Back to Foundations of Project Management

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Foundations of Project Management by Google

SH
Jun 11, 2021

Very well put together and interactive, I love the team incorporated pop up questions in the videos this really helped with the learning process. I'm also impressed at how accurate the transcript it.

LA
Apr 27, 2021

Gives a solid background understanding to starting with project management and explains concepts such as organizational culture/structure and project management practices such as agile and waterfall.

51 - 75 of 1,493 Reviews for Foundations of Project Management

By Abdulkabir O O

Apr 19, 2021

Really impactful and straight-to-the-point training with excellent examples. I enjoyed this and definitely want more.

By Alona K

May 7, 2021

This is a perfect introductory course. I learned the basics of PM which is enough to interest me in learning more.

By Daniel Y

Mar 24, 2021

This course was fun, interesting, entertaining, and simple. They designed this first course perfectly so far.

By Sarah A E C

Apr 19, 2021

I never thought I'd be this eager to learn and enjoy a course as much as I did during this course.

By Fatima I B

May 6, 2021

I love the fact that this course clearly introduced all the succeeding courses for this program.

By Jasson C

Mar 13, 2021

Fantastic introduction to the world of project management.

By Jezavel F

Apr 8, 2021

Dynamic, excellent presenters, very friendly to navigate!

By Andrea G

Apr 6, 2021

The course is a great introduction to Project Management, I really enjoyed it and I will continue with next courses.

I think the only thing that could be improved are the "discussion forums" parts. Inside each of these parts, it would be useful to have a direct link to the related discussion forum to look out at previous answers without being forced to always enter its own personal post. I did not participate to some of the discussion forums because I was not really sure I was correctly understanding the goal of the question. Just looking at others' answers could have provided more starting points to help me share my ideas too.

By Isa R

Mar 13, 2021

I've been learning through the PMP Book and it's a bit different. There's some key fundaments that will appear in the PMP exam in a different way, that you have been teaching here. However, I love that you give real life examples and testemonials. That really helps understand better how some principles may apply on a day-to-day basis.

By Matthew C

Mar 13, 2021

Useful. There needs to be some more proofreading of the quiz questions (for example, sometimes it wants you to select "all that apply" but doesn't give you that instruction.)

By Ivo B

A good and crucial course on Foundations of Project Management

By Anna H

May 4, 2021

It's okay for the price. I think the Udemy PMI certification is better, but it costs a little more.

There are three big issues that make this course less valuable.

The course is it leans too heavily on multi choice questions, and peer graded assignments. The third issue is it is it offer very little assistance to people with learning disabilities, putting them at a disadvantage and making them work much harder than other students to attain the same grades. They really need to support their student's better.

The course could be great if they can get these three issues worked out. I'm not saying they shouldn't have any multi choice, but the bulk of grades are base on them.

By Joseph C

Apr 4, 2021

The materials are great, but we should be able to highlight the reading...also, none of your surveys work and they just get in the way. Those need to be fixed.

By Isabella V

Apr 12, 2021

Too video-heavy needs more visuals, charts & diagrams to supplement the videos, making the course more engaging and easier to take in.

By Martin P

Apr 1, 2021

Too repetitive sometimes

By Rebecca R

Jun 11, 2021

The instructor used relative examples that are well understood in various personal and business aspects. He himself was relatable to users, and so were the "guest speakers". Everything was broken down in well organized and timed sections that delivered information in a well paced manner. I believe someone taking this course that was completely new to Project Management would succeed. The use of video, with text that is highlighted along with the presenters speech was highly useful for me as someone with a photographic memory. Hearing someone speak, while being able to read and follow along greatly helped my type of learning.

By Bernice

Jun 1, 2021

This was a wonderful course. I enjoyed the overall formatting of the course with equal parts videos, readings and quizzes I could do on my laptop and phone via the app. All the topics were very interesting. It was great to hear the real world/Google experiences of actual Project Managers and see how excited they are about where they work and what they do.

I will continue and complete the certification and I hope to change my career into a meaningful and enjoyable career. I also hope to be able to find a mentor and mentor others in the near future as a Project Manager. Thank you!

By Sima H

Apr 14, 2021

I very much liked the course. The videos and readings were not too long and were indeed engaging. I appreciate offering it as I am trying to expand my learning and help my candidacy for job opportunities as well as learning personally. If Google and Coursera could offer classes related to financial management similar to CFP or CMA with a certificate would be absolutely wonderful. with CFP even if we go through the course, if we are not working at investment companies, we cannot earn or receive the degree. Thanks again. Sima Hassassian

By Markus S

Mar 28, 2021

This course is really incredible and one of the topics that I liked the most was the following and I believe that it is what can make a big change in many companies, the importance of organizational culture. The culture of an organization defines its identity. Its identity essentially describes how the company conducts its business, both internally and externally. A company's values and organizational culture go hand in hand; its values are part of its identity. You can almost think of an organization's culture as its personality.

By Kavita M

Jun 2, 2021

The course has strengthened my job search. Its making my foundation stronger to be a Project Manager. The videos are amazing and the examples are very relatable. Having the glossary also helped a lot as I would have to prepare it myself. The main learning is it tells if one wishes to be Project Manager they can always learn these skills and pursue their dream. It's not that you need to have a min. of this experience or this education. Its never too late and never too early to dream and work towards to it. Thanks team for this.

By Christina S

Mar 22, 2021

A well-done course. I like that this introductory course laid the foundation of what project management is all about that has less to do with the hard skills like responsibility matrices, budgets, and deliveralbles. But instead, it makes it crystal clear that success in project management has so much to do with the flawless execution of the soft skills like effective communication, interpersonal skills, and team collaboration. I feel like it delivered a well-rounded perspective on project management at a 10K ft view.

By Rafał K

Mar 25, 2021

It's a great tool for complete beginners in Project Management. Although I had formal education in management and special classes in PM, it was good to revise everything and to listen to things I haven't picked up during my studies.

Extremely valuable was the insight into the day-to-day job of project manager and the career stories of Google employees. Some aspects of the course were also though provoking and I appreciate it very much. Now time for Course no. 2! Wish me luck and give it a try! It's worth it!

By Owete U T

Apr 27, 2021

The course clarifies foundational concepts of Project Management and the factors and skills that facilitate successful execution of Project Management.. and the interplay of roles, culture, expectations and techniques that must be measured and balanced against each other in the pursuit if successful project execution.

It also reveals that Project management is a natural fact of everyday life..

The lectures and videos are very relatable and natural... A great job by the Google Project Managers.