Back to Project Planning: Putting It All Together

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Project Planning: Putting It All Together by Google

This is the third course in the Google Project Management Certificate program. This course will explore how to map out a project in the second phase of the project life cycle: the project planning phase. You will examine the key components of a project plan, how to make accurate time estimates, and how to set milestones. Next, you will learn how to build and manage a budget and how the procurement processes work. Then, you will discover tools that can help you identify and manage different types of risk and how to use a risk management plan to communicate and resolve risks. Finally, you will explore how to draft and manage a communication plan and how to organize project documentation. Current Google project managers will continue to instruct and provide you with hands-on approaches for accomplishing these tasks while showing you the best project management tools and resources for the job at hand. Learners who complete this program should be equipped to apply for introductory-level jobs as project managers. No previous experience is necessary. By the end of this course, you will be able to: - Describe the components of the project planning phase and their significance. - Explain why milestones are important and how to set them. - Make accurate time estimates and describe techniques for acquiring them from team members. - Identify tools and best practices to build a project plan and risk management plan. - Describe how to estimate, track, and maintain a budget. - Explain the procurement process and identify key procurement documentation. - Draft a communication plan and explain how to manage it. - Explain why milestones are important and how to set them. - Explain why a project plan is necessary and what components it contains. - Make accurate time estimates and describe techniques for acquiring them from team members....

JR
Jul 2, 2021

Google vision of the Project Management career is something that I enjoy learning. They are fresh, actual and inclusive, maintaining the discipline and organization required for Project Managers

NT
Jul 4, 2021

The steps are clearly laid out and there are templates provided. I also like how they added talks from Google program managers to describe how they put the same topics discussed into practice.

51 - 75 of 470 Reviews for Project Planning: Putting It All Together

By Willy D S

Oct 21, 2021

It's fun, dense and well packed course. I may have experiences on my job as project manager, but this course enrich my knowledge and things that I have never considered before. Recommended and two thumbs up.

By Parris S

Nov 1, 2021

Was a great course to complete. It wasn't too easy to make you feel like you could have skipped anything. I really do fell better about my planning skills from completing this section of the certificate

By German G

Sep 18, 2021

Excellent course. I liked the way it was put together and how the plans and documents generated for the project: schedule, budget, risk, communication, project charter, RACI; were linked to each other.

By Tymoteusz W

Jul 22, 2021

Good follow-up to previous parts of the certificate course. I learned a lot about communication and risk management. I recomment this to anyone who wants to be better at planning and managing projects.

By Vishnu R

Nov 19, 2021

Great course! Wish I took this sooner in the year. I've learnt some information from this course that I can apply to both my work life and personal life. Thank you very much I did learn alot.

By Karina J

Aug 31, 2021

Great course. I've learnt a lot here. The whole specialization is very interesting and full of knowledge so far. Every course is becoming more and more advanced but it's really gmazing.

By Thomas C B

Nov 3, 2021

I continue to be very impressed with the thorough and effective teaching of this course. I have really gained knowledge and usable skills and feel ready to work as a project manager.

By mariana c

Apr 25, 2021

Great content. I really enjoyed learning more about all the components of a project. How to properly document, communicate and keep track of the project were really well explained!

By BENCHEBIBA L

Nov 1, 2021

i​n this course you will find everything you need to plan for your project . so my advice is to enroll and start learning because by the end of 2021 you will need this skill

By Diego

Oct 25, 2021

Excelente programa, super desafiantes, por tiempo y dedicacion. Gran trabajo han realizado!!! Felicitaciones y gracias por permitirnos acceder este tipo de entrenamientos!!!

By Oluwafunmilayo O

Oct 29, 2021

The course was so educating and i learned a whole lot. Thanks to the instructors and i am hoping to put all i have learned into very good use as a reliable Project Manager.

By Annalisa C

Sep 16, 2021

Thanks Coursera and Google for this comprehensible and complete course, which allowed me to have the effective overview (both theoretical and practical) that I wanted.

By Rob B

Oct 13, 2021

Overall this was a great course and very thorough and it had a lot of tasks and I learned a lot. I would highly recommend it but take it in order of courses 1 - 6.

By Md T N R

Nov 17, 2021

An amazing course to learn. Thank you so much for giving us a real life lesson by which we will enrich our knowledge and make it useful to our prospective future.

By syed s

Sep 3, 2021

It was a very immersive and interesting course -- a lot of self-learning to be done on my own to really understand and put together into practice the methedology.

By raman k

Jun 19, 2021

Amazing course by google , perfectly paced and great guide and tutor across the course . Going forward and starting my passion this course might be a milestone .

By Małgorzata C

Nov 5, 2021

Very good material, perfect exercices during the course. Good training for candidates but also good revision for some PM working on small and medium projects.

By Shradha M G

Jul 22, 2021

Course was extremely helpful, more than just terms and concepts. All the practical uses were made clear. Good work by the course creation team. Thank you!

By Cynthia N

Jun 4, 2021

I absolutely loved this course! The material is organised and easy to take in. I have also enjoyed the activities and assignments through out the course.

By GAURAV K

Jun 3, 2021

Excellent Course Structure

Very well explained

Loved everything about this course, It is very addictive the way activities and project videos are planned.

By Amanda B

Oct 24, 2021

W​onderful course, perfectly covering the topic. It all fell in place when covering the topics covered in this part of the course. Highly recommended.

By Uche O U

Aug 1, 2021

The model and very simple way of presenting teaching and the course works made easy for a better understanding and application for my on going project

By Oluwole O

Aug 6, 2021

Opened my eyes to the little details of project planning that I have before now deem trivial...Rigorous and tasking all the way. but worth the wait.

By Karla Z

Aug 19, 2021

Great course, there was a ton to learn. It was explained very well and I loved that they had more examples on how forms looked and other things.

By Sanjeevani F

Oct 11, 2021

This course content is so informative and it helped me a lot to improve my knowledge. Also it gives a good practical knowledge about then area