Back to Initiating and Planning Projects

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Initiating and Planning Projects by University of California, Irvine

The courses in the Introduction to Project Management Principles and Practices Specialization are a recommended precursor to UCI's Applied Project Management Certificate. Successful projects require careful upfront planning. In this course, you’ll learn the key roles and responsibilities of the project manager and project team. You’ll also learn to answer some key questions upfront to help you meet project objectives: What will this project accomplish? Why is this project important? Who benefits from this project? How will we plan for successful outcomes? Upon completing this course, you will be able to: 1. Identify the key characteristics of a project 2. Identify primary project constraints 3. Define the role and responsibilities of the project manager 4. Identify Project Organizational Structures 5. Understand the definition of a Project Stakeholder 6. Identify project stakeholders 7. Identify information needs of the project stakeholders 8. Define responsibility for managing stakeholder and controlling stakeholder engagement 9. Define the purpose of using a project charter 10. Summarize the key elements of a project plan 11. Identify common sources of conflict within a project environment 12. Describe the difference between authority and influence...
Highlights
foundational knowledge
(842 Reviews)
introductory course
(675 Reviews)

PD
Jan 28, 2020

Thank you to Coursera for such a great platform to improve our skills and literacy.The learning environment offered here is completely a learn at your own pace environment,making it flexible to learn.

PI
Nov 25, 2020

Por error en la encuesta presione very dissatisfied, pero en realidad estoy muy satisfecho y contento con el curso, aprendí bastante aunque me tomó un poco más de tiempo por cuestiones externas, 10/10

326 - 350 of 3,573 Reviews for Initiating and Planning Projects

By Vladislav

Apr 9, 2021

Thank you for this course, it is quite informative and interesting, even for me, a person with experience.

Only it is not clear where to look at the number of academic hours?

By Gianluigi B

Sep 30, 2020

Ms. Meloni explains everything with exceptional clarity and is really capable of engaging the audience. The interactive lessons give precious insights on the various topics.

By Pradeep S

Aug 5, 2020

Nicely packaged course with videos and panel discussions, it felt like it was an interactive classroom training. It touch based on all importance aspect of project planning.

By Layeq R

Aug 4, 2020

I never satisfied by any course like I did by coursera. It's really amazing. After dealing with coursera, I do believe on my self, I'll never say no to any project dealing.

By Ayako T

May 1, 2017

Although my first motive taking this course to study for PMP exam, but I also find it very useful and practical for what I do at work everyday. I am glad I took this course!

By An

Oct 18, 2020

The lectures and the lessons are very well structured! There are examples provided throughout the lectures which were very helpful to help with scoring high on the quizzes.

By Luis R G L

Dec 30, 2019

Considerando que se trata de un curso introductorio, me parece muy completo y con buena teoría. Lo apoyaría un poco más con casos prácticos para reforzar algunos conceptos.

By Stephen F

Apr 25, 2018

This has been made so easy to study with the video explanations and the reading material really helps as it is put in a manner that is easily understandable... Great Work!!

By Waheed A S

Jul 17, 2017

This is a great course handled by great minds anchored by universally recognised institution of respectable standards(University of Califonia Irvine Extension.I give kudos

By Junaid M

Nov 20, 2020

Very much informative and updated course, a great opportunity for project managers to gain knowledge. Coursera is doing a great job. Keep it up and best of luck. Thank you

By Sujata P

Jun 28, 2020

Very insightful for new project managers. The assignments can be more challenging, like, if we can get more assignments on case studies that will be helpful. Thank you! :)

By Sihle M

Jun 19, 2020

I loved it. I loved the panel discussion at the end. I loved the additional resources which does not have to include the textbooks. The Pacing per module was good as well.

By LIM Y J

Jun 13, 2020

Great explanation of initiating and planning project. This course taught me four knowledge areas out of total 10 in the PMBOK. Love it and worth to participant this course

By Sherna J A B

Dec 18, 2018

The technical terms were simplified and the course was rather engaging. I look forward to taking the other courses in this specialisation. Taking this course was worth it.

By Wong Z P

Jan 29, 2021

A great course which involved many different ways and methods of initiating and planning projects. Involves many useful foundational pieces of knowledge which is helpful!

By Christopher C E

Dec 27, 2020

The lessons presented are very informative as it supplements my existing knowledge. I can apply these to my current profession as IT Project Manager in my new workplace.

By esthermusyoki

Dec 6, 2020

Very simple and clearly elaborated . the lecturers are explaining clearly for one to gasp everything they lecture. a good course to learn about ways of solving conflicts

By Murline P

Dec 2, 2020

This was an excellent course to learn. The main key learning areas are learning to work with multicultural people and enforcing forward-thinking with a positive approach.

By Carla D

Jul 10, 2020

This course provided a very good introduction to project management. As someone with know prior theoretical knowledge in this field I was able to follow along quite well.

By Allan A

Feb 12, 2021

It was very interactive and easy to understand. All classes are very well explained, the exercises are great for fixing the content and the whole course is very didactic

By Nurbek A

Nov 1, 2020

Thanks for your the Prof. Meloni! It was a wonderful time to expand my knowledge about project initiation and planning. I am long for taking all the courses I signed in.

By Sebastian L R

Jul 19, 2020

Great course, it was a great way to learn about the project management, and it is a good way of approaching to another university and to share the knowledge with others.

By Pratyush A

Jul 18, 2020

Well structured and very well organized course. There could have been more case studies but overall it's a must do course for anyone who aspires to be a project manager.

By Percy N C

Feb 7, 2021

A good start for a beginner in Project Management. The lecturer was well suited for the course. I learnt so much stuff within a short period. Thank you Coursera and UCI

By Enuh B M

Oct 30, 2020

This course is really comprehensive. It laid down the project management foundation in a comprehensive way I had never seen before. Many thanks to the course organizers