Back to Initiating and Planning Projects

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Initiating and Planning Projects by University of California, Irvine

The courses in the Introduction to Project Management Principles and Practices Specialization are a recommended precursor to UCI's Applied Project Management Certificate. Successful projects require careful upfront planning. In this course, you’ll learn the key roles and responsibilities of the project manager and project team. You’ll also learn to answer some key questions upfront to help you meet project objectives: What will this project accomplish? Why is this project important? Who benefits from this project? How will we plan for successful outcomes? Upon completing this course, you will be able to: 1. Identify the key characteristics of a project 2. Identify primary project constraints 3. Define the role and responsibilities of the project manager 4. Identify Project Organizational Structures 5. Understand the definition of a Project Stakeholder 6. Identify project stakeholders 7. Identify information needs of the project stakeholders 8. Define responsibility for managing stakeholder and controlling stakeholder engagement 9. Define the purpose of using a project charter 10. Summarize the key elements of a project plan 11. Identify common sources of conflict within a project environment 12. Describe the difference between authority and influence...
Highlights
foundational knowledge

(842 Reviews)

introductory course

(675 Reviews)

PD

Jan 28, 2020

Thank you to Coursera for such a great platform to improve our skills and literacy.The learning environment offered here is completely a learn at your own pace environment,making it flexible to learn.

MH

Jun 24, 2020

This course provides some practical situation which enriches my acknowledgment about being a responsible in any project and it also helps me to understand the planning process management proficiently!

326 - 350 of 3,903 Reviews for Initiating and Planning Projects

By RASHMI J V

THIS SPECIALIZATION AND THE COURSES OFFERED HERE FROM UCI, From University of California, Irvine division of Continuing Education ARE BEST AND WILL ADD CREDITS TO CAREER DEVELOPMENT

By Zahid H J

Feb 3, 2017

I have thoroughly enjoyed the learning from this course. Although I have been engaged in the Project Management profession since last 10 years even then have learnt many new things.

By Totego M

Mar 1, 2021

This course is very well organized and communicates Planning principles very well, i highly recommend this online affordable course to anyone who wants to pursue Project Management

By Sebastian T R

Feb 11, 2021

Really good course, I worked on an internship as a Project Manager and this course helped me understand different approaches and views on how to successfully do project management.

By F B

Very informative Introduction to Project Management course. Love the various ways the information is presented and the flexibility the course allows you to learn at your own pace.

By Sylvia H

Feb 25, 2018

I liked the course. It is a beginner course therefore for me it was a bit of a review or more formalizing of knowledge I had. But good for beginners to get into project management.

By Sarah T

Jul 30, 2019

Awesome course! Perfect for those who are just beginning to dip their feet into Project Management. Very clear, plenty of resources for one to understand the lectures and content.

By Lavanya T S

Jun 1, 2020

I loved the way the learning is organized. Video - Study material - Real time case examples. I think that reinforced the learning well. Looking forward to doing all the courses.

By Aman S

May 16, 2020

If anyone out here wants to lead a project or aspire to become a project manager, this course will help you to get there. Excellent teaching, good case studies and fine material.

By Jazdil P F

Apr 14, 2020

I have been working as PM for 2 years and this course helped me learn new and concrete ways to develop my skills within the field. Very complete information and useful exercises.

By ADEEL A

Jan 11, 2019

This is best course for those candidate who interested in PMP. This is basic course for planning every project. Also very helpful for managers, engineers, project managers etc.

By Abdelatif A

Apr 15, 2017

This course armed the amateur manager I was, with the solid foundation that the professional project manager I am becoming really needed in order to start thriving in his career.

By Kirin K

May 9, 2016

This is a great class for any manager or team leader, whether or not you officially want to get your PMP certification. You will learn a lot, and it's a very manageable workload!

By OFENTSE T

Jul 9, 2020

This course is really precise and on point using real projects for examples and interviewing panelists really makes it easy and inspiring for one to finish and enjoy the course.

By Jean F

May 1, 2018

Well-organized and presented course material. I started a similar course at a competing MOOC and quickly became frustrated. This program, though, was definitely worth my time.

By Nadiya D

Nov 5, 2016

Great course! Very easy to follow. It covers more then initiating and planning. You will learn about stakeholders, artifacts and touch upon all the areas in project management.

Oct 19, 2015

Great course, great methodology and great teacher, it's all I have to say. It's easy for you to learn and to visualize where to apply in real life the knowledges acquired here.

By Abhijeet S

Good content of course and explained in interesting ways through Video and Reading options. Enjoyed course and quizzes while learning some skills of Project management. Thanks

By Ewa A

May 5, 2020

This is a great course that describes in detail the first steps in project management. It mixes videos, reading and interactive content that helps you stay engaged and learn.

By Karen S

Jul 31, 2017

Great beginning to the topic of project management. Also a great indicator for me that this is a very good fit for my skills and career experience so far. Let's keep going!

By thiago l d s

Jan 24, 2022

Margaret demonstrated high level of knowledge of Project Management, experienced professional and teacher. The UCI course materials are very well prepared with good quality.

By Vladislav

Apr 9, 2021

Thank you for this course, it is quite informative and interesting, even for me, a person with experience.

Only it is not clear where to look at the number of academic hours?

By Gianluigi B

Sep 30, 2020

Ms. Meloni explains everything with exceptional clarity and is really capable of engaging the audience. The interactive lessons give precious insights on the various topics.

By Pradeep S

Aug 5, 2020

Nicely packaged course with videos and panel discussions, it felt like it was an interactive classroom training. It touch based on all importance aspect of project planning.

By Layeq R

Aug 4, 2020

I never satisfied by any course like I did by coursera. It's really amazing. After dealing with coursera, I do believe on my self, I'll never say no to any project dealing.