Back to Initiating and Planning Projects

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Initiating and Planning Projects by University of California, Irvine

The courses in the Introduction to Project Management Principles and Practices Specialization are a recommended precursor to UCI's Applied Project Management Certificate. Successful projects require careful upfront planning. In this course, you’ll learn the key roles and responsibilities of the project manager and project team. You’ll also learn to answer some key questions upfront to help you meet project objectives: What will this project accomplish? Why is this project important? Who benefits from this project? How will we plan for successful outcomes? Upon completing this course, you will be able to: 1. Identify the key characteristics of a project 2. Identify primary project constraints 3. Define the role and responsibilities of the project manager 4. Identify Project Organizational Structures 5. Understand the definition of a Project Stakeholder 6. Identify project stakeholders 7. Identify information needs of the project stakeholders 8. Define responsibility for managing stakeholder and controlling stakeholder engagement 9. Define the purpose of using a project charter 10. Summarize the key elements of a project plan 11. Identify common sources of conflict within a project environment 12. Describe the difference between authority and influence...
Highlights
foundational knowledge
(842 Reviews)
introductory course
(675 Reviews)

DS

Nov 20, 2017

It was very helpful for me to understand what the project management is. I am just thinking about starting this new career path and i was feeling comfortable in this field during the learning process.

OU

Mar 27, 2018

This is absolutely worth everything that I invested into this course. And I do not mind studying it all over again! I recommend it for anyone who wants to learn project management. Thank you Margaret.

226 - 250 of 1,492 Reviews for Initiating and Planning Projects

By Abdullahi A A

Dec 23, 2016

this course is the best course for beginners like me it has given me a solid base about project and project management in general

By David A R

Oct 07, 2019

Great course, informative intro to project management theory and principles. I would recommend taking detailed notes throughout.

By Aarik M

Nov 09, 2017

I loved the instructor and the material shared within this course! I will be recommending this course to friends and colleagues.

By Faizan A

Jul 19, 2017

A really great introduction to Initiating and Planning Projects. The bonus videos and panelist discussion was icing on the cake.

By Lourdu H V R B

Sep 21, 2016

I thoroughly enjoyed doing this course. I have learned a lot about how a project has to be taken care of in the initial stages.

By Antonio G

Mar 02, 2016

As a first approach to formal PM education is very precise and has pretty useful information when you start managing a project.

By Balázs K

Oct 08, 2015

This is a relatively short, to-the-point summary of the main project management tasks and challenges.

I absolutely recommend it.

By HUCK A G J

Nov 17, 2018

Excellent cours pour débuter et apprendre les bases de la Gestion de projet. Indispensable pour comprendre les fondamentaux !!

By Orimolade O I

Aug 20, 2018

this course as been helpful .. Helping me to gain full knowledge in what management entails and how planning a project works

By Ander M d L

Feb 04, 2018

Although I have quite a bit of experience in project management, I have learnt quite a lost of useful tips doing this course.

By Pooja

Jan 04, 2018

Dear Ms Meloni

thanks for teaching course so well, thoroughly learned the key aspects of project planning.

thanks a lot

regards

By Narendra K

Aug 24, 2019

A very interesting and essential topic for new managers, gives a lot of guidance how to look at the things in planning phase

By Khary C

Jul 30, 2019

Excellent Course. I did not want to take a break from learning and did this course in less than the required/suggested time.

By Yiannis K

Jun 09, 2017

Very enjoyble course, you can learn the basics about the subject. Mrs. Meloni's presentations are informative and well done.

By Tham T C

Nov 01, 2016

Very useful and practical course. I learn a lot that is relevant to my work and i can apply immediately. Highly recommended.

By Sumaia A

Oct 03, 2018

Clear and comprehensive content. Looking forward to complete the rest of the courses and earn a specialization certificate.

By Mohamed M M I A

Jan 22, 2017

Thanks a lot for this amazing course, i learned more information to be project manger and hope to continue this way. Thanks

By Amoko D

Oct 31, 2016

this is an awesome course. not so lengthy yet filled with enough details. i love the quizzes, makes the course challenging.

By Patricia W

Aug 08, 2016

A lot of information in this course but a good structure to get the information into "makes sense now" after weekly review.

By Renee D

Mar 09, 2016

This instructor is one of the best! I have learned more in her online courses than any in-class instruction. Thanks much.

By Phillip Z

Jan 09, 2019

Overall I liked the course a lot. It was a nice mixture of course materials combined with real life stories. Thanks a lot!

By Chetzi M C

May 26, 2018

Learned so much. Once I find a position, I can really honed in on my learning and apply to projects I may have to manage.

By SAJU D

May 07, 2017

The course was short and simple to understand, I used this to affirm and strengthen my understanding of Project Management

By jean d j l

Sep 11, 2015

Very good courses, it is practical and clear. Everyone should have taking a such courses, because it is in every day life.

By Mohammad A

Jan 08, 2020

It was very supportive education part for one who wants project management carrier.

For the beginners it must be achieved.