Back to Foundations of Project Management

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Foundations of Project Management by Google

LA
Apr 27, 2021

Gives a solid background understanding to starting with project management and explains concepts such as organizational culture/structure and project management practices such as agile and waterfall.

IK
May 3, 2021

It was reall good to learn from such nice professionals. The course is well designed and it keeps your interest alive till last minute. Really learned a lot from this. Thank you Google and Coursera.

51 - 75 of 1,082 Reviews for Foundations of Project Management

By Jasson C

Mar 13, 2021

Fantastic introduction to the world of project management.

By Jezavel F

Apr 8, 2021

Dynamic, excellent presenters, very friendly to navigate!

By Andrea G

Apr 6, 2021

The course is a great introduction to Project Management, I really enjoyed it and I will continue with next courses.

I think the only thing that could be improved are the "discussion forums" parts. Inside each of these parts, it would be useful to have a direct link to the related discussion forum to look out at previous answers without being forced to always enter its own personal post. I did not participate to some of the discussion forums because I was not really sure I was correctly understanding the goal of the question. Just looking at others' answers could have provided more starting points to help me share my ideas too.

By Isa R

Mar 13, 2021

I've been learning through the PMP Book and it's a bit different. There's some key fundaments that will appear in the PMP exam in a different way, that you have been teaching here. However, I love that you give real life examples and testemonials. That really helps understand better how some principles may apply on a day-to-day basis.

By Matthew C

Mar 13, 2021

Useful. There needs to be some more proofreading of the quiz questions (for example, sometimes it wants you to select "all that apply" but doesn't give you that instruction.)

By Ivo B

A good and crucial course on Foundations of Project Management

By Sima H

Apr 14, 2021

I very much liked the course. The videos and readings were not too long and were indeed engaging. I appreciate offering it as I am trying to expand my learning and help my candidacy for job opportunities as well as learning personally. If Google and Coursera could offer classes related to financial management similar to CFP or CMA with a certificate would be absolutely wonderful. with CFP even if we go through the course, if we are not working at investment companies, we cannot earn or receive the degree. Thanks again. Sima Hassassian

By Markus S

Mar 28, 2021

This course is really incredible and one of the topics that I liked the most was the following and I believe that it is what can make a big change in many companies, the importance of organizational culture. The culture of an organization defines its identity. Its identity essentially describes how the company conducts its business, both internally and externally. A company's values and organizational culture go hand in hand; its values are part of its identity. You can almost think of an organization's culture as its personality.

By Christina S

Mar 22, 2021

A well-done course. I like that this introductory course laid the foundation of what project management is all about that has less to do with the hard skills like responsibility matrices, budgets, and deliveralbles. But instead, it makes it crystal clear that success in project management has so much to do with the flawless execution of the soft skills like effective communication, interpersonal skills, and team collaboration. I feel like it delivered a well-rounded perspective on project management at a 10K ft view.

By Rafał K

Mar 25, 2021

It's a great tool for complete beginners in Project Management. Although I had formal education in management and special classes in PM, it was good to revise everything and to listen to things I haven't picked up during my studies.

Extremely valuable was the insight into the day-to-day job of project manager and the career stories of Google employees. Some aspects of the course were also though provoking and I appreciate it very much. Now time for Course no. 2! Wish me luck and give it a try! It's worth it!

By Owete U T

Apr 27, 2021

The course clarifies foundational concepts of Project Management and the factors and skills that facilitate successful execution of Project Management.. and the interplay of roles, culture, expectations and techniques that must be measured and balanced against each other in the pursuit if successful project execution.

It also reveals that Project management is a natural fact of everyday life..

The lectures and videos are very relatable and natural... A great job by the Google Project Managers.

By Alex K

Apr 1, 2021

Fantastic first class; I found it to be a solid intro to PM. The content's "bite-sized" format makes it easily digestible and comprehensible. Emilio is a great instructor who communicates the content clearly and in an easy-to-understand way (even for non-native speakers). He made the course engaging by striking a good balance between fun and serious elements. Congrats to the whole Grow with Google team thus far; I am looking forward to starting course 2 and meeting more awesome instructors!

By Pavel K

Apr 11, 2021

Pavel Kuzmin · 11 minutes ago

Great thanks for a privilege to study this course. All the concepts or portions of content was detailed enough and well-explained. Personally to me was very interesting to recap details about Agile and Waterfall methodologies that i practise in my work. Also the videos from folks were very informative and helped to paint a full picture of discussed domain. Great thanks again for everyone who contribute their time for making this course so well equipped.

By Danie F

May 13, 2021

As someone completely new to the majority of these concepts, I found the course to be a comprehensive introductory overview into the world of project management. It was well put together with industry relevant terminology, standards, and practices. I strongly recommend taking this course if you're interested in the field and especially if you already have a position in it as I'm certain this course would be an asset in being reminded of essential tools and strategies.

By Ramon R

Mar 22, 2021

The way that Google put together this introduction course was amazing. When you can go through a course and are excited to move on to the next portion of the class was really a fun and exciting way to learn. By far one of the most engaging courses I've ever taken whether that be in person or online. If you're thinking about doing this certificate during the 7 day trial you can finish this first course in a week and I'm sure you will be wanting to come back for more!

By Amy L

Apr 13, 2021

Wonderful content with clear explanations to the complicated concepts! I have been hearing about the terms like waterfall and agile project management methodologies for long and now got a chance to know more! The course is back up with real-life examples and experiences of Googlers. It helps to actualize the concepts and ideas into real scenarios. Thanks for the great content and inspirations! Would definitely be helpful towards future works in project management!

By Doris I C

Apr 26, 2021

its amazing that google offered these courses at a very affordable price for people to further their education and have more job opportunities! I am so glad I decided to take this course and learn more about project management! at first I felt like this course would be challenging but it is extremely easy to access and work at your own pace. Thank you google! I'm looking forward to course 2 and what my future holds with this certificate.

By Shurjendu D

Mar 26, 2021

Based on work I've done in college and learning I've done online elsewhere, I find that the course organization, the presentation of material, and, of course, the teachers, rated extremely high. Emilio, in particular, was an excellent teacher and host and I enjoyed being led by him through the fundamental issues of project management. I am certain that I am as prepared as I could hope to be for the remaining five courses.

By Ramón L M

Apr 11, 2021

This course has been a rush for me. I've loved every minute of it, and I've learned so much! I started this journey with almost no knowlege about project management, neither I knew if it would be of any interest for me. Now I find myself ansious to keep going and learn more! The course is impecable, the teachers are amazing, it's full of useful infographics and the challenges are fun! Totally recomended!

By V C

Mar 19, 2021

The course is informative, easy to navigate, the videos and the real-stories are a pleasure to watch. The quizzes helped review what part of the material should be re-watched or read again. Discussion forums help connect with other people and read insights from others. The glossary comes in handy as well for definitions. Thanks a lot for all the hard work that was put behind building this amazing course!

By Eleanor C

Apr 30, 2021

The course is closer to Agile and its practices so it gives a very general overview of the basics of project management and doesn't dive in too deep on the traditional project management and its practices.

But this is a good course with great insights by people who are actually doing the work and in the field, and it's especially useful for people who want to work in project management.

By Zack S

Apr 1, 2021

Great intro, the content was easy to digest and really laid the path forward well. One issue I did have was not with the content, but the videos would end 30 seconds or so early. I would need to scroll to the bottom of the page and take notes from the transcript since the video would not play that portion even if I attempted to begin the video within the last 30 seconds.

By Regina T A

Apr 22, 2021

The learning process was very interesting, appealing and engaging. Organization and presentation of course content was perfect. I really enjoyed every bit of it. I wish to use this opportunity to thank Google for thier contributions to empowering young professionals during this crisis. I am beneficiary of thier benevolence and I encourage everyone out there to enroll.

By Dipika s

May 5, 2021

I am thankful to Coursera for financial aid. This is really a valuable course & in this tough time without help from coursera it was not possible to me gain new skill. Also, I am very satisfied with this learning material as it is a very well designed & providing complete scenario in brief and back to back assessment within course to verify understanding.

By Anna T

Apr 20, 2021

In the past, I had experience with project management so I thought this course - Foundations of Project management was unessessary. However, I realized that I was totally wrong. I get understanding deeply about project management, what the responsiblities of PM, how to add value to the team....Thanks for creating an amazing course for someone like me.