Back to Foundations of Project Management

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Foundations of Project Management by Google

TP
Mar 18, 2021

Great and interactive content from great instructors from Google. This has helped me in knowing the basics of project management - I am looking forward to finish the rest of the course. Thank you!

DD
Apr 5, 2021

Love the use of video and text simultaneously which are then elaborated on in the readings. I appreciate the practice quizzes as optional so you can skip content you already know. Very flexible!!

1 - 25 of 457 Reviews for Foundations of Project Management

By Deniece T

Mar 23, 2021

I kid you not if you are serious about starting in Project Management, this is a solid course that will put a paid course I took to shame. It's possible to clear all 4 weeks in 5 days within the free trial. Material every week is impeccably well put together, primed with videos, quizzes, bite-sized information detail. Simply put, this course is for budding Project Managers by experienced Project Managers. You won't be short-changed if you decided to give it a try, in fact, I feel like I ripped them off with so much knowledge I'm getting!

By Carl H

Mar 13, 2021

I really enjoyed this introductory course. Having worked with project management for many years I found it relevant and interesting to revisit concepts and also to see how new ideas and concepts over the years have changed the nature of the field. Highly recommended.

By Eric S

Mar 12, 2021

Excellent. As someone who has a project management credential (PMP) and has been involved with PMI for years, I think the Google team has done an excellent job of creating solid introductory content. I found the course fun and informative.

By Karen B

Mar 22, 2021

I love how fun and interactive the course is. I find that the mixture of videos, activities, quizzes and real- world assignments super helpful and conducive to my learning style.

By Seamus M

Mar 13, 2021

Great content, very well structured and informative information. Glad I completed the course!

By Monica C

Mar 13, 2021

From a point of view of a professional whom have always been in a life-long learning path - working in the sector since 1999 - managing direct customers from different territories, curious and critic when it is about shared knowledge, let me tell you that this professional courses really ROCK! Bravo Google

By Astrogildo G

Mar 28, 2021

Hi Google Team,

At the conclusion of the 1st course of the series, allow me to share some relevante thoughts.

All in all, I found the course contente very instructive and pretty well delivered . However, I was quite astonished (and, confess, rather disappointed) with the fact that the course does not follow the established and commonly accepted industry standards as outlined in sources such as PMI's PMBOK.

For example, the project life cycle was described as composed of 4 phases instead of 5, as the commonly accepted in the industry (by including Monitoring and Controlling). Besides, the course identifies only 2 types of organizational structures instead of 3 the commonly accepted, omitting the Projectized Structure; besides, the Matrix structure was not clearly defined by correctly breaking it down into its 3 types (weak matrix, balanced matrix and strong matrix).

I regard those omissions and inaccuracies too severe to be present in course with the extent/scope and deepness of this one and the overall certificate program.

Aside from those failures, the content and the presentation were very good.

Keep up the good work Instructor Emílio and Google Team!

Kind regards,

Astro

By Tamara C

Mar 15, 2021

I enjoyed the course overall, but wish there was a way to create/save notes in other areas besides the videos. It would be helpful to highlight or bookmark content from the readings or case studies.

By Michael B

Mar 23, 2021

This course delivers what it promises! It is an excellent introduction to the foundations of project management: Waterfall, Agile, PMI, Scrum, Lean Six Sigma, teams, tools, resources, psychology, culture and more - all covered in a beginner friendly, well paced course.

Emilio is a knowledgeable instructor and an excellent presenter, a pleasure to listen to and learn from in video after video. I wouldn't be surprised to see him on TV one day.

Highly recommended for anyone looking for an introduction to modern project management best practices.

By Yaman B

Mar 25, 2021

I will be very honest, at first I thought the course would be a replica of the material being provided by the PMI for their PMP exam. However, and while there is a clear connection, the material and they way it is being presented in the Course is truly creative and complete set out a new standard of project management education. I really thank everyone who help preparing this course as I added a lot for me and I look forward to complete the next courses in the specialization.

By Anika C

Mar 23, 2021

Very much appreciated content and presenter. Well thought through and certainly a lot of aspects that I didn't consider before. I also like the additional perspective on "getting hired" though I didn't start the course with this intention. After reading in the forum a little, I took this aspect as a way to guide my learning and becoming better in my job, focus on what I want from career going forward even though it might not involve a different employer.

By Supitcha C

Apr 5, 2021

I wish I took this course since I was 23. Not only did it teach me more about project management processes, but it also provided me some basic soft skills to work well in an organisation, such as how I should observe who to report problems to and that I should predict risks before starting the execution in any project. I will personally recommend that my team members and interns take this course.

By Tri T

Mar 14, 2021

Well put together with very easy to understand concepts and principles with many ways to help with understanding and retention.

I like the quizzes and varied methods for learning, listening and reading along with videos, independent reading and quizzes.

I also liked hearing from actual Goole employees. It was refreshing to see how diverse Google’s employees are.

By Sheeba N

Mar 14, 2021

Great introduction to project management. Though a lot of the concepts are foundational it helped understand what contributes to project management in detail. Especially liked the way different methodologies were introduced in the course.

In week 4 final challenge one of the questions (quesion4) seem to be incorrect. Please take a look if possible

By Alex C

Apr 5, 2021

Great foundation course for anyone interested in learning project management skills and knowledge. I am particular impressed with the interesting videos, quiz and interacting activities which keep me from feeling bored throughout the course.

Recommended to everyone as project management is a lifetime skills.

By Daniel L

Mar 21, 2021

Loved learning about what project management should look like from such a credible source! It was great to hear testimonials from google staff who could share their lived experience along the way. I also enjoyed the encouragement to interact with people through forums.

By Liam M

Mar 20, 2021

Very well presented course with a good foundation that gives insight into what being a project manager is all about. Tasks are relevant and instructors are very well spoken. Examples were easy to understand and see why they are relevant to the course materials.

By Rebecca S

Apr 7, 2021

This course was extremely informative and a great introduction into the project management field of work. I highly enjoyed the pace of this course and the instructors that were in each video. It's very easy to take notes and to go back if need be.

By Enas

Mar 23, 2021

I loved this course, great introduction to the big concepts of project management, and it's done in a pretty amazing way for the explanation and the graded assignments and also the open inputs in the discussion forum

By Daniella D

Apr 6, 2021

By Thomas S

Mar 16, 2021

This course provided me with the information that I needed to know if this career is something that I would be interested in. It also gave me a quick look into the world of project management.

By Saumyadip S

Apr 6, 2021

Well, it's a great course covering a high-level overview of Project Management. Crisp, clear, and engaging. A solid foundation course. Looking forward to the second course of this series.

By Liew K Y

Mar 20, 2021

Great foundations with a lot of interesting insight of project management. The objectives of this course are clearly achieved, looking forward to learn more in next few courses!

By BLESSING J M

Apr 7, 2021

In depth Crash course. I binged it like Netflix and did Course 1 in a week. Maybe its that I don't have a life, but it is a very informative course and absolutely loved it.

By Jennelyn M

Mar 12, 2021

I love this course because it help me to know what should I do as a project manager. In this view, I may be ready on the new task that will be given on me.