Back to Foundations of Project Management

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Foundations of Project Management by Google

VR

Jun 12, 2022

Great delivery of material. Interactive and easy to digest. I was able to apply the conccepts covered in this course to my daily duties as a leader in my organization and was surprised at the results.

BC

Dec 26, 2021

This course is very helpful for those who want to kick start their career in project management field. It is highly interactive and covers basics of project management thoroughly. I really enjoyed it.

126 - 150 of 7,941 Reviews for Foundations of Project Management

By Karl H K

Jun 6, 2022

The Foundations of P:roject management course provides an insight on: intiate, planning, overeeeing, impletmenting, and closing a project. This course is gearer to a myraid types of projects, and cross numerous industries. Ranging from: social, space exploration, and personal use as well. After taking this course will not look at a project the way again! Found interacting with fellow students a great way to expand not only seeking employment, and finding ways to seek solutions to, for numerous problems. Discovered the videos speak to the student, and can relate, and connect on a transending level. Enjoy this course, so will other student-learners.

By P D

Jul 1, 2021

As someone new to a certificate program, I am glad to say my expectations of this course have been superseded beyond what I imagined. The instructor and all of his associates offered a great touch in the learning process. Incorporating the videos really helped me stay engaged. Something that was unexpected is the teaching on how to apply for employment opportunities and the path to success on this. I am so fortunate to have learned this, as this has been one of my biggest obstacles in achieving my new career goals. Because I understand the diversity of this field, I am excited to discover any/every role project management has to offer. Thanks so much!

By Sk M H

Feb 16, 2022

Initially I want to thankyou coursera for giving me this opportunity to complete this course. This is my first course ever on Coursera. The knowledge that i gain from this course is unbelievable. I already interested on learnig project managements so i read many articles on internet but when I found this course on coursera I realize that this may be my best experience ever.

Finally I want to thank my instructuctor Emilio sir whose videos help me to understand each and every details cleary. I also want to thankyou coursera's hardworking team on making a the best educational platform of the world.

Thankyou

Yours Sincerely

SK MOBASSARUL

By Ali H

Dec 15, 2021

This course literally enlightened me with some crucial aspects of Project Management. Also, helped me in finding out what kind of a role I should be looking for as a Project Manager. And how to make sure one carries out all the necessary details when embarking on that particular role. Thank you so much for providing such a detailed course on where to start, how to do it and what to look out for in Project Management. Special thanks to all the instructors who took the time in telling us about their own experience and giving some useful tips that helped them throughout their career journey. Hoping to start the next course soon!

By Rebecca R

Jun 11, 2021

The instructor used relative examples that are well understood in various personal and business aspects. He himself was relatable to users, and so were the "guest speakers". Everything was broken down in well organized and timed sections that delivered information in a well paced manner. I believe someone taking this course that was completely new to Project Management would succeed. The use of video, with text that is highlighted along with the presenters speech was highly useful for me as someone with a photographic memory. Hearing someone speak, while being able to read and follow along greatly helped my type of learning.

By Shubham

Jun 8, 2022

It was an exciting journey. Starting from the scratch to

understanding what is project management

various job titltes and skills set required to be successful project manager

understanding the phases of project management

Various management methodologies includong Waterfall and Agile

Understanding the organisational structure and culture and change management.

This course provides the basic understanding and fundamentals of project management. The best thing about this course is that there's a lot of activities and discussion forums which help you grow even more into this field. I am looking forward to upcoming courses.

By Maria S J

Dec 14, 2021

I have no background in project management and took the course out of a mild curiosity. I learned more than I expected to learn. Some of the things I learned were things I already knew from work experience. (Indeed, I would expect that most people who have worked in a corporate environment would generally know these things.) However, the framework in which the material was presented was very clear and engaging. I would recommend this class for anyone working in a corporate environment even if they do not have an interest in being a project manager because of the overview it provides about projects.

By Motunrayo A

Jun 21, 2022

This course has been an excellent refresher on project management for me. The course content is very detailed and its presented in an easy to understand format, the videos helped me to learn about the non-traditional paths to becoming a project manager from some of the program managers at Google, the questions and quizzes tested my knowledge of the concepts I have learnt, and the discussion boards provided a way to engage and share with other participants. I would highly recommend this course to beginners to the field of project management or those looking to refresh your project management knowledge.

By Elena C

Nov 2, 2021

It's a very well done course, I really enjoy the way it's structured. I like how videos, readings and testing of knowledge are alternated, which helps remaining focused since it never gets boring.

It's also good that sometimes there are self-reflection questions that can be shared publicly. I think this boosts motivation and helps people understand that they're not alone in this journey.

Since I've started this course, I have had so many ideas on what I could have done better to improve past projects and new ideas about future ones. It really motivates me to move forward to the next course objectives.

By JOSIAH M

Feb 21, 2022

THIS IS A PROFESSIONAL COURSE . IT IS GRAED TO PREPARE STUDENTS TO FUNCTION IN PUBLIC AND PRIVATE INDUSTRIE AND JOBS. THE TRAINING IS REACHED WITH INFORMATIONS, PRACTICAL DEMONSTRATIONS, APPLICATION OF PERSONAL EXPERIENCES, LECTURES FROM FIELD EXPERIENCE PROFESSIONALS .THIS COURSE PROVIDE TOP NOTCH TRAINING TO STUDENTS . I AM GLAD TO HAVE TAKEN THE PROJECT MANAGEMENT COURSES. I LEARNED NEW THINGS , ACQUIRED LOTS OF KNOWLEDGE IN PROJECT MANAGEMENT. I AM NOW EQUIPPED FOR PROJECT MANAGEMENT POSITION IN ANY JOB JOB . I RECOMMEND THIS COURSE TO ANY ONE WHO WANTS INPROVE HIS/HER JOB OPPORTUNITY.

By Jacqueline T

Dec 12, 2021

I absolutely love these courses, because it offers ample opportunity to learn a new skill that is applicable to real life. Knowledge, is a Powerful tool that will help me get ahead in the employment arena. I am so very appreciative that the courses were affordable too, which contributed to my motivation to take advantage of this golden opportunity to learn something new and useful. Thank You Google, & The Coursera staff, for thinking of folks like myself, and providing a platform that encourages educational growth! And not charging an arm and a leg for it. This is to me, is a win/win.

By Paulette P

Feb 9, 2022

The course material was simple to follow and comprehend. Throughout the several presentations, the presenters were absolutely very clear. I had previously taken an online project management course, and doing so with Coursera has only added to my knowledge. In addition, this course taught me about some new project management methodologies and approaches, which I greatly appreciate. True, we live our lives in the same way that we manage daily projects, big and small. The fees are low, reasonable, and affordable, and I will enthusiastically recommend this course to others who are interested.

By Bernice N

Jun 1, 2021

This was a wonderful course. I enjoyed the overall formatting of the course with equal parts videos, readings and quizzes I could do on my laptop and phone via the app. All the topics were very interesting. It was great to hear the real world/Google experiences of actual Project Managers and see how excited they are about where they work and what they do.

I will continue and complete the certification and I hope to change my career into a meaningful and enjoyable career. I also hope to be able to find a mentor and mentor others in the near future as a Project Manager. Thank you!

By Georgina M M

Jun 20, 2022

I enjoyed the mixed methods in learning, which greatly improves distance learning away from just reading content. I also like learning checks and quizzes, with references to follow up on for wrong answers. The only thing I wasn't thrilled about is the lack of student discussions and collaboration. Student responses are optional and it seems students don't interact or respond when you reply to their responses. I think there's a missed opportunity here. I was reviewed and graded on my interation with other students for my BA and MA, which were both distance learning courses.

By Jessica N

Jan 9, 2022

Although I had learnt these topics in school, it has been a long time since those lessons. This course helped me to reflect on the projects I have taken on in these past 6 years and the factors that made them a success (or failure). I am currently in a transitional part of life, having left my first professional job, and eager to apply my efforts in a broader range of work. I enjoyed the learning experience, and look forward to completing more modules. Thank you Googlers for your contributions in creating and maintaining this course. I appreciate the choices you made.

By Sally T

May 22, 2022

I am really enjoying the course Foundations of Project Management. The instructors are very clear and concise and the different forms of presenting the information (videos, readings, interactive videos) make learning fun. This class gives an overview of Project Management including transferrable skills you may already have, project management roles, project management methodologies, organizational culture and more. I highly recommend the class and am looking forward the next five courses in the Project Management Certificate program. Thanks, Coursera and Google!

By Joshua M

Apr 18, 2022

The course was a good overview of project management concepts. Efficient use of learning time. Effective resources/readings. The quizzes were intuitive and matched the content.

Application-wise, the assignments where you write your own thoughts were effective, though I noticed not all students gave detailed answers. Take advantage of every assignment and you'll get a good learning experience.

A little over 3 hours for each week and there are 4 weeks in total (for me it took 1 week). About 15 hours in total including job searching as part of a couple of the exercises.

By Maria F

May 29, 2022

This course is an excellent introduction to Project Management. I like the format, which is a combination of short videos, pertinent readings, a discussion board, and practice activities to apply newly learned skills. This course includes career possibilities, which I think is great to have at the very beginning of the course. This course also teaches about how the organization that you are a part of impacts your position as a PM. I was excited to complete every part of this course! Continuing on to Course 2~ Project Initiation: Starting a Successful Project.

By Kathryn R

Oct 29, 2021

As a new project manager, I found this course to be fantastic. It provides a great overview of what project management is for those of us who are just getting started and I appreciate the additional insights from program/project managers who have found this career path from many different backgrounds (army, bartending, etc.) It is amazing how many skills translate to this kind of work and I have noticed this myself as I have a background in sales. I would highly recommend this course if you are new to project management or looking for a career change.

By Aung S T

Nov 5, 2021

G​reat and Best of getting opportunities to acquire comprehensive capabilities in respective fields from Google Industry for very practical, functional, actual and hands-on experiences & skill-sets under efficacious teaching tactics with simplicity to quality.

Love to learn more extended studies at Google in areas of Marketing, Finance, Human Resource Management and so on. Today education is not to get certificates from good ranking universities, but to become real capable and functional at current industries' workplaces for growth. Thank so much :)

By cfoxphoto@yahoo.com

Jun 8, 2022

This course is incredibly engaging, well thought out and presented in an easy to understand format. I wish I could recommend this course to every Corporation for their employees to take, since everyone who works within an organization is a Project Manager in one way or another.

The Google employees who present the course are next level cool and articulate, confident and friendly.

Very empowering and enlightening. You will learn not just about the technical side of Project Management, but the human side as well. Behind all projects are people!

By Socorro H

Nov 28, 2021

This is a really great introduction into the field. The downloadable materials for the course are a great organizational resource that could be incorporated into your work almost everyday ! I highly recommend for people to consider taking some interpersonal/communications course. From a collaborators standpoint, it is really important to come into collaborative projects with some kind of concept of how the process of feedback works and how it can impact your outcomes and even different aspects of your career. Good luck and keep thriving!

By Sima H

Apr 14, 2021

I very much liked the course. The videos and readings were not too long and were indeed engaging. I appreciate offering it as I am trying to expand my learning and help my candidacy for job opportunities as well as learning personally. If Google and Coursera could offer classes related to financial management similar to CFP or CMA with a certificate would be absolutely wonderful. with CFP even if we go through the course, if we are not working at investment companies, we cannot earn or receive the degree. Thanks again. Sima Hassassian

By seraj a

Jan 6, 2022

At this point I would like to gain a deeper understanding of the different phases of project management. As I progressed through this course I have realized that many aspects of my previous jobs would have gone more smoothly had I had this type of training earlier. I am more interested in project management without taking on a leadership role when undergoing change within an organization. I have had such a negative experience with this in the past that I would prefer to support someone else in that role rather than manage the changes.

By Olumide O O

Jun 25, 2021

I​ must say that cousera has added a fresh dimension to my academic life and zest for same. Studying this course injected into me a new zeal towards pursuing project management courses and I am now daring to go for PMP CAPM etc! I feared these courses before but the study of this course, even though due a number of complexities like power outage challenges in Nigeria and harsh conditions of living, I couldn't finish the other levels of the course before it closed down on me!

T​hank you for the powerful opportunity and lifetime impact!