Back to Foundations of Project Management

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Foundations of Project Management by Google

JK
Oct 5, 2021

Very informative and thorough! I've finished this course with so much knowledge that can be applied to the workforce. Everything is laid out in easy to follow and efficient steps. Couldn't be happier!

LD
Aug 11, 2021

I loved this course. It was so informative. I took a lot of notes and hope to implement everything I've learned in real-life instances. I look forward to advancing professionally as a project manager.

101 - 125 of 3,742 Reviews for Foundations of Project Management

By Christina S

Mar 22, 2021

A well-done course. I like that this introductory course laid the foundation of what project management is all about that has less to do with the hard skills like responsibility matrices, budgets, and deliveralbles. But instead, it makes it crystal clear that success in project management has so much to do with the flawless execution of the soft skills like effective communication, interpersonal skills, and team collaboration. I feel like it delivered a well-rounded perspective on project management at a 10K ft view.

By ch R R

Aug 10, 2021

I'm delighted to have this course offered by Google through Coursera. I found out about it through the course. near me. I appreciate the format and set up of the course. The videos are very well done. who take the course and we get to view and hear their interaction. I'm extremely interested in project management course and you won't find a better way of learning . A helpful aspect is that you can save notes, repeat parts of the videos, and you have written text to follow if you like along with the videos'.

By Rafał K

Mar 25, 2021

It's a great tool for complete beginners in Project Management. Although I had formal education in management and special classes in PM, it was good to revise everything and to listen to things I haven't picked up during my studies.

Extremely valuable was the insight into the day-to-day job of project manager and the career stories of Google employees. Some aspects of the course were also though provoking and I appreciate it very much. Now time for Course no. 2! Wish me luck and give it a try! It's worth it!

By Jorge O G L

Nov 25, 2021

All my life I had wanted to receive this kind of instruction. It is entertaining, concrete, practical and intelligently crafted. The videos, the readings and all the study material are the building blocks of a learning oriented to experience project management even from the promotional phase on the Coursera site. With this "good wind", I hope to get to the sixth "heaven". I am sure that my "kite" will fly very high, because I have a control tower operated by instructors with the gift of world class speech.

By Hesham A

Jul 26, 2021

It has been a wonderful and informative month since I started the foundations of project management module a month ago. It has provided me with new concepts in project management such as the methodologies of project management and organisational culture. It has also come across already existing concepts and aspects but presented them in a more organised and professional way.

I am looking forward to continuing the five remaining modules if my financial aid request is approved.

Thanks Google and Coursera.

By محمود ا

Jul 23, 2021

A great foundation course for anyone interested in learning project management skills and knowledge. I especially like the interesting videos, quizzes, and interactive activities that keep me from getting bored throughout the course. Recommended for everyone because project management is a lifelong skill where I learned how to deal with any change that occurs or problems that occur. It was an excellent course that I benefited from a lot and a lot. Thank you to Google management for this.

By Owete U T

Apr 27, 2021

The course clarifies foundational concepts of Project Management and the factors and skills that facilitate successful execution of Project Management.. and the interplay of roles, culture, expectations and techniques that must be measured and balanced against each other in the pursuit if successful project execution.

It also reveals that Project management is a natural fact of everyday life..

The lectures and videos are very relatable and natural... A great job by the Google Project Managers.

By Ye H K

Jun 9, 2021

This is an amazing course! I gained an insightful knowledge about the foundations of project management ( incl project life cycles, project approaches and role and responsiblity of project manager, organizational structure , and change management.) With lots of quizzes and in-practice questions during each video, I felt interacted throughout the whole lesson. At the end of this course, I believe I have a solid understanding of project management. Thank you for your great lesson!

Cheers,

Htun

By Alex K

Apr 1, 2021

Fantastic first class; I found it to be a solid intro to PM. The content's "bite-sized" format makes it easily digestible and comprehensible. Emilio is a great instructor who communicates the content clearly and in an easy-to-understand way (even for non-native speakers). He made the course engaging by striking a good balance between fun and serious elements. Congrats to the whole Grow with Google team thus far; I am looking forward to starting course 2 and meeting more awesome instructors!

By Vijaya S B

Sep 17, 2021

G​reat resource for any one venturing into Project Management, Product Management. Google and Coursea organized the topic in a fantastic way. Glad to have participated in the course. Real world experiences of Program Managers is huge Plus. Very motivating and i enjoyed the instructors way of communication and his amazing energy and excitement to impart this knowledge to the participants will leave you a memorable impression of training and over all experience of going through this course.

By Polina J

Jun 30, 2021

The course was great! However, I think it would benefit from some peer-reviewed written exercises to deepen learning and to get us, students, to think critically from the very start where the fundamentals are discussed. Multiple choice quizzes are great, but they can be too easy sometimes. Nevertheless, the course covered the basics and made me understand the role better, and motivated me to study it further. I would also love to see a video about project governance alongside the reading.

By Pavel K

Apr 11, 2021

Pavel Kuzmin · 11 minutes ago

Great thanks for a privilege to study this course. All the concepts or portions of content was detailed enough and well-explained. Personally to me was very interesting to recap details about Agile and Waterfall methodologies that i practise in my work. Also the videos from folks were very informative and helped to paint a full picture of discussed domain. Great thanks again for everyone who contribute their time for making this course so well equipped.

By Danie F

May 13, 2021

As someone completely new to the majority of these concepts, I found the course to be a comprehensive introductory overview into the world of project management. It was well put together with industry relevant terminology, standards, and practices. I strongly recommend taking this course if you're interested in the field and especially if you already have a position in it as I'm certain this course would be an asset in being reminded of essential tools and strategies.

By Ramon R

Mar 22, 2021

The way that Google put together this introduction course was amazing. When you can go through a course and are excited to move on to the next portion of the class was really a fun and exciting way to learn. By far one of the most engaging courses I've ever taken whether that be in person or online. If you're thinking about doing this certificate during the 7 day trial you can finish this first course in a week and I'm sure you will be wanting to come back for more!

By Bukkie A

Jun 8, 2021

The course was fantastic and delivered with great precision. Not only did I enjoy the course, I gained lot of tips and transferable insight which I know will be of value in my next role. The facilitator, especially the main one were very honest and out-spoken. They shared their own journey at/prior to Google, which are quite interesting and encouraging. Honestly, they should be mentors. Really, the course was very delivered and surpass my expectation. Great job!!!

By Amy L

Apr 13, 2021

Wonderful content with clear explanations to the complicated concepts! I have been hearing about the terms like waterfall and agile project management methodologies for long and now got a chance to know more! The course is back up with real-life examples and experiences of Googlers. It helps to actualize the concepts and ideas into real scenarios. Thanks for the great content and inspirations! Would definitely be helpful towards future works in project management!

By Florentina B

Oct 21, 2021

Easy to follow and to go back to review material in Coursera. The coursework is manageable and approachable in a way that does not make me feel overwhelmed or intimidated by new information. There are tons of professionals presenting their project management career stories as well as what they found useful. This has been my favorite aspect of this course. It makes it relatable and helps me picture what my new role could look like with time and dedication.

By VIKNESWARAN M

Jul 16, 2021

Interesting course. I loved each and every part of this course. The way the instructor took this course was just awesome. I learned many new concepts of PM from this course. This course gave me the confidence that even I could become the PM in my near future by doing hard work and gaining the right skill set that is needed. I'm looking into completing the rest of the courses in this specialization. Thanks, Google and Coursera for this awsome course.

By Kyunghyun J

Aug 8, 2021

One of the best courses I've ever taken. loved every single bit of this course. It has really helped me construct a castle of knowledge about Project Management. When outside looking in, I didn't know where I should situate myself at so that I could start this journey, but thanks to this course I think I've found a point to start from and whenever I have something to ask or look for help, I can anchor this program to do so. it's a life-changer

By Simon F N

Nov 6, 2021

A​n awesome stepping stone with a lot of knowledge and jargon to enable you and advance anyone in the field of project management. A lot seemed familiar to what I was taught in my business management degree from the University of Johannesburg South Africa . I am just a bit disappointed that so much of the knowledge is just seen as the degree and if the title of the degree is not the same as the profession corporate doesnt see you as relevant.

By Gabriel S

Jun 16, 2021

This course is amazing! It gives you a general overview and insight into the main tools and methods for project management.

It really "takes you by the hand", so you can enroll in this course even if you do not know what does CEO means. Besides all that, the course is structured in such a way so you can be better equipped for entering the project management world.

Thank you so much Google for the scholarship, I am very very grateful for it!

By Doris I C

Apr 26, 2021

its amazing that google offered these courses at a very affordable price for people to further their education and have more job opportunities! I am so glad I decided to take this course and learn more about project management! at first I felt like this course would be challenging but it is extremely easy to access and work at your own pace. Thank you google! I'm looking forward to course 2 and what my future holds with this certificate.

By Ziliya U

Sep 20, 2021

T​his introductory course is a great opportunity to dive into Project Management without too many details and see if you really want to continue your journey as a project manager. Highly recommend it to everyone who wants to know how it's called what you are doing every time at home while organising birthday parties or planning a move to a new accommodation ;) Loved this course very much and will truly recommend it to my closest friend.

By Earl K W

Aug 25, 2021

This course was a great way to jumpstart anyones career. I do feel like it would have been nice to develop some more functionality into the discussion portion of the class. Perhaps a bot that prompted you with questions based on keywords in your responses.

I plan on continuing on to finish the course and then to the SEO and possibly one from FB on social media. From Coursera's standpoint there is an awesome diversity of content here.

By Michelle B

May 21, 2021

Excellent course. Really enjoyed the content from start to finish. I initially had thought it would take me about three weeks to finish as I'm doing two other certificate programs as well plus working as a freelancer and studying for graduate school exams but I ended up finishing it in only a week as the material was so enjoyable I decided to put aside more time and finish it a lot quicker. Looking forward to course two and beyond!