Back to Foundations of Project Management

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Foundations of Project Management by Google

VR

Jun 12, 2022

Great delivery of material. Interactive and easy to digest. I was able to apply the conccepts covered in this course to my daily duties as a leader in my organization and was surprised at the results.

LL

Jan 18, 2022

Very informative and thorough! I've finished this course with so much knowledge that can be applied to the workforce. Everything is laid out in easy to follow and efficient steps. Couldn't be happier!

201 - 225 of 10,000 Reviews for Foundations of Project Management

By Owete U T

Apr 27, 2021

The course clarifies foundational concepts of Project Management and the factors and skills that facilitate successful execution of Project Management.. and the interplay of roles, culture, expectations and techniques that must be measured and balanced against each other in the pursuit if successful project execution.

It also reveals that Project management is a natural fact of everyday life..

The lectures and videos are very relatable and natural... A great job by the Google Project Managers.

By Ye H K

Jun 9, 2021

This is an amazing course! I gained an insightful knowledge about the foundations of project management ( incl project life cycles, project approaches and role and responsiblity of project manager, organizational structure , and change management.) With lots of quizzes and in-practice questions during each video, I felt interacted throughout the whole lesson. At the end of this course, I believe I have a solid understanding of project management. Thank you for your great lesson!

Cheers,

Htun

By Alex K

Apr 1, 2021

Fantastic first class; I found it to be a solid intro to PM. The content's "bite-sized" format makes it easily digestible and comprehensible. Emilio is a great instructor who communicates the content clearly and in an easy-to-understand way (even for non-native speakers). He made the course engaging by striking a good balance between fun and serious elements. Congrats to the whole Grow with Google team thus far; I am looking forward to starting course 2 and meeting more awesome instructors!

By Vijaya S B

Sep 17, 2021

Great resource for any one venturing into Project Management, Product Management. Google and Coursea organized the topic in a fantastic way. Glad to have participated in the course. Real world experiences of Program Managers is huge Plus. Very motivating and i enjoyed the instructors way of communication and his amazing energy and excitement to impart this knowledge to the participants will leave you a memorable impression of training and over all experience of going through this course.

By Polina J

Jun 30, 2021

The course was great! However, I think it would benefit from some peer-reviewed written exercises to deepen learning and to get us, students, to think critically from the very start where the fundamentals are discussed. Multiple choice quizzes are great, but they can be too easy sometimes. Nevertheless, the course covered the basics and made me understand the role better, and motivated me to study it further. I would also love to see a video about project governance alongside the reading.

By Jorge O G L

Nov 29, 2022

I had wanted to receive this kind of instruction all my life. The course is enjoyable, concrete, practical and intelligently crafted. The videos, the readings and the material of the course, are the constructive blocks to show the world what it means to live the profession of project management, including from the first day.

With the "good winds" found here, I invite you to prepare the "kite" that will allow us to vibrate to the rhythm of the projects that the human spirit raised for us.

By Bria B

Jul 15, 2022

This was a well-put-together course. I have learned so much in 2 weeks and have been studying. I cannot wait to finish the other courses connected to this. Seriously I want to be a great Project Manager and am happy that this was the first thing I learned from. This was very interactive and held tons of info, happy about the glossary at the end of the course. I also like how they build on each other, although I am starting the second course they are using what we learned from the first.

By Anupam J

Dec 26, 2022

Thank you for the wonderful course 1 sessions. Its really amazing experience to grasp at a crisp manner.

I am expecting to learn more about project methodologies and its decision making scenarios.

Its so surprising even with completion of course 1 I felt I acquired more skills, vocabulary, mannerism to speak on seeing 2min tips from google program managers and directors. Surprise to see Agile, Scrum and six sigma methodologies too. Its galore of knowledge I ever gain on short period.

By Minh N

Apr 14, 2022

This course helps to systemize everything about project management that people like me who's been dealing with managing projects professionally and those who've never experienced it before. Being equipped with relevant knowledge now, I feel ashamed and regretful as I'm sure I've could done way better in work tasks as well as several past interviews. I guess that's ok though, that's what learning means by making you confidently grow. Shoutouts to the team making this possible! Minh

By Pavel K

Apr 11, 2021

Pavel Kuzmin · 11 minutes ago

Great thanks for a privilege to study this course. All the concepts or portions of content was detailed enough and well-explained. Personally to me was very interesting to recap details about Agile and Waterfall methodologies that i practise in my work. Also the videos from folks were very informative and helped to paint a full picture of discussed domain. Great thanks again for everyone who contribute their time for making this course so well equipped.

By Alfredo L

Jul 18, 2022

The clarity and empathy of the presenters kept me engaged in the course. The videos with input sharing experiences by others in PM kept me motivated.

The course kept a logical, sequential flow, and I enjoyed all material and actions were well contextualises, to I could focus on the material, on the learning, and on the sharing, forgetting at times, as should I, about the interface or about findint material or guessing what´s next.

Thank you for buidling this great course Googlers!

By Dani

Jan 9, 2022

I loved this course! It reviewed a lot of what I already knew and touched on some new concepts as well. I really appreciate how it is geared towards all types of learners and breaks up the readings, videos, and activities in a nice pace. The longest video that you will watch is about six minutes long and they work really hard not to overwhelm you. I can't believe I've already been working on this for four weeks! I was having so much fun that I didn't notice its been a whole month!

By Clint H

Jun 6, 2022

I've learned more things than I thought through-out this course. Self-studying back then only introduced me to the technical aspects of project management; but going through the course opened my eyes and made me aware of how much involved I have to be with people and the company's structure even more.

I definitely recommend anyone who is under a Project Management/or is aspiring to be to take the course. Course 1 is an eye-opener and I can only look forward to the rest of the 5.

By Cynthia L

May 15, 2022

I thiought course 1 was fantastic. The facilitator was ery thorough and detailed in explaining the content and connecting with the students.. He spoke clear and concise. Although I have been project manager on mulitple projects, learning of the specifics on the foundation such as methodologies and change management, I can relate specific wording and details to the work that I've done. AND the correct processes and how to make the project more successful in the future.

By Lara B

Dec 14, 2022

I loved it.One of the first things that was taught is what a project manager is and the roles of a project manager which is great for someone who might be looking into project management as a career. The life cycle of a project, organizational structure/culture and also the interpersonal skills needed of a project manager. Job searching and relevant information/tools was also discussed from time to time. A brief summary of what the other modules are about was also given

By Honey L

Mar 15, 2022

This course gives you a solid preview of Project Management. In this course, you will learn about the project cycle, PM methodologies, PM approaches, Organizational structures, Organization culture, Change management, corporate and project governace, and many more. I think Coursera and Google did a great job in putting up a great course that will really help individuals who want to have a career in Project management. Thank you to all the great minds behind this :)

By Gabrielle W

Jun 20, 2022

The Foundations of Project Management really does go over the foundations and more. It doesn't go too in depth to the point that you become overwhelmed. It's super do-able! I also like that through out the course there are sections dedicated to the job hunting side of project management such as what kinds of job titles to look for and what kinds of skills you can add to your resume. This is perfect for beginners looking to see if project management is right for them.

By Danie F

May 13, 2021

As someone completely new to the majority of these concepts, I found the course to be a comprehensive introductory overview into the world of project management. It was well put together with industry relevant terminology, standards, and practices. I strongly recommend taking this course if you're interested in the field and especially if you already have a position in it as I'm certain this course would be an asset in being reminded of essential tools and strategies.

By Ramon R

Mar 22, 2021

The way that Google put together this introduction course was amazing. When you can go through a course and are excited to move on to the next portion of the class was really a fun and exciting way to learn. By far one of the most engaging courses I've ever taken whether that be in person or online. If you're thinking about doing this certificate during the 7 day trial you can finish this first course in a week and I'm sure you will be wanting to come back for more!

By Buky A

Jun 8, 2021

The course was fantastic and delivered with great precision. Not only did I enjoy the course, I gained lot of tips and transferable insight which I know will be of value in my next role. The facilitator, especially the main one were very honest and out-spoken. They shared their own journey at/prior to Google, which are quite interesting and encouraging. Honestly, they should be mentors. Really, the course was very delivered and surpass my expectation. Great job!!!

By Amy L

Apr 13, 2021

Wonderful content with clear explanations to the complicated concepts! I have been hearing about the terms like waterfall and agile project management methodologies for long and now got a chance to know more! The course is back up with real-life examples and experiences of Googlers. It helps to actualize the concepts and ideas into real scenarios. Thanks for the great content and inspirations! Would definitely be helpful towards future works in project management!

By AYANDA D K

Dec 21, 2022

This course is well structured, each topic builds up to the next, in the beginning I thought this is a career change course but as I kept on going I realised that I not understand Project Life cycle, styles, methodologies, frameworks, tools and so on. I love the way terminology is introduced, the instructor throw in a new term and repeatedly use it until I understood the meaning. Knowledge test quiz are very important and necessary. Looking forward to course 2.

By Harshdeep K

Apr 20, 2022

Sometimes we do things without proper understanding. As mentioned in the course, I have used these project management skills in my career before. But was never able to recognize the pattern. Thus, I was never able to measure the data and my progress. After this course, I can see those patterns much more clearly. These definitely are skills for life. Very beneficial to grow as a professional. Thank you Emilio and Google. I am eager to dig deeper and learn more.

By Markaylia G

Jan 17, 2022

The course was very organized. It was easy to maintain focus with the various learning methods including reading, videos, quizzes, and interactive scenarios. I appreaciate seeing Google employees explain their journeys to becoming PMs. It made a career in PM seem very realistic, especially for someone trying to enter this field. The ability to download documents for future use is very helpful! I am very appreciative of the diversity of the cartoon characters.

By Tarek A

Apr 27, 2022

I really enjoyed the delivery of the Foundations of Project Management course. It seemed slow paced at first, but I realised it was with purpose. Google did a great job ensuring all learning styles had opportunities to engage and retain information with a balance of readings, lecture vieos, experiencial videos, discussions, images, and added the ability to dowload readings directly, which is awesome for people like me who use alternative software for reading.