Back to Foundations of Project Management

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Foundations of Project Management by Google

LD
Aug 11, 2021

I loved this course. It was so informative. I took a lot of notes and hope to implement everything I've learned in real-life instances. I look forward to advancing professionally as a project manager.

MR
Nov 27, 2021

Learned a lot such as Agile, C-Suite, Change management, Corporate governance, Culture mapping, DMAIC, Kanban, Lean, Lean Six Sigma, Linear, Matrix structure, Reporting chart, Six Sigma etc. Thank you

76 - 100 of 3,833 Reviews for Foundations of Project Management

By Isabella V

Apr 12, 2021

Too video-heavy needs more visuals, charts & diagrams to supplement the videos, making the course more engaging and easier to take in.

By Mahidur R

By Awais A B

Jun 18, 2021

For me it's 50 50 half understand half not but trying hard to fully understand it

By Martin P

Apr 1, 2021

Too repetitive sometimes

By Soy M

Oct 26, 2021

Pense que el mismo podria estar en espanol y no estaba asi, espero que puedan subir la version en espanol para tomarlo.

By Rohit K

Jun 14, 2021

Course is good, but need more flowcharts and animation to understand it faster.

By David B

Jun 14, 2021

The course is more focused on phrasing than critical thinking.

By Olga K

Absolutely zero content

By Kanokphorn P

Jul 4, 2021

I do appreciate what I have studied and leant from this course. It is very helpful, understandable and practical. I gained more than just knowledge, I discover my skills that I overlooked. I found myself to be more confidence and smarter than I ever thought I was. Moreover, I found out that even just a simple sentence the speaker encourages about the job or course but it is even more touched and healed me when I am very depressed during this period. I found that one simple sentence helped encouraging and releasing out the heaviness in my heart to believe that tomorrow will be better days and yes don't give up yet. Lastly, I have been being happy and eager to learn because of the precise, straightforward, short, sharp lessons, plus the tone of voices of the speak really encourage me to be very active to learn more. As far as I have been lecturing, your voice and intonation is very comfortable and easily understand. Thank you for letting me know myself more and getting me more than just knowledge. <3

By Ihsan H

Sep 2, 2021

This course is amazing, great presenter and the way it delivered its really understandable. To be honest, I am really really afraid when I enroll this course because my English is not really good enough. I am really really scared that I will not finish the course on time and just waste my money. But after follow the course , i do falling in love with this course. I even learn some new vocabularies during the course.

So many things i have learned from this course from the day 1 I join the Foundations of Project Management until the last course Capstone : Applying Project Management in The Real World. Thank you very much for Google and Coursera Teams for bring this course. Hope to see you in the next course. Keep up the good work!!!

By Alaa Q

Aug 2, 2021

This course made me aware of what project management is really about! This realization brings me comfort and relief that what I am currently doing in my work is not a waste of time. We all have some skills in project management .. highlighting that and reading more about each of the PM components is very helpful for me as a person and in my work!! Can't wait to take the other courses and strengthen my skills for each phase of the project lifecycle. I love the content and the variety between using the short videos, readings, real stories and infographics!! so helpful to grasp the meanings of each lesson. Thank you so much for creating such an amazing project course!! Thanks Coursera and Google!!

By dkar

Nov 28, 2021

Coming from a theoretical background, this course helped me transition smoothly to a formerly unknown world, where people don't speak about Socrates & Plato, but about business and strategies. To my pleasant surprise the way the new material was presented was clear and coherent. Moving from one logical concept to the next created a chain of reasoning that made the learning procedure interesting and solid. Interchanging between videos, readings, interacting through discussions (not my favourite part I admit, but that's just me), small exercises, assignments, practice tests offered variety and ensured that this way or the other the foundations of project management will be laid.

By Pinktress D

Jul 1, 2021

As someone new to a certificate program, I am glad to say my expectations of this course have been superseded beyond what I imagined. The instructor and all of his associates offered a great touch in the learning process. Incorporating the videos really helped me stay engaged. Something that was unexpected is the teaching on how to apply for employment opportunities and the path to success on this. I am so fortunate to have learned this, as this has been one of my biggest obstacles in achieving my new career goals. Because I understand the diversity of this field, I am excited to discover any/every role project management has to offer. Thanks so much!

By Rebecca R

Jun 11, 2021

The instructor used relative examples that are well understood in various personal and business aspects. He himself was relatable to users, and so were the "guest speakers". Everything was broken down in well organized and timed sections that delivered information in a well paced manner. I believe someone taking this course that was completely new to Project Management would succeed. The use of video, with text that is highlighted along with the presenters speech was highly useful for me as someone with a photographic memory. Hearing someone speak, while being able to read and follow along greatly helped my type of learning.

By Elena C

Nov 2, 2021

It's a very well done course, I really enjoy the way it's structured. I like how videos, readings and testing of knowledge are alternated, which helps remaining focused since it never gets boring.

It's also good that sometimes there are self-reflection questions that can be shared publicly. I think this boosts motivation and helps people understand that they're not alone in this journey.

Since I've started this course, I have had so many ideas on what I could have done better to improve past projects and new ideas about future ones. It really motivates me to move forward to the next course objectives.

By Jacqueline T

Nov 29, 2021

I absolutely love these courses, because it offers me ample opportunity to learn a new skill that is applicable to real life. Knowledge, is a Powerful tool that will help me get ahead in the employment arena. I am so very appreciative that the courses were affordable too, which contributed to my motivation to take advantage of this golden opportunity to learn something new and useful. Thank You Google, & The Coursera staff, for thinking of folks like myself, and providing a platform that encourages educational growth! And not charging an arm and a leg for it. This is to me, is a win/win.

By Bernice N

Jun 1, 2021

This was a wonderful course. I enjoyed the overall formatting of the course with equal parts videos, readings and quizzes I could do on my laptop and phone via the app. All the topics were very interesting. It was great to hear the real world/Google experiences of actual Project Managers and see how excited they are about where they work and what they do.

I will continue and complete the certification and I hope to change my career into a meaningful and enjoyable career. I also hope to be able to find a mentor and mentor others in the near future as a Project Manager. Thank you!

By Kathryn R

Oct 29, 2021

As a new project manager, I found this course to be fantastic. It provides a great overview of what project management is for those of us who are just getting started and I appreciate the additional insights from program/project managers who have found this career path from many different backgrounds (army, bartending, etc.) It is amazing how many skills translate to this kind of work and I have noticed this myself as I have a background in sales. I would highly recommend this course if you are new to project management or looking for a career change.

By Aung S T

Nov 5, 2021

G​reat and Best of getting opportunities to acquire comprehensive capabilities in respective fields from Google Industry for very practical, functional, actual and hands-on experiences & skill-sets under efficacious teaching tactics with simplicity to quality.

Love to learn more extended studies at Google in areas of Marketing, Finance, Human Resource Management and so on. Today education is not to get certificates from good ranking universities, but to become real capable and functional at current industries' workplaces for growth. Thank so much :)

By Socorro H

Nov 28, 2021

This is a really great introduction into the field. The downloadable materials for the course are a great organizational resource that could be incorporated into your work almost everyday ! I highly recommend for people to consider taking some interpersonal/communications course. From a collaborators standpoint, it is really important to come into collaborative projects with some kind of concept of how the process of feedback works and how it can impact your outcomes and even different aspects of your career. Good luck and keep thriving!

By Sima H

Apr 14, 2021

I very much liked the course. The videos and readings were not too long and were indeed engaging. I appreciate offering it as I am trying to expand my learning and help my candidacy for job opportunities as well as learning personally. If Google and Coursera could offer classes related to financial management similar to CFP or CMA with a certificate would be absolutely wonderful. with CFP even if we go through the course, if we are not working at investment companies, we cannot earn or receive the degree. Thanks again. Sima Hassassian

By Olumide O O

Jun 25, 2021

I​ must say that cousera has added a fresh dimension to my academic life and zest for same. Studying this course injected into me a new zeal towards pursuing project management courses and I am now daring to go for PMP CAPM etc! I feared these courses before but the study of this course, even though due a number of complexities like power outage challenges in Nigeria and harsh conditions of living, I couldn't finish the other levels of the course before it closed down on me!

T​hank you for the powerful opportunity and lifetime impact!

By Markus S

Mar 28, 2021

This course is really incredible and one of the topics that I liked the most was the following and I believe that it is what can make a big change in many companies, the importance of organizational culture. The culture of an organization defines its identity. Its identity essentially describes how the company conducts its business, both internally and externally. A company's values and organizational culture go hand in hand; its values are part of its identity. You can almost think of an organization's culture as its personality.