Back to Foundations of Project Management

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Foundations of Project Management by Google

SH
Jun 11, 2021

Very well put together and interactive, I love the team incorporated pop up questions in the videos this really helped with the learning process. I'm also impressed at how accurate the transcript it.

LA
Apr 27, 2021

Gives a solid background understanding to starting with project management and explains concepts such as organizational culture/structure and project management practices such as agile and waterfall.

76 - 100 of 1,470 Reviews for Foundations of Project Management

By Alex K

Apr 1, 2021

Fantastic first class; I found it to be a solid intro to PM. The content's "bite-sized" format makes it easily digestible and comprehensible. Emilio is a great instructor who communicates the content clearly and in an easy-to-understand way (even for non-native speakers). He made the course engaging by striking a good balance between fun and serious elements. Congrats to the whole Grow with Google team thus far; I am looking forward to starting course 2 and meeting more awesome instructors!

By Pavel K

Apr 11, 2021

Pavel Kuzmin · 11 minutes ago

Great thanks for a privilege to study this course. All the concepts or portions of content was detailed enough and well-explained. Personally to me was very interesting to recap details about Agile and Waterfall methodologies that i practise in my work. Also the videos from folks were very informative and helped to paint a full picture of discussed domain. Great thanks again for everyone who contribute their time for making this course so well equipped.

By Danie F

May 13, 2021

As someone completely new to the majority of these concepts, I found the course to be a comprehensive introductory overview into the world of project management. It was well put together with industry relevant terminology, standards, and practices. I strongly recommend taking this course if you're interested in the field and especially if you already have a position in it as I'm certain this course would be an asset in being reminded of essential tools and strategies.

By Ramon R

Mar 22, 2021

The way that Google put together this introduction course was amazing. When you can go through a course and are excited to move on to the next portion of the class was really a fun and exciting way to learn. By far one of the most engaging courses I've ever taken whether that be in person or online. If you're thinking about doing this certificate during the 7 day trial you can finish this first course in a week and I'm sure you will be wanting to come back for more!

By Bukkie A

Jun 8, 2021

The course was fantastic and delivered with great precision. Not only did I enjoy the course, I gained lot of tips and transferable insight which I know will be of value in my next role. The facilitator, especially the main one were very honest and out-spoken. They shared their own journey at/prior to Google, which are quite interesting and encouraging. Honestly, they should be mentors. Really, the course was very delivered and surpass my expectation. Great job!!!

By Amy L

Apr 13, 2021

Wonderful content with clear explanations to the complicated concepts! I have been hearing about the terms like waterfall and agile project management methodologies for long and now got a chance to know more! The course is back up with real-life examples and experiences of Googlers. It helps to actualize the concepts and ideas into real scenarios. Thanks for the great content and inspirations! Would definitely be helpful towards future works in project management!

By Doris I C

Apr 26, 2021

its amazing that google offered these courses at a very affordable price for people to further their education and have more job opportunities! I am so glad I decided to take this course and learn more about project management! at first I felt like this course would be challenging but it is extremely easy to access and work at your own pace. Thank you google! I'm looking forward to course 2 and what my future holds with this certificate.

By Mishka B

May 21, 2021

Excellent course. Really enjoyed the content from start to finish. I initially had thought it would take me about three weeks to finish as I'm doing two other certificate programs as well plus working as a freelancer and studying for graduate school exams but I ended up finishing it in only a week as the material was so enjoyable I decided to put aside more time and finish it a lot quicker. Looking forward to course two and beyond!

By Shurjendu D

May 23, 2021

Based on work I've done in college and learning I've done online elsewhere, I find that the course organization, the presentation of material, and, of course, the teachers, rated extremely high. Emilio, in particular, was an excellent teacher and host and I enjoyed being led by him through the fundamental issues of project management. I am certain that I am as prepared as I could hope to be for the remaining five courses.

By Ramón L M

Apr 11, 2021

This course has been a rush for me. I've loved every minute of it, and I've learned so much! I started this journey with almost no knowlege about project management, neither I knew if it would be of any interest for me. Now I find myself ansious to keep going and learn more! The course is impecable, the teachers are amazing, it's full of useful infographics and the challenges are fun! Totally recomended!

By V C

Mar 19, 2021

The course is informative, easy to navigate, the videos and the real-stories are a pleasure to watch. The quizzes helped review what part of the material should be re-watched or read again. Discussion forums help connect with other people and read insights from others. The glossary comes in handy as well for definitions. Thanks a lot for all the hard work that was put behind building this amazing course!

By Sriganeshan S

May 23, 2021

I enjoyed all aspects of this program. The contents were easy to interpret and relatable to all professionals who are even remotely associated. I do not usually say it was fun to learn but it actually was. Thank you Google and Coursera for implementing this course, its useful materials and the great experience. I'd recommend this program to anyone who are interested in learning and developing PM skills.

By Tracy

May 30, 2021

This course was extremely insightful and helpful in launching my career direction into a project management, specifically in design. As a designer, a ton of these principles are baked into the everyday work of a creative professional, and the information helped me to tease out all the management skills I had developed over the years. I am super excited to continue this certificate program.

By Eleanor C

Apr 30, 2021

The course is closer to Agile and its practices so it gives a very general overview of the basics of project management and doesn't dive in too deep on the traditional project management and its practices.

But this is a good course with great insights by people who are actually doing the work and in the field, and it's especially useful for people who want to work in project management.

By Zack S

Apr 1, 2021

Great intro, the content was easy to digest and really laid the path forward well. One issue I did have was not with the content, but the videos would end 30 seconds or so early. I would need to scroll to the bottom of the page and take notes from the transcript since the video would not play that portion even if I attempted to begin the video within the last 30 seconds.

By Regina T A

Apr 22, 2021

The learning process was very interesting, appealing and engaging. Organization and presentation of course content was perfect. I really enjoyed every bit of it. I wish to use this opportunity to thank Google for thier contributions to empowering young professionals during this crisis. I am beneficiary of thier benevolence and I encourage everyone out there to enroll.

By Rosana F S d S

Jun 15, 2021

A complete and essential course for those who wish to boost their career and particularly have never had contact with project management.

Week 3 is a must, approaching Project Life Cycle and its breakdown concisely and objectively.

| 1, Iniatiate | 2, Make a Plan | 3, Execute & Complete Tasks | 4, Close |

Really enjoyed attending Emilio´s classes!

I highly recommend!

By Mildred O I

Jun 2, 2021

I feel greatly privileged to have been part of this course. The instructor was refreshing and very helpful with his explanations and mannerisms in describing concepts. Listening to stories from other project and program managers at Google was also very great. I look forward to more and also using the skills I have learned and worked on in my future career pursuit.

By Dipika s

May 5, 2021

I am thankful to Coursera for financial aid. This is really a valuable course & in this tough time without help from coursera it was not possible to me gain new skill. Also, I am very satisfied with this learning material as it is a very well designed & providing complete scenario in brief and back to back assessment within course to verify understanding.

By Anna T

Apr 20, 2021

In the past, I had experience with project management so I thought this course - Foundations of Project management was unessessary. However, I realized that I was totally wrong. I get understanding deeply about project management, what the responsiblities of PM, how to add value to the team....Thanks for creating an amazing course for someone like me.

By Suresh K

May 15, 2021

The course is very much building insight with various examples, co related to life management. This makes our day to day activities corelated to core tasks of project management . This course is just amazing and gives excellent mentorship videos of how to apply our knowledge, skills to meet the project requirements and achieve the desired outcome.

By Jenne L

Mar 17, 2021

Altogether a great first course with very detailed descriptions about project management. I was able to reinforce what I already knew and learn more about project methodologies and organizational culture. (Those were a couple of topics I thought were interesting). I had a fun time learning and look forward to participating in the upcoming courses.

By Dusko L

May 25, 2021

A great introduction to Project Management. Course is nicely structured and well documented. Run by amazing instructor and featuring some other cool Googlers. I really enjoyed it all. Anyone thinking of taking this career path should take this course. At the end, the course even gives useful tips on how to find a job in Project Management field.

By Nilda B

May 22, 2021

I really learned and enjoyed the way this entire package was put together. The instructor in the video was so relatable and very knowledgeable and even gave real world examples of how to use certain skills in different scenarios. I finished this course in about 4 days because I could take my time and replay what I needed. It was fantastic!

By Stanley S I

May 20, 2021

This course has prepared me to move on in the curriculum well. You'll find a handy glossary that has all the key terms and definitions listed for the course in it. They also have a wide array of instructors from different project management backgrounds. You get great insights into how people get started in the project management industry!