Back to Initiating and Planning Projects

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Initiating and Planning Projects by University of California, Irvine

The courses in the Introduction to Project Management Principles and Practices Specialization are a recommended precursor to UCI's Applied Project Management Certificate. Successful projects require careful upfront planning. In this course, you’ll learn the key roles and responsibilities of the project manager and project team. You’ll also learn to answer some key questions upfront to help you meet project objectives: What will this project accomplish? Why is this project important? Who benefits from this project? How will we plan for successful outcomes? Upon completing this course, you will be able to: 1. Identify the key characteristics of a project 2. Identify primary project constraints 3. Define the role and responsibilities of the project manager 4. Identify Project Organizational Structures 5. Understand the definition of a Project Stakeholder 6. Identify project stakeholders 7. Identify information needs of the project stakeholders 8. Define responsibility for managing stakeholder and controlling stakeholder engagement 9. Define the purpose of using a project charter 10. Summarize the key elements of a project plan 11. Identify common sources of conflict within a project environment 12. Describe the difference between authority and influence...
Highlights
introductory course
(675 Reviews)
foundational knowledge
(842 Reviews)

OU

Mar 27, 2018

This is absolutely worth everything that I invested into this course. And I do not mind studying it all over again! I recommend it for anyone who wants to learn project management. Thank you Margaret.

DS

Nov 20, 2017

It was very helpful for me to understand what the project management is. I am just thinking about starting this new career path and i was feeling comfortable in this field during the learning process.

1 - 25 of 1,414 Reviews for Initiating and Planning Projects

By Mike F

Oct 17, 2016

I enjoyed this course, the mix of the video presentations and the powerpoints are well done. The instructor did an excellent job. the 'bonus videos' and 'panelist interviews' are very good as well.

By Juan R C R

Jul 12, 2019

Bastante entendible y bueno para empezar en lo relacionado a proyectos.

By Antonio P C

Jul 08, 2019

Excelente curso!!!

By Paulo C A L d S

Jul 11, 2019

Amazing overview of the project pipeline

By Ali A

Jul 07, 2019

I like the way how this course is structured and easy to follow in addition to the way it directs your attention to things that you really need to be aware of in your career

By Manjinder S

May 01, 2019

Great course

By ONYEMAECHI U U

Mar 27, 2018

By Yu X

Jul 13, 2019

I hope there can be more examples and practise in real cases we can do so that use all these theories.

By Ketaki S

Jul 07, 2019

Comprehensive start to understand PM concepts

By Stephen B

May 02, 2019

Very useful to start project management role with the right tools

By Ahmed H

Good course

By Saurabh D

May 30, 2016

Following are the scope of improvement -

1) The flash lessons could have been provided in some kind of downloadable format (preferably PDF)

2) Actual examples of Project Charter and Project Management Plan could have been provided. This would have made it easier to relate theory (of this course) with (actual) practice.

By Imanova V

Jul 30, 2018

Very small amount of video lectures, it's a self-learning EDU track, which is okay to a certain extent, but you turn out to be not that involved when there is only 8 mins of video-lecturing per week and everything else is read and study by yourself. More explanations, more real-life examples needed. Also, PMP-book "promotion" was mentioned too often.

But overall course was good.

By HUCK A G J

Nov 17, 2018

Excellent cours pour débuter et apprendre les bases de la Gestion de projet. Indispensable pour comprendre les fondamentaux !!

By Thierry C

Dec 04, 2018

This course has helped me better understand the field of project management. I have now a very good grasp of the project cycle and have been introduced to the PMBOK. the instructor was friendly and has wonderful pedagogical approach. I strongly recommend this course.

By Iryna I

Dec 18, 2018

Dear Mrs. Meloni, thank you for your course. It was very useful, I appreciated a lot all your bonus videos! It was very well structured.

By Sherna J A B

Dec 18, 2018

The technical terms were simplified and the course was rather engaging. I look forward to taking the other courses in this specialisation. Taking this course was worth it.

By Lisandra C

Dec 19, 2018

Very good course. I would recommend to anyone who wants to learn the fundamentals of project management.

By Veronica M

Dec 06, 2018

I really enjoyed this course, I've learned a lot and I will continue with the rest of the specialisation course!

By Faith N

Dec 10, 2018

Great initiation into PM

By Saidat O

Dec 13, 2018

Very insightful. Liked the different types of learning resources and I've definitely come away with a better understanding of project management and what it takes to be a project manager.

By Meaad A A Z

Dec 25, 2018

It was excellent course, it improved my skills

By Eyasu M

Dec 31, 2018

A wonderful course.I wish I could enroll in the next courses!

By Peter

Jan 28, 2019

Great Course

By Amos S U

Jan 28, 2019

This course is highly recommended to all those doing and planning to make projects.

The knowledge and skills in this course can make someone to make and have a successful project.

Great thanks goes to An instructor and the coursera supporters for enabling me to attain these skills and knowledge.

99% are applicable for a successful project.