Back to Project Management Project

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Project Management Project by University of California, Irvine

This capstone project is designed to allow you to take the knowledge you have gained through the Specialization and put that knowledge into practice. In the capstone, you will create several of the key planning deliverables that have been discussed in these courses and either work on a project you choose or use a suggested case study. You will begin the capstone project by writing part of the project charter. You will build on that information to define your project, and then ultimately create a schedule, budget and responses for the risks you identify. The goal is for you to use what you have learned in the previous courses and to perform your own research on how to best move forward with the capstone project. Your work will be peer reviewed by your classmates. In turn you will peer review the work of other classmates. Instructions on how to conduct peer reviews will be included in the course. Upon completing this series, you will be able to (1) write a narrative charter statement, (2) create a work breakdown structure, (3) sequence project activities,(4) build a project schedule, (5) create a project budget, (6) create a responsibility assignment matrix, (7) identify project risks and (8) define responses for those risks. Upon completing this course, you will be able to: 1. Write a narrative charter statement 2. Create a work breakdown structure 3. Sequence project activities 4. Build a project schedule 5. Create a project budget 6. Create a responsibility assignment matrix 7. Identify project risks and define responses for those risks...

AM

Mar 07, 2020

The way the course is designed, processes to be followed to complete the course and everything makes sense. Thanks for the wonderful work Coursera. Looking forward to participating in another course!

PG

Oct 07, 2019

I have been enriched through this course. I feel like a better PM and I believe with the knowledge and skills I have acquired by taking this course, I will manage my projects more professionally.

51 - 75 of 355 Reviews for Project Management Project

By YEVHENII V

Feb 13, 2017

Very nice theory and very useful practical case with all advises that help to get the best results! Appreciate everyone from UCI and Margaret for this chance to master Project Management!

By Fragoso J M

Jul 20, 2017

This was an excellent course.

I had the opportunity to put in practice everything i learn't from the previous courses. I hope to see more courses on Project Management from UC Irvine DCE.

By Sanchito B

Aug 23, 2016

An extremely thorough treatment of the initial stages of the Project Management process, which in many cases is the most important! Thoroughly enjoyed it.

Would recommend it to everyone!

By PUSHPA S

May 16, 2020

AMAZING EXPERIENCE TO LEARNING WITH COURSERA. THIS IS ONE OF BEST ONLINE STUDY SITE IN WORLD. THANK YOU VERY MUCH FOR GIVING ME THIS TYPE OPPORTUNITY TO LEARNING COURSES. KEEP IT UP....

By Anvita P

Nov 01, 2017

Excellent course to cap off the learnings in the three project management courses. Practical utility and applications to real-life projects help lock-in the learnings from the courses.

By Daniel L

Mar 15, 2016

An excellent way to bring all the course concepts together by requiring the student to generate the actual products themselves, as opposed to just learning information for testing.

By Louis C

Feb 14, 2017

Thank you for a well thought out course and fun learning experience. The only thing i could think of to add to the course would be more examples of the documents needed to create.

By Steven H

Dec 14, 2016

Great opportunity to apply the knowledge that was gained during the three previous courses in the project management specialization. Enjoyed the experience very much!!! Thank you.

By Yong H

Oct 28, 2017

I feel this course is really useful, even beyond PMP certificate, because this course contains not only PM knowledge, but also experience sharing and real project practice!!

By Xinyi L

Love the capstone practice! It is very helpful to build my own project and review other colleagues' work. This course connects the other ones in the series perfectly.

By Tushar G

Mar 22, 2018

It gives a crisp insight into project management, and the capstone project is the icing on the cake. The project takes the level of understanding to an all new level.

By Steph L

Apr 27, 2016

I think the capstone is a really good technique to put everything I've learned from this specialization into real-life use. I understand it even better now. Thank you

By Beverly R L

Apr 29, 2019

I enjoyed participating in this course, and completing the capstone. It is great to apply the skills you have learned because it makes you remember the activities.

By ChunTang L

Oct 25, 2016

It is a very course. I learned a lot of project management knowledge, also I applied it in a practice project, which helped me learn and remember all the knowledge.

By Luis G G S

Apr 17, 2020

Great crash course in PM. It is able to summarize the key concepts in a clear and understandable manner, and the last module (Capstone project) is really useful.

By Olha K

Dec 17, 2019

Thank you for this course! It was a great opportunity to use all the theory in practice. It was a bit challenging and interesting! I liked it a lot! Thank you!

By Mohamed N H

Feb 08, 2016

Really miss Margret spend a lot of effort and give us her experience on plate of gold

i really enjoyed this course and learn very useful and usable information

By Milcah W K

May 07, 2020

The project was engaging and challenging but definitely interesting to complete. Thanks to Mel and everyone who contributed to the success of this course!

By Mohit A

Jul 25, 2020

It really built confidence in me. My peers built confidence in me by reviewing my capstone and giving quite good marks. I again want to thanks, everyone.

By Lisa A

Feb 19, 2020

Thanks for the great material! This was a great way to build some basic project management skills. I really enjoyed Margaret! She was a great instructor.

By Andrea

Jan 31, 2017

An excellent opportunity to put what we'd learned into practice. There's nothing like actually performing a new process for checking your understanding.

By Jitendra C

Jun 03, 2016

Capstone really helped me apply all the learning from the course and helped me understand how to practically work on each element of project management.

By Jose C A

Feb 08, 2016

Great Final Project. It's just the right amount of work to put into good used everything learned on the previous courses. It really ties everything down

By M. Z A

Sep 30, 2016

I like all of the content and this course provide me to understand the management of a project. This was my first e-learning action and i loved this.

By Mark A G

Aug 14, 2016

The capstone provides a good opportunity to apply the material from previous courses. Very well organized, and grading is fairly prompt. Thanks.