Back to Foundations of Project Management

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Foundations of Project Management by Google

LD
Aug 11, 2021

I loved this course. It was so informative. I took a lot of notes and hope to implement everything I've learned in real-life instances. I look forward to advancing professionally as a project manager.

MK
Sep 10, 2021

Gives a solid background understanding to starting with project management and explains concepts such as organizational culture/structure and project management practices such as agile and waterfall.

76 - 100 of 2,856 Reviews for Foundations of Project Management

By Ilaria C

Apr 1, 2021

Too repetitive sometimes

By Rohit K

Jun 14, 2021

Course is good, but need more flowcharts and animation to understand it faster.

By David B

Jun 14, 2021

The course is more focused on phrasing than critical thinking.

By Olga K

Absolutely zero content

By Kanokphorn P

Jul 4, 2021

I do appreciate what I have studied and leant from this course. It is very helpful, understandable and practical. I gained more than just knowledge, I discover my skills that I overlooked. I found myself to be more confidence and smarter than I ever thought I was. Moreover, I found out that even just a simple sentence the speaker encourages about the job or course but it is even more touched and healed me when I am very depressed during this period. I found that one simple sentence helped encouraging and releasing out the heaviness in my heart to believe that tomorrow will be better days and yes don't give up yet. Lastly, I have been being happy and eager to learn because of the precise, straightforward, short, sharp lessons, plus the tone of voices of the speak really encourage me to be very active to learn more. As far as I have been lecturing, your voice and intonation is very comfortable and easily understand. Thank you for letting me know myself more and getting me more than just knowledge. <3

By Ihsan H

Sep 2, 2021

This course is amazing, great presenter and the way it delivered its really understandable. To be honest, I am really really afraid when I enroll this course because my English is not really good enough. I am really really scared that I will not finish the course on time and just waste my money. But after follow the course , i do falling in love with this course. I even learn some new vocabularies during the course.

So many things i have learned from this course from the day 1 I join the Foundations of Project Management until the last course Capstone : Applying Project Management in The Real World. Thank you very much for Google and Coursera Teams for bring this course. Hope to see you in the next course. Keep up the good work!!!

By Alaa Q

Aug 2, 2021

This course made me aware of what project management is really about! This realization brings me comfort and relief that what I am currently doing in my work is not a waste of time. We all have some skills in project management .. highlighting that and reading more about each of the PM components is very helpful for me as a person and in my work!! Can't wait to take the other courses and strengthen my skills for each phase of the project lifecycle. I love the content and the variety between using the short videos, readings, real stories and infographics!! so helpful to grasp the meanings of each lesson. Thank you so much for creating such an amazing project course!! Thanks Coursera and Google!!

By P D

Jul 1, 2021

As someone new to a certificate program, I am glad to say my expectations of this course have been superseded beyond what I imagined. The instructor and all of his associates offered a great touch in the learning process. Incorporating the videos really helped me stay engaged. Something that was unexpected is the teaching on how to apply for employment opportunities and the path to success on this. I am so fortunate to have learned this, as this has been one of my biggest obstacles in achieving my new career goals. Because I understand the diversity of this field, I am excited to discover any/every role project management has to offer. Thanks so much!

By Rebecca R

Jun 11, 2021

The instructor used relative examples that are well understood in various personal and business aspects. He himself was relatable to users, and so were the "guest speakers". Everything was broken down in well organized and timed sections that delivered information in a well paced manner. I believe someone taking this course that was completely new to Project Management would succeed. The use of video, with text that is highlighted along with the presenters speech was highly useful for me as someone with a photographic memory. Hearing someone speak, while being able to read and follow along greatly helped my type of learning.

By Bernice

Jun 1, 2021

This was a wonderful course. I enjoyed the overall formatting of the course with equal parts videos, readings and quizzes I could do on my laptop and phone via the app. All the topics were very interesting. It was great to hear the real world/Google experiences of actual Project Managers and see how excited they are about where they work and what they do.

I will continue and complete the certification and I hope to change my career into a meaningful and enjoyable career. I also hope to be able to find a mentor and mentor others in the near future as a Project Manager. Thank you!

By Sima H

Apr 14, 2021

I very much liked the course. The videos and readings were not too long and were indeed engaging. I appreciate offering it as I am trying to expand my learning and help my candidacy for job opportunities as well as learning personally. If Google and Coursera could offer classes related to financial management similar to CFP or CMA with a certificate would be absolutely wonderful. with CFP even if we go through the course, if we are not working at investment companies, we cannot earn or receive the degree. Thanks again. Sima Hassassian

By Olumide O O

Jun 25, 2021

I​ must say that cousera has added a fresh dimension to my academic life and zest for same. Studying this course injected into me a new zeal towards pursuing project management courses and I am now daring to go for PMP CAPM etc! I feared these courses before but the study of this course, even though due a number of complexities like power outage challenges in Nigeria and harsh conditions of living, I couldn't finish the other levels of the course before it closed down on me!

T​hank you for the powerful opportunity and lifetime impact!

By Markus S

Mar 28, 2021

This course is really incredible and one of the topics that I liked the most was the following and I believe that it is what can make a big change in many companies, the importance of organizational culture. The culture of an organization defines its identity. Its identity essentially describes how the company conducts its business, both internally and externally. A company's values and organizational culture go hand in hand; its values are part of its identity. You can almost think of an organization's culture as its personality.

By Kavita M

Jun 2, 2021

The course has strengthened my job search. Its making my foundation stronger to be a Project Manager. The videos are amazing and the examples are very relatable. Having the glossary also helped a lot as I would have to prepare it myself. The main learning is it tells if one wishes to be Project Manager they can always learn these skills and pursue their dream. It's not that you need to have a min. of this experience or this education. Its never too late and never too early to dream and work towards to it. Thanks team for this.

By Ashley D

Sep 12, 2021

Foundations in Project Management is a great course for someone learning to understand the basics of project management. This course offers a good overview of project management methodologies, skills that a project manager should have or develop, and how project management fits into the larger framework of various organizational structures. It is certainly a "beginner" level course but one that could also be a good review for more seasoned project managers for whom their formal PjM education occurred some time in the past.

By Christina S

Mar 22, 2021

A well-done course. I like that this introductory course laid the foundation of what project management is all about that has less to do with the hard skills like responsibility matrices, budgets, and deliveralbles. But instead, it makes it crystal clear that success in project management has so much to do with the flawless execution of the soft skills like effective communication, interpersonal skills, and team collaboration. I feel like it delivered a well-rounded perspective on project management at a 10K ft view.

By ch R R

Aug 10, 2021

I'm delighted to have this course offered by Google through Coursera. I found out about it through the course. near me. I appreciate the format and set up of the course. The videos are very well done. who take the course and we get to view and hear their interaction. I'm extremely interested in project management course and you won't find a better way of learning . A helpful aspect is that you can save notes, repeat parts of the videos, and you have written text to follow if you like along with the videos'.

By Rafał K

Mar 25, 2021

It's a great tool for complete beginners in Project Management. Although I had formal education in management and special classes in PM, it was good to revise everything and to listen to things I haven't picked up during my studies.

Extremely valuable was the insight into the day-to-day job of project manager and the career stories of Google employees. Some aspects of the course were also though provoking and I appreciate it very much. Now time for Course no. 2! Wish me luck and give it a try! It's worth it!

By Hesham A

Jul 26, 2021

It has been a wonderful and informative month since I started the foundations of project management module a month ago. It has provided me with new concepts in project management such as the methodologies of project management and organisational culture. It has also come across already existing concepts and aspects but presented them in a more organised and professional way.

I am looking forward to continuing the five remaining modules if my financial aid request is approved.

Thanks Google and Coursera.

By محمود ا

Jul 23, 2021

A great foundation course for anyone interested in learning project management skills and knowledge. I especially like the interesting videos, quizzes, and interactive activities that keep me from getting bored throughout the course. Recommended for everyone because project management is a lifelong skill where I learned how to deal with any change that occurs or problems that occur. It was an excellent course that I benefited from a lot and a lot. Thank you to Google management for this.

By Owete U T

Apr 27, 2021

The course clarifies foundational concepts of Project Management and the factors and skills that facilitate successful execution of Project Management.. and the interplay of roles, culture, expectations and techniques that must be measured and balanced against each other in the pursuit if successful project execution.

It also reveals that Project management is a natural fact of everyday life..

The lectures and videos are very relatable and natural... A great job by the Google Project Managers.

By Ye H K

Jun 9, 2021

This is an amazing course! I gained an insightful knowledge about the foundations of project management ( incl project life cycles, project approaches and role and responsiblity of project manager, organizational structure , and change management.) With lots of quizzes and in-practice questions during each video, I felt interacted throughout the whole lesson. At the end of this course, I believe I have a solid understanding of project management. Thank you for your great lesson!

Cheers,

Htun

By Alex K

Apr 1, 2021

Fantastic first class; I found it to be a solid intro to PM. The content's "bite-sized" format makes it easily digestible and comprehensible. Emilio is a great instructor who communicates the content clearly and in an easy-to-understand way (even for non-native speakers). He made the course engaging by striking a good balance between fun and serious elements. Congrats to the whole Grow with Google team thus far; I am looking forward to starting course 2 and meeting more awesome instructors!

By Vijaya S B

Sep 17, 2021

G​reat resource for any one venturing into Project Management, Product Management. Google and Coursea organized the topic in a fantastic way. Glad to have participated in the course. Real world experiences of Program Managers is huge Plus. Very motivating and i enjoyed the instructors way of communication and his amazing energy and excitement to impart this knowledge to the participants will leave you a memorable impression of training and over all experience of going through this course.

By Polina J

Jun 30, 2021

The course was great! However, I think it would benefit from some peer-reviewed written exercises to deepen learning and to get us, students, to think critically from the very start where the fundamentals are discussed. Multiple choice quizzes are great, but they can be too easy sometimes. Nevertheless, the course covered the basics and made me understand the role better, and motivated me to study it further. I would also love to see a video about project governance alongside the reading.