Back to Foundations of Project Management

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Foundations of Project Management by Google

JK
Oct 5, 2021

Very informative and thorough! I've finished this course with so much knowledge that can be applied to the workforce. Everything is laid out in easy to follow and efficient steps. Couldn't be happier!

LD
Aug 11, 2021

I loved this course. It was so informative. I took a lot of notes and hope to implement everything I've learned in real-life instances. I look forward to advancing professionally as a project manager.

126 - 150 of 3,820 Reviews for Foundations of Project Management

By Ziliya U

Sep 20, 2021

T​his introductory course is a great opportunity to dive into Project Management without too many details and see if you really want to continue your journey as a project manager. Highly recommend it to everyone who wants to know how it's called what you are doing every time at home while organising birthday parties or planning a move to a new accommodation ;) Loved this course very much and will truly recommend it to my closest friend.

By Earl K W

Aug 25, 2021

This course was a great way to jumpstart anyones career. I do feel like it would have been nice to develop some more functionality into the discussion portion of the class. Perhaps a bot that prompted you with questions based on keywords in your responses.

I plan on continuing on to finish the course and then to the SEO and possibly one from FB on social media. From Coursera's standpoint there is an awesome diversity of content here.

By Michelle B

May 21, 2021

Excellent course. Really enjoyed the content from start to finish. I initially had thought it would take me about three weeks to finish as I'm doing two other certificate programs as well plus working as a freelancer and studying for graduate school exams but I ended up finishing it in only a week as the material was so enjoyable I decided to put aside more time and finish it a lot quicker. Looking forward to course two and beyond!

By Michael U

Jul 25, 2021

The foundations of project management by Google is an exciting entry-level course for project management. They teach you the basics to get you all fired up for an exciting career. It is a good place to start your career as a project manager. The videos are short and straight forward and the examples compliments what is being taught. I highly recommend the course for anyone who is looking to pursue a career in project management.

By Hsinyu F

Jul 21, 2021

T​his course gives excellent and comprehensive understandings about the foundation of project management for the newbie PMs. Also for people who are seeking for employment, this course teaches you how to ask good questions to help you understand how organizational culture and structure impact the way you manage projects in the future position. I'm ready to take the upcoming courses to gain more details about project management!

By Mostafa M s

Sep 24, 2021

This course is the first in a series of six to equip you with the skills you need to apply to introductory-level roles in project management. Project managers play a key role in leading, planning and implementing critical projects to help their organizations succeed. In this course, you’ll discover foundational project management terminology and gain a deeper understanding of the role and responsibilities of a project manager.

By Vicky Y C

Jul 9, 2021

It is very easy if you already have few years work experience regardless in which field you may find the content is talking about on the things you've already knew, especially if you are working in marketing. I ended up skipped a lot of videos as the reading materials summarised the video content. If you are fresh into the workspace this it is highly recommended to go through course. It is very organised an easy to understand.

By DR S F

Jul 6, 2021

Excellently put together, easy to navigate, with relevant content for anyone starting out in Project Management. Love the simplicity, use of glossary, infographics, videos, discussion forums to keep it active and engaging. Found this course in Foundations of Project Management very useful as someone who is working as Project Coordinator at a biopharma company and would highly recommend to anyone honestly. Thank you Google!

By Shurjendu D

May 23, 2021

Based on work I've done in college and learning I've done online elsewhere, I find that the course organization, the presentation of material, and, of course, the teachers, rated extremely high. Emilio, in particular, was an excellent teacher and host and I enjoyed being led by him through the fundamental issues of project management. I am certain that I am as prepared as I could hope to be for the remaining five courses.

By Micheal B

Aug 9, 2021

I managed to complete this in about a week. The class structure is very well thought out and I love how it is. There are short videos along with short reading lessons. The quizzes are also short. I find it works best, for me, to take about a week's worth of courses a day. Any more than that and I start losing focus and start failing the quizzes, so don't overdo yourself. The instructor and guests are amazing. Great job!

By Roger J

Jul 26, 2021

Excellent teaching methodology and course content, I have been a project manager for over 15 years so i have seen many changes and approaches to driving change through an organization, this is a great all around and will give both new and established project managers tools they can use in real situations and with resources' they can turn to both now and in the future.

Roger Jones

Senior Project Manager

JGI Group

By Ramón L M

Apr 11, 2021

This course has been a rush for me. I've loved every minute of it, and I've learned so much! I started this journey with almost no knowlege about project management, neither I knew if it would be of any interest for me. Now I find myself ansious to keep going and learn more! The course is impecable, the teachers are amazing, it's full of useful infographics and the challenges are fun! Totally recomended!

By V C

Mar 19, 2021

The course is informative, easy to navigate, the videos and the real-stories are a pleasure to watch. The quizzes helped review what part of the material should be re-watched or read again. Discussion forums help connect with other people and read insights from others. The glossary comes in handy as well for definitions. Thanks a lot for all the hard work that was put behind building this amazing course!

By Sriganeshan S

May 23, 2021

I enjoyed all aspects of this program. The contents were easy to interpret and relatable to all professionals who are even remotely associated. I do not usually say it was fun to learn but it actually was. Thank you Google and Coursera for implementing this course, its useful materials and the great experience. I'd recommend this program to anyone who are interested in learning and developing PM skills.

By Mahra A M

Sep 9, 2021

It's really interesting and great course. The content well structured and informative. In this course we learned bout to the following topics: - The role and value of a project manager - Project life cycle - Project management methodologies - Organizational structure and culture Highly recommended for anyone wanting to start their project management career. Looking forward to complete the next course.

By Dimitar B

Sep 5, 2021

I​ had gone through other project management courses in other platforms and after a few I had given up on the idea of this role for my career development. This course for the Foundations of Project Management reignited my desire to develop in this field and motivate me to keep learning and growing. Great place to start for people who are not sure if they are on the right path of career development.

By Nguyen D T

Oct 23, 2021

Foundations of Project Management from Google is something kind of magnificent to me. It provides the overarching picture of how a project looks like, how project management is. The course is combined various learning methods such as listening, active recalling, reflection,... to help learners engaged with online learning interestedly. Thanks Coursera for giving me a chance to learn this course

By Breda

Nov 22, 2021

It is a basic course for you to start, but it is very useful and you really get a big picture of PM. The Lecturer and guests on this course are very good with great communication skills (of course what else, they are project and program managers at Google :) ). I would really recommend this course to anyone, even if you do not see yourself as a PM, because it is useful also in everyday life.

By Alexandra C

Oct 18, 2021

I loved my introduction to project management. I suppose the most unexpected thing was learning that I already knew much of what instructors taught through the course. It was nice to see my previous experience has not been for naught. And even more comforting to finally find a career goal that neatly packs all of my experience into a solid career path. I am even more excited about my future.

By Tracy

May 30, 2021

This course was extremely insightful and helpful in launching my career direction into a project management, specifically in design. As a designer, a ton of these principles are baked into the everyday work of a creative professional, and the information helped me to tease out all the management skills I had developed over the years. I am super excited to continue this certificate program.

By John M

Dec 2, 2021

I'm a project/PMO Leader with 20+ years experience. I did this course because I was trying to find a new training approach for new starters in my team. Great course, well explained. I especially like the focus on culture and org design. I also like the process agnostic approach - too many new PMs only believe there is one 'right way' that they learned on a Scrum-Master or Prince2 course.

By Rui M T M

Jul 13, 2021

T​he Google s educational program has ideias, principles, processes, and values that prepare us for the challenges of management near future.

A​ "Watterfall" of knowledge, this course is extemelly very well developed, with a suitability and integrity of a universe of industries, corporations and organizations.

A​ breath of fresh pinewood forest air in the educational landscape.

E​xcellent!

By Eleanor C

Apr 30, 2021

The course is closer to Agile and its practices so it gives a very general overview of the basics of project management and doesn't dive in too deep on the traditional project management and its practices.

But this is a good course with great insights by people who are actually doing the work and in the field, and it's especially useful for people who want to work in project management.

By Hallie R

Aug 22, 2021

I have been in the non-profit workforce for almost 30 years and I learned a lot during this course about the role of project management. It made me reflect on my organization, our leadership structure, how decisions are made. The course was also validating for the work that I do. I feel like I am going to learn different tools and skills that can enhance what I am already doing.

By Petrana K

Jul 25, 2021

This was an excellent course for beginners who are interested in project management. From Emilio, the teacher/narrator, who took time to explain everything in layman terms, study materials that were amazing, resources for further learning, to fun quizes (seriously, how did you make a quiz sound fun?!), I thoroughly enjoyed this course, and hope that all the others did / will too!