Back to Project Management: The Basics for Success

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Project Management: The Basics for Success by University of California, Irvine

This course combines the essential elements of Project Management and Team Leadership into one course. Through class engagement and reflection, you will acquire further understanding of the responsibilities of leadership and become better prepared to apply this knowledge to the project environment. Upon completing this course, you will be able to: 1. Learn about the role of high performance teams and leadership in project management 2. Learn about the tools and techniques for developing and strengthening high performance teams and team members 3. Learn about the stages in project cycle 4. Apply best practices to develop competencies and skills in planning and controlling projects to ensure successful outcomes 5. Learn how to monitor project activities and assess progress 6. Learn to communicate proficiently to report project status and performance to stakeholders and contribute to organizational knowledge base...

K
Nov 25, 2020

Thank you to Coursera for such a great platform to improve our skills and literacy.The learning environment offered here is completely a learn at your own pace environment,making it flexible to learn.

JA
Dec 3, 2020

the best starting point to continue your knowledge on the relevant and basic skills required in managing a project. Effective notes and referral videos for further understanding of project management.

176 - 200 of 1,924 Reviews for Project Management: The Basics for Success

By Kirsten K J

Feb 24, 2018

This course is great for learning some basics in team management. After having completed this course, I am more likely to take a more in depth course on management.

By José W d L M

Oct 6, 2016

Curso ótimo para dar um norte a quem nunca teve contato com o gerenciamento de projetos. Apresenta todos os requisitos básicos, e mostra o que deve ser aprofundado.

By Indra M K

Nov 8, 2015

Very good presentation from the lecturer, Rob Stone. Information was given very clearly and very easy to understand. Materials needed for further reading are given.

By Antonino M

Jul 6, 2018

Really great experience! Like the allocation of the time between each module, the questions during the lesson, the link to the external docs and video...Great Job!

By Jason F D

Jul 9, 2021

Great information made very digestible! The later videos were made better by stopping occasionally to ask questions that both tested and help re-focus the learner

By Noemy A V C

Oct 28, 2020

Me encanto verdaderamente me sirvió de mucho para así con el tiempo tenga un trabajo aprendí bastante de como lidiar con diferentes personas entre otras cosas.

By Donessa T

Oct 9, 2020

I really enjoyed doing this course. It was easy to understand and my skillset in Project Management has increased. Being able to work at my own pace was a bonus.

By maria j c r

Mar 5, 2020

excelente, es s.muy bien dictado, los temas son claros, y son explicados muy bien, de manera concreta, dejan una idea clara acerca del gerenciamiento de proyecto

By Mohammad A

Feb 12, 2021

it was clear explanation , the question during the curses was usefully . intersting topic , the way to explan the the point was really good and fully .

By Maria P

Aug 18, 2020

It was a truly pleasure to conduct this training with a top qualified expert teacher.

It goes very smooth an it is easy to learn across all the weeks. Thank YOU

By Carla S S S

Dec 13, 2015

Love it, and will be helpful for the project of local destination marketing organization, which i will be the Project manager, many thanks for this opportunity!

By Marcus M

Mar 26, 2018

Moving into a new role within' my organization. This course provided the fundamental structure I required and a solid base to get projects through all phases !

By Tarun S B

Feb 16, 2016

It is an ideal course starting from the most basic level but ultimately provides you with every essentials to succeed in understanding how to manage a project.

By Asama E S

Sep 25, 2020

Very educated and helpful. I advise it for all those who wish to learn more about the management of a project. I was totally satisfied. thank you very much

By SPEAR D L B

Jul 12, 2020

This course has help me develop important transferable skills and gain useful knowledge for school and for work. Overall, really enjoyed the whole experience.

By Pavitheran A R

May 6, 2018

Good one. As a student in College, got more exposure to Project management and how it works. I would like to thank the Staff who thought us. Thank you sir! :)

By Jillian N

Nov 1, 2020

Unique method of teaching that provides useful examples and walkthroughs to further explain the concepts. Enjoyable course to learn lots of information from.

By Bhogavilli S K

Jul 27, 2020

This course has definitely helped me to gear up myself with some project management skills and had provided knowledge helpful for my career ahead. Thank You.

By Nakethia E

Dec 9, 2018

I am really novice here. I had no idea what a Work Breakdown Structure was when it started. I took this course as a entrepreneurial and leadership foundation

By Winnie G D

May 9, 2020

Learned a lot on this course and hopefully can share with my teammates the lessons I have learned once we go back to the "new normal" after this lockdown.

By JUAN A G

Dec 27, 2017

Short, symple and direct to tha main points. This training is a good base to introduce proyect management basics and start doing projects in the right way.

By Sharad S

May 10, 2021

I really enjoyed this class and format it was presented in. I learn and retain much more through this online course due to fact that you can do the course

By Eric W

Jan 24, 2017

This course has revolutionized my thinking about every task I need to accomplish. It should be introduced to students as soon as they reach middle school.

By Natalia T

Sep 24, 2017

Very good course for begginers in business. Have much important and actual information about scope of project management, methods, leading and teamwork.

By Ni Z

Oct 25, 2015

Very clear and practical.

As a newbie project manager for a small team I could apply what I have learnt from this course to daily management right away.