Back to Project Management Project

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Project Management Project by University of California, Irvine

This capstone project is designed to allow you to take the knowledge you have gained through the Specialization and put that knowledge into practice. In the capstone, you will create several of the key planning deliverables that have been discussed in these courses and either work on a project you choose or use a suggested case study. You will begin the capstone project by writing part of the project charter. You will build on that information to define your project, and then ultimately create a schedule, budget and responses for the risks you identify. The goal is for you to use what you have learned in the previous courses and to perform your own research on how to best move forward with the capstone project. Your work will be peer reviewed by your classmates. In turn you will peer review the work of other classmates. Instructions on how to conduct peer reviews will be included in the course. Upon completing this series, you will be able to (1) write a narrative charter statement, (2) create a work breakdown structure, (3) sequence project activities,(4) build a project schedule, (5) create a project budget, (6) create a responsibility assignment matrix, (7) identify project risks and (8) define responses for those risks. Upon completing this course, you will be able to: 1. Write a narrative charter statement 2. Create a work breakdown structure 3. Sequence project activities 4. Build a project schedule 5. Create a project budget 6. Create a responsibility assignment matrix 7. Identify project risks and define responses for those risks...

PG

Oct 07, 2019

I have been enriched through this course. I feel like a better PM and I believe with the knowledge and skills I have acquired by taking this course, I will manage my projects more professionally.

AS

Jan 18, 2017

A fantastic course, whether or not previous knowledge was there the course really pushes the student to understand the concepts in their own manner.\n\nPerfect addition to my skillet, Thank you.

1 - 25 of 221 Reviews for Project Management Project

By Yawen J

Mar 14, 2019

the course is designed well. it would be even better if the final project management capstone provides a feedback on the final evaluation.

By Mubbasher M

Feb 01, 2019

I thought at the beginning, the Project Management Project (Capstone Project) may be no needed..

But after spending time and effort, and performing a full exercise, learning different tools and templates and actually taking steps to develop deliverable is a great exercise.

Peer review also brought in a great experience and looked at different projects and from different perspective...

One thing is , it should be allowed to provide some textual feedback to user. It can be optional but can be helpfully in peer review a lot.

By Sofia I

Oct 08, 2018

Getting all the theory into practice was great. I

By Siyad A E

Dec 14, 2018

Interesting Course!

By Fabiana A S B

Nov 27, 2018

This course is great, you can practice all the lessons learned. This course shows us the reality. You can use for your personal life or in your job.

By John P S

Dec 16, 2016

It would probably make more sense if it was titled "Project Management Capstone Project" or "Project Management Capstone" or similar. Other than that, no complaints, a single peer assessed project to put into practice what you have learned in the other modules of the specialisation.

By John A G

Feb 13, 2017

Grading rubric is too generic: If peers don't leave feedback then the student is left to draw assumptions from loosely-defined parameters.

By João L

Jan 02, 2017

Capstone project methodology is a bit disappointing.

The previous modules were great

By Selena H L

Apr 20, 2018

It was not clear upfront that this course is not self-paced. Assignments have a set time for submission and grading. So, while yes you can complete the assignment in as much or little time as you need, you are still bound by an externally imposed schedule for receiving credit for the course.

By Natalia B

Jun 02, 2016

the peer review was a waste of time, some individuals submit whatever other review whatever; I found that the assessment criteria is not based on evaluating the quality of performed work, and therefore have not really learned much from the capstone project. I am taking another course which as well has peer review, I am rethinking if it's worth it.... do not see any value, there is no real feedback from instructor. If I need it a peer review, I could just ask my colleagues at work.

By Michaela G

Aug 31, 2016

I did all four courses - the whole specialization. Each course in itself was aright and I learned new things. However, the course certificate is meaningless. It neither states the content nor the effort (for example the hours). Instead, it even says "non-credit course". This is despite the fact that the course equates "35 PDU's" and "counts towards the UCI Project Management Certificate Programm"; as it was described in the FAQ. I feel betrayed. How can I apply with such a meaningless peace of paper anywhere?

By Joshua M P

Dec 05, 2018

Excellent course to initiating in project management!!!!

By Nadir N

Dec 04, 2018

This is an excellent practical course giving the opportunity to get acquainted with both theoretical and practical work in the Project Management.

I am happy that I completed this Courses and very appreciate to the creators of this specialization.

By Muhammad S

Dec 06, 2018

evry good course for P.M skills

By Nevena

Jan 12, 2019

Excellent way to check the understanding of previous courses. The opportunity to review other's work is really valuable and helped me upgrade my project as well. Thanks a lot! Great course.

By Sonali B

Mar 05, 2019

Excellent Walk through of Project Planning.

By Mohamed E F

Mar 04, 2019

By Joanna M

Mar 12, 2019

great course

By Michael S

Mar 15, 2019

Excellent course. It's very helpful to have the PMBOK book too.

By Влад Р

Aug 06, 2018

Helpful to go further.

By Paula J S

Aug 23, 2018

A great course! I recommend it for everyone who is looking for understanding more about Project, even to beginners as me

By José L C

Oct 12, 2018

I've learned so much about PM, the importance of a well structured project, the level of detail and synergy needed to develop a high impact project. The series of highg value skills... this is the begining of a journey.

By zafar I

Oct 12, 2018

Very useful Course for those who want a path towards PMP Certification.

By Ayla R R

Aug 20, 2018

Very practical and well designed.

By Сыч А С

Sep 19, 2018

very useful course, I strongly recomend this course to everyone who is interested in management.