 2016

Super overview of project management from start to finish and how to deliver successful project on time, on budget, and with desired quality along with ways to deal with technical and member issues a

1 - 25 of 1,061 Reviews for Project Management: The Basics for Success

By Anders J

Sep 28, 2018

The course is called "basics for success" and this is very basic indeed. The presenter uses a substantial amount of time merely reading the bullets on the "slides" and spends a lot of time elaborating on issues, which must be considered less relevant to the subject; in one example more than 8 minutes of a 14 min. video is spent on how Person 1 conveys a message to Person 2.

Overall, the course covers some interesting and relevant topics but the presentation hereof is subpar; it's a good thing I took this course in front of my PC and not in a classroom.

By SK M S

Oct 14, 2015

Excellent!!!

Excellent Global Education Portal to All!! I personally appreciate to coursera.com Foundation that they are doing a great Holy Responsibilities for mankind. I wish all the best.

By Alice R P

Oct 30, 2017

A great introduction to Project Management although the last course (4th) got into more details than an introduction needed. I would recommend this course to folks new to Project Management.

By Arun K

Jun 25, 2019

Its unorganized and fails to engage the user for long. I feel it can be taught in a much better way for such an interesting topic

By Amit S P

Feb 23, 2019

Project Management: The Basis For Success Is Really Helpful For Me Personally. This Course Helps Me To Buildup My Skills And Leadership Qualities. I'm Really Thankful To University Of California, Irvine For Providing Me The Opportunity To Improve Myself And Also It Will Be My Pleasure To Thank!!! Coursera For Providing Such A Great Platform For Individuals Looking Opportunity But Somehow They Are Not Been Able To Pursue It. THANK YOU!!!

By Chris C W

Nov 20, 2016

By Maria V M G

Dec 19, 2018

It was great, a very sintetized way to deploy a project management. Its was really interesting and applicable to professional and personal life, which is very important.

By Estella W

Jul 21, 2019

The insights from this course are practical, relevant and frankly poised to better productivity and success in the workplace.

By Anand S

Jun 04, 2019

Absolutely a good crash course addressing all the important touch points of project management

By Azade Y

Oct 19, 2018

I really learned many topics from this course, having no previous experience on the topic.

Jun 04, 2019

The details of managing a project are broken down effectively.

By Pankaj D P

May 29, 2019

perfect course for emerging leaders!!

By Jacqueline J

Oct 11, 2017

I found the course exceptionally suitable and beneficial for me. I have no experience in project management neither did I think I could begin to understand it with all its complexities. This course thought me some principles that enabled me to look into the subject matter as well as delve deeper into issues and points raised. I have been thrown in on the deep end as I begin to look at running a project which lead me to consider doing this course. I am now much clearer on the issues that arise and the importance of managing a project and including stake holders in the project design, I have management skills but the module on Team Management and Working with Difficult Behaviours was fantastic. it was presented in a way that I could understand and not be to overwhelmed as a first time learner about the profession of project management. I highly recommend it. I have come away feeling empowered to take on the task ahead as well as confident to request specialist support in areas I need it but I am happy to have an overall working knowledge of the subject area.

By Bajirao D

Jan 14, 2017

I have learnt a lot from course it will help me to gain and apply knowledge and understanding of personal and professional awareness, organization and commitment, and use the tools, methods and techniques that I have learned in goal setting, prioritization, scheduling, and delegation to overcome time management challenges and enhance productivity managing people and teams and how to manage a project to whole and also will help me to offers skills and knowledge I desperately needed.

I would like to thank Prof. Rob Stone for providing me this opportunity to learn and do this course. Amazing tutor, really appreciate. And many thanks to University of California, Irvine for coming up with this amazing course and most importantly providing me financial aid where I was able to complete this course.

By Margaret M

Oct 18, 2016

The Project Management: The Basics for Success is indeed a very informative course especially for a starter and as a refresher course. The instructor, Rob Stone, PMP, M.Ed. delivered the course so perfectly! He is definitely a guru in the subject of Project Management. I liked his delivery: he met you where you are; and he is also likeable. His instruction felt like one-to-one and tailored to learners at different levels. I will definitely take another course with him! You can tell he teaches from his heart, and he was very prepared and the lessons flow was seamless. Thanks Rob Stone, PMP, M.Ed. for your dedication. The course is worth taking.

By Maria-Teresa B

Oct 05, 2015

"Gestión" y"proyectos" a veces suenan a algo muy grande, muy por encima o muy lejos de nuestros ambientes habituales de trabajo. Sin embargo, más veces de lo que nos imaginamos estamos inmersos en proyectos, grupos de trabajo, etc. Una gestión correcta, identificando los pasos y factores clave, y la distribución óptima de las tareas son, junto con las personas correctas, la clave para el éxito de nuestros objetivos. Aplicable incluso a la vida diaria y al hogar, el lenguaje sencillo y los ejemplos "para legos" hacen de este curso una herramienta valiosísima para cualquiera, en cualquier ámbito.

By Carole C

Sep 24, 2016

As a new operations supervisor, eyeing a PMO position in the future, this course has greatly given me an idea and good foundation of what Project Management is all about. This course has all the more sparked my interest in the field and would definitely pursue it one way or another. The instructor was very engaging, gave good illustrations/examples for every topic/sub-topic. I like how fluently he spoke of the subject/course and made things simple to understand. Thank you Coursera for this venue to learn more!

By kaiwenMAI

Aug 15, 2018

thank you for giving me a chances for a basic impression of project management. The course is clear and it's very well to understand. I've carry out the project for years but not have any courses related to that until now. I think it may be a big changes after go through all the specific lessons, it's funny to figure it out that there would be other skill to deal with the difficult problems in the project. The samples are really help. many thanks

By Ronnie M

Nov 19, 2015

Thank you so much University Of California, Irvine this class has been one of my favorite since I've joined Coursera. In the course I've learn so much about project management & everything related to this subject. One of my favorite part of this course is when I can take the quiz as many times as I want in order for me to get right & pass the course.

Thank you so much University Of California, Irvine & Coursera

Keep up the good work.

By LEE, Y

Apr 08, 2019

Wonderful and Great course! I really get good information about business. And the course target the basic understand of the business field. It is easy for novice to understand terms and how to use these therms such as SQCT Targets, WBS, PM Role, Scheduling.

I hope you who are not familiar with business that you can try this course.

This course so help you to improve your skills and mindset for starting business!

By Loki Y

Feb 28, 2016

Good teacher !

Introduce the basic of engineering project including the elements of the engineer, WBS, how to be a good project manager and so on.

Very helpful for the beginners.

What I suggest is the teacher could use more gesture or facial expression or more vivid examples rather than cilck the mouse and just read the PPT.

Anyway, that's helps me have a rough view of the PM, thank you!

By Richard K A

Nov 03, 2019

Simple, no long notes coupled with simple but great video materials. This course scaled up a new paradigm shift in my personal life and managerial / leadership skills. Initiating and closing projects is almost an everyday activity in my daily transactions. This course came at the right time and I am more than glad I took this course. Great course. Thanks Coursera

By Mehdi I

Jul 05, 2018

Having done the course, you will be able to relate many of the activities you do to the idea of project. I think the best part of this course is you dont have to apply the insight you get from it only in your professional life, you can also use this profound knowledge in your other segments of life e.g. personal, social and what not.

By Amethyst S R

Aug 12, 2015

I enjoyed this course. I feel that it covered enough data correlated with this career path to provide for efficient and thorough project manager skills. I thought the videos were very researched and properly displayed. I also feel as though the curriculum was well researched and selected. Thank you for having me in this course

By Emma

Oct 13, 2015

As a PMP, I am glad to recommend this course to all of the people who want to get an overview about the project management.

Based on the good experiences, the instructor provide almost of the important things on project management in the limit pages.

I learned more, thank you for your excellent work.

Best Wishes,