Back to Project Planning: Putting It All Together

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Project Planning: Putting It All Together by Google

This is the third course in the Google Project Management Certificate program. This course will explore how to map out a project in the second phase of the project life cycle: the project planning phase. You will examine the key components of a project plan, how to make accurate time estimates, and how to set milestones. Next, you will learn how to build and manage a budget and how the procurement processes work. Then, you will discover tools that can help you identify and manage different types of risk and how to use a risk management plan to communicate and resolve risks. Finally, you will explore how to draft and manage a communication plan and how to organize project documentation. Current Google project managers will continue to instruct and provide you with hands-on approaches for accomplishing these tasks while showing you the best project management tools and resources for the job at hand. Learners who complete this program should be equipped to apply for introductory-level jobs as project managers. No previous experience is necessary. By the end of this course, you will be able to: - Describe the components of the project planning phase and their significance. - Explain why milestones are important and how to set them. - Make accurate time estimates and describe techniques for acquiring them from team members. - Identify tools and best practices to build a project plan and risk management plan. - Describe how to estimate, track, and maintain a budget. - Explain the procurement process and identify key procurement documentation. - Draft a communication plan and explain how to manage it. - Explain why milestones are important and how to set them. - Explain why a project plan is necessary and what components it contains. - Make accurate time estimates and describe techniques for acquiring them from team members....

AO

Jan 18, 2022

This is a perfectly prepared course. the videos and activities were simply perfect. I learnt a great deal from this.\n\ni would recommend it to anyone wanting in-depth knowledge of Project management.

JR

Jul 2, 2021

Google vision of the Project Management career is something that I enjoy learning. They are fresh, actual and inclusive, maintaining the discipline and organization required for Project Managers

76 - 100 of 992 Reviews for Project Planning: Putting It All Together

By Daniel M d S

Jan 29, 2022

Very good course, well explained by the trainers and in fluent language that anyone, regardless of nationality, can understand. Good tools to work with. It really helps the real examples in each course. thank you so much

By mohammad k

Feb 1, 2022

t​his course was more detailed and challenging to compare with the last courses. I am really keen to go for the next one. the instructure of this course was clear and this course covers what is really needed to learn.

By Adrian P

Apr 4, 2021

The course was much more informational and heavier than the previous two. I have gained a lot of knowledge and it will be beneficial to revisit notes to ensure I remain up to date with the knowledge I have acquired.

By Vincent I

Mar 25, 2022

The course has given me hands on skills in project planning. Given that a project plan is the prerequisite for the success of any project, the skills learned in this course will help me in my project managment role

By Mohamed S

May 11, 2021

This course is awesome, a lot of useful and detailed information, materials, and documents that prepares you for a role in project management.

Rowena the instructor is great at delivering the information smoothly.

By Carl H

Apr 4, 2021

I really enjoyed this course. It highlights the value of managing projects through correct processes and documentation, and helps give an understanding as to how to run projects with higher levels of success.

By Willy D S

Oct 21, 2021

It's fun, dense and well packed course. I may have experiences on my job as project manager, but this course enrich my knowledge and things that I have never considered before. Recommended and two thumbs up.

By Mochammad R

Jan 13, 2022

I enjoyed the course and it provides me with so much insights on project planning. Thank you Google and Coursera for making this program available, and thank you to Rowena for being a wonderful instructor.

By Michael E

Feb 23, 2022

In this course, you will learn about all tools do you need to Project Planning. Start with Work Breakdown Structures, then scheduling, budgeting, risk planning, and finally, communication plan. Go ahead.

By Parris S

Nov 1, 2021

Was a great course to complete. It wasn't too easy to make you feel like you could have skipped anything. I really do fell better about my planning skills from completing this section of the certificate

By German G

Sep 18, 2021

Excellent course. I liked the way it was put together and how the plans and documents generated for the project: schedule, budget, risk, communication, project charter, RACI; were linked to each other.

By Tymoteusz W

Jul 22, 2021

Good follow-up to previous parts of the certificate course. I learned a lot about communication and risk management. I recomment this to anyone who wants to be better at planning and managing projects.

By Jesús N R

Jan 6, 2022

Thanks Coursera and Google, you are helping people to consolidate their proffesionals performances, and to make this world (that is called project management) more polite, efficient and proffessional

By Zainab A

Mar 2, 2022

t​he most insightful and informative course i have ever taken. worth all the time and money. keep up the great work google, have learnt so much and im glad i registered for this course. thank you.

By M. A M M

May 19, 2022

I​t was an excellent course to learn about schedule, budget, risk, and docummentation. The content focus on these topics with good examples and activities to put in practice what you learned.

By Vishnu R

Nov 19, 2021

Great course! Wish I took this sooner in the year. I've learnt some information from this course that I can apply to both my work life and personal life. Thank you very much I did learn alot.

By Daria B

Feb 26, 2022

This all in a very professional way. i am glad to be part of this journey. i have studied many courses by different companies, mostly from russian, but comparing witj yours they are nothing

By Karina J

Aug 31, 2021

Great course. I've learnt a lot here. The whole specialization is very interesting and full of knowledge so far. Every course is becoming more and more advanced but it's really gmazing.

By Thomas C B

Nov 3, 2021

I continue to be very impressed with the thorough and effective teaching of this course. I have really gained knowledge and usable skills and feel ready to work as a project manager.

By mariana c

Apr 25, 2021

Great content. I really enjoyed learning more about all the components of a project. How to properly document, communicate and keep track of the project were really well explained!

By BENCHEBIBA L

Nov 1, 2021

i​n this course you will find everything you need to plan for your project . so my advice is to enroll and start learning because by the end of 2021 you will need this skill

By Diego

Oct 25, 2021

Excelente programa, super desafiantes, por tiempo y dedicacion. Gran trabajo han realizado!!! Felicitaciones y gracias por permitirnos acceder este tipo de entrenamientos!!!

By Shandhi S

May 16, 2022

There were lots of stuff I never know before this course, so I really learned a lot. I can't wait to implement what I learned from this course to the real world's projects.

By Iqbal

Dec 16, 2021

Highly recommended for someone who wants to kick-start their learning in the field of Project Management. The series of this course will help you acquire so much knowledge.

By Oluwafunmilayo O

Oct 29, 2021

The course was so educating and i learned a whole lot. Thanks to the instructors and i am hoping to put all i have learned into very good use as a reliable Project Manager.