Back to Foundations of Project Management

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Foundations of Project Management by Google

LD
Aug 11, 2021

I loved this course. It was so informative. I took a lot of notes and hope to implement everything I've learned in real-life instances. I look forward to advancing professionally as a project manager.

JK
Oct 5, 2021

Very informative and thorough! I've finished this course with so much knowledge that can be applied to the workforce. Everything is laid out in easy to follow and efficient steps. Couldn't be happier!

101 - 125 of 3,199 Reviews for Foundations of Project Management

By Ye H K

Jun 9, 2021

This is an amazing course! I gained an insightful knowledge about the foundations of project management ( incl project life cycles, project approaches and role and responsiblity of project manager, organizational structure , and change management.) With lots of quizzes and in-practice questions during each video, I felt interacted throughout the whole lesson. At the end of this course, I believe I have a solid understanding of project management. Thank you for your great lesson!

Cheers,

Htun

By Alex K

Apr 1, 2021

Fantastic first class; I found it to be a solid intro to PM. The content's "bite-sized" format makes it easily digestible and comprehensible. Emilio is a great instructor who communicates the content clearly and in an easy-to-understand way (even for non-native speakers). He made the course engaging by striking a good balance between fun and serious elements. Congrats to the whole Grow with Google team thus far; I am looking forward to starting course 2 and meeting more awesome instructors!

By Vijaya S B

Sep 17, 2021

G​reat resource for any one venturing into Project Management, Product Management. Google and Coursea organized the topic in a fantastic way. Glad to have participated in the course. Real world experiences of Program Managers is huge Plus. Very motivating and i enjoyed the instructors way of communication and his amazing energy and excitement to impart this knowledge to the participants will leave you a memorable impression of training and over all experience of going through this course.

By Polina J

Jun 30, 2021

The course was great! However, I think it would benefit from some peer-reviewed written exercises to deepen learning and to get us, students, to think critically from the very start where the fundamentals are discussed. Multiple choice quizzes are great, but they can be too easy sometimes. Nevertheless, the course covered the basics and made me understand the role better, and motivated me to study it further. I would also love to see a video about project governance alongside the reading.

By Pavel K

Apr 11, 2021

Pavel Kuzmin · 11 minutes ago

Great thanks for a privilege to study this course. All the concepts or portions of content was detailed enough and well-explained. Personally to me was very interesting to recap details about Agile and Waterfall methodologies that i practise in my work. Also the videos from folks were very informative and helped to paint a full picture of discussed domain. Great thanks again for everyone who contribute their time for making this course so well equipped.

By Danie F

May 13, 2021

As someone completely new to the majority of these concepts, I found the course to be a comprehensive introductory overview into the world of project management. It was well put together with industry relevant terminology, standards, and practices. I strongly recommend taking this course if you're interested in the field and especially if you already have a position in it as I'm certain this course would be an asset in being reminded of essential tools and strategies.

By Ramon R

Mar 22, 2021

The way that Google put together this introduction course was amazing. When you can go through a course and are excited to move on to the next portion of the class was really a fun and exciting way to learn. By far one of the most engaging courses I've ever taken whether that be in person or online. If you're thinking about doing this certificate during the 7 day trial you can finish this first course in a week and I'm sure you will be wanting to come back for more!

By Bukkie A

Jun 8, 2021

The course was fantastic and delivered with great precision. Not only did I enjoy the course, I gained lot of tips and transferable insight which I know will be of value in my next role. The facilitator, especially the main one were very honest and out-spoken. They shared their own journey at/prior to Google, which are quite interesting and encouraging. Honestly, they should be mentors. Really, the course was very delivered and surpass my expectation. Great job!!!

By Amy L

Apr 13, 2021

Wonderful content with clear explanations to the complicated concepts! I have been hearing about the terms like waterfall and agile project management methodologies for long and now got a chance to know more! The course is back up with real-life examples and experiences of Googlers. It helps to actualize the concepts and ideas into real scenarios. Thanks for the great content and inspirations! Would definitely be helpful towards future works in project management!

By VIKNESWARAN M

Jul 16, 2021

Interesting course. I loved each and every part of this course. The way the instructor took this course was just awesome. I learned many new concepts of PM from this course. This course gave me the confidence that even I could become the PM in my near future by doing hard work and gaining the right skill set that is needed. I'm looking into completing the rest of the courses in this specialization. Thanks, Google and Coursera for this awsome course.

By Kyunghyun J

Aug 8, 2021

One of the best courses I've ever taken. loved every single bit of this course. It has really helped me construct a castle of knowledge about Project Management. When outside looking in, I didn't know where I should situate myself at so that I could start this journey, but thanks to this course I think I've found a point to start from and whenever I have something to ask or look for help, I can anchor this program to do so. it's a life-changer

By Gabriel S

Jun 16, 2021

This course is amazing! It gives you a general overview and insight into the main tools and methods for project management.

It really "takes you by the hand", so you can enroll in this course even if you do not know what does CEO means. Besides all that, the course is structured in such a way so you can be better equipped for entering the project management world.

Thank you so much Google for the scholarship, I am very very grateful for it!

By Doris I C

Apr 26, 2021

its amazing that google offered these courses at a very affordable price for people to further their education and have more job opportunities! I am so glad I decided to take this course and learn more about project management! at first I felt like this course would be challenging but it is extremely easy to access and work at your own pace. Thank you google! I'm looking forward to course 2 and what my future holds with this certificate.

By Ziliya U

Sep 20, 2021

T​his introductory course is a great opportunity to dive into Project Management without too many details and see if you really want to continue your journey as a project manager. Highly recommend it to everyone who wants to know how it's called what you are doing every time at home while organising birthday parties or planning a move to a new accommodation ;) Loved this course very much and will truly recommend it to my closest friend.

By Earl K W

Aug 25, 2021

This course was a great way to jumpstart anyones career. I do feel like it would have been nice to develop some more functionality into the discussion portion of the class. Perhaps a bot that prompted you with questions based on keywords in your responses.

I plan on continuing on to finish the course and then to the SEO and possibly one from FB on social media. From Coursera's standpoint there is an awesome diversity of content here.

By Michelle B

May 21, 2021

Excellent course. Really enjoyed the content from start to finish. I initially had thought it would take me about three weeks to finish as I'm doing two other certificate programs as well plus working as a freelancer and studying for graduate school exams but I ended up finishing it in only a week as the material was so enjoyable I decided to put aside more time and finish it a lot quicker. Looking forward to course two and beyond!

By Michael U

Jul 25, 2021

The foundations of project management by Google is an exciting entry-level course for project management. They teach you the basics to get you all fired up for an exciting career. It is a good place to start your career as a project manager. The videos are short and straight forward and the examples compliments what is being taught. I highly recommend the course for anyone who is looking to pursue a career in project management.

By Hsinyu F

Jul 21, 2021

T​his course gives excellent and comprehensive understandings about the foundation of project management for the newbie PMs. Also for people who are seeking for employment, this course teaches you how to ask good questions to help you understand how organizational culture and structure impact the way you manage projects in the future position. I'm ready to take the upcoming courses to gain more details about project management!

By Mostafa M s

Sep 24, 2021

This course is the first in a series of six to equip you with the skills you need to apply to introductory-level roles in project management. Project managers play a key role in leading, planning and implementing critical projects to help their organizations succeed. In this course, you’ll discover foundational project management terminology and gain a deeper understanding of the role and responsibilities of a project manager.

By Vicky Y C

Jul 9, 2021

It is very easy if you already have few years work experience regardless in which field you may find the content is talking about on the things you've already knew, especially if you are working in marketing. I ended up skipped a lot of videos as the reading materials summarised the video content. If you are fresh into the workspace this it is highly recommended to go through course. It is very organised an easy to understand.

By DR S F

Jul 6, 2021

Excellently put together, easy to navigate, with relevant content for anyone starting out in Project Management. Love the simplicity, use of glossary, infographics, videos, discussion forums to keep it active and engaging. Found this course in Foundations of Project Management very useful as someone who is working as Project Coordinator at a biopharma company and would highly recommend to anyone honestly. Thank you Google!

By Shurjendu D

May 23, 2021

Based on work I've done in college and learning I've done online elsewhere, I find that the course organization, the presentation of material, and, of course, the teachers, rated extremely high. Emilio, in particular, was an excellent teacher and host and I enjoyed being led by him through the fundamental issues of project management. I am certain that I am as prepared as I could hope to be for the remaining five courses.

By Michael B

Aug 9, 2021

I managed to complete this in about a week. The class structure is very well thought out and I love how it is. There are short videos along with short reading lessons. The quizzes are also short. I find it works best, for me, to take about a week's worth of courses a day. Any more than that and I start losing focus and start failing the quizzes, so don't overdo yourself. The instructor and guests are amazing. Great job!

By Roger J

Jul 26, 2021

Excellent teaching methodology and course content, I have been a project manager for over 15 years so i have seen many changes and approaches to driving change through an organization, this is a great all around and will give both new and established project managers tools they can use in real situations and with resources' they can turn to both now and in the future.

Roger Jones

Senior Project Manager

JGI Group

By Ramón L M

Apr 11, 2021

This course has been a rush for me. I've loved every minute of it, and I've learned so much! I started this journey with almost no knowlege about project management, neither I knew if it would be of any interest for me. Now I find myself ansious to keep going and learn more! The course is impecable, the teachers are amazing, it's full of useful infographics and the challenges are fun! Totally recomended!