Back to Initiating and Planning Projects

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Initiating and Planning Projects by University of California, Irvine

The courses in the Introduction to Project Management Principles and Practices Specialization are a recommended precursor to UCI's Applied Project Management Certificate. Successful projects require careful upfront planning. In this course, you’ll learn the key roles and responsibilities of the project manager and project team. You’ll also learn to answer some key questions upfront to help you meet project objectives: What will this project accomplish? Why is this project important? Who benefits from this project? How will we plan for successful outcomes? Upon completing this course, you will be able to: 1. Identify the key characteristics of a project 2. Identify primary project constraints 3. Define the role and responsibilities of the project manager 4. Identify Project Organizational Structures 5. Understand the definition of a Project Stakeholder 6. Identify project stakeholders 7. Identify information needs of the project stakeholders 8. Define responsibility for managing stakeholder and controlling stakeholder engagement 9. Define the purpose of using a project charter 10. Summarize the key elements of a project plan 11. Identify common sources of conflict within a project environment 12. Describe the difference between authority and influence...
Highlights
foundational knowledge
(842 Reviews)
introductory course
(675 Reviews)

PI
Nov 25, 2020

Por error en la encuesta presione very dissatisfied, pero en realidad estoy muy satisfecho y contento con el curso, aprendí bastante aunque me tomó un poco más de tiempo por cuestiones externas, 10/10

MH
Jun 24, 2020

This course provides some practical situation which enriches my acknowledgment about being a responsible in any project and it also helps me to understand the planning process management proficiently!

251 - 275 of 3,431 Reviews for Initiating and Planning Projects

By Kira G

Jan 17, 2020

This course is extremely helpful to me as I begin to take on the role of Project Manager. I plan on coming back to this course as I move through my assignment and using it to help me do my job.

By Paul C C

Aug 9, 2020

I find this course really helpful, I recommend this to those who are new to project management or would like to start a project. This course will teach and prepare you for your project success.

By ibrahim a

Apr 25, 2020

This course is really useful to know basics about what is going in a project, and i really liked the professor and the contents, it really helped me to have an overview about planning projects.

By Zuzana H

Oct 19, 2019

This was my first online course and I was afraid I would have a difficult time navigating the course but it could not have been easier and I was able to focus on my tasks, lectures and reading.

By Jose A G

May 8, 2016

It's a good start for those who want to learn about Project Management. In my case I want to refresh my knowledge and maybe use the Certificate Version to get the chace to take the test as PMP.

By evelyn a

Dec 11, 2020

I really enjoyed this course, the sessions were easy to understand the lectures took their time through it. i like the case studies which also helps you to get a better picture of the course.

By SWATI J

Nov 20, 2019

This is a very well written, interactive course that provides a great foundation for Project Management learning. I highly recommend, with excellent case studies and all-encompassing quizzes.

By Şevket Y

Dec 19, 2020

As a self-learner, I had enjoyed within the materials of this course and gained different experiences about project initiating and planning. Many thanks to who is behind this course and UCI.

By Deo O S C

Nov 7, 2020

Thank you so much for my new found knowledge about project management. I am very certain that i will be able to utilize this in my current job as project manager to retail display execution.

By MD. S K

Aug 30, 2020

Well, I enjoyed the course very much, it was really fantastic and the lecture was very simple to understand such a complex subject Project Management Initialization and Planning. Thank you.

By Jeny J C M

Aug 16, 2020

Es un un curso bastante enriquecedor, cuyas bases son de gran ayuda en la vida profesional muy agradecida por todo la formación y aprendizaje que pude obtener de el bastante enriquecedor!!!

By Amaefule C D

Jul 2, 2020

It was an awesome learning process for me, though it took longer, because of my environmental constraints, but the relief is hugely satisfying, because the first step was the most important.

By Angelica L

Jun 18, 2020

Absolutely loved this course! It was so easy to navigate on the website and the instructor had many modules and learning exercises that were very helpful. Will take the rest of the courses!!

By Akshay k C

May 15, 2020

It was my pleasure learning from University of California, Irvine.

And it was good platform for learning Intiating and Planning Projects,

And it's as simpler as learning through any platform..

By Claudia M

Jun 4, 2017

I'm very glad I took this course! It actually helped me organise the project I manage better and it gave the tools to have a better perspective on the approach. Surely a good recommendation!

By Dilshani K

Nov 9, 2020

Although I'm not active in the field of business, this course helped me to understand how to plan and implement a programme. I can apply this knowledge in non-business environments as well.

By CHAYANIT N

Jan 4, 2020

Excellent and very practical courses. The examples/questions from the real life gave a me a crutial understanding of the course, especially the penalist session at the end, was of much use.

By Waqas A

Nov 20, 2020

This course provided me a good opportunity to learn project planning and engagement with the stakeholders. The interview of the experts gave us some practical insight into what we learned.

By Rafael d S D

Jul 9, 2020

Excelente curso, a qualidade das video-aulas tal a profundidade dos conteúdos mesmo com aulas tão curtas é realmente impressionantes, os conceitos são passados de maneira bem satisfatória.

By Tim B

Mar 20, 2018

This course was not only organized really great with rich, various and quality content/slides, but also apply materials as well as useful links. They helped me to learn alot week by week.

By Larry G

Sep 14, 2020

The course structure is very helpful to learning. You don't feel rushed to learn the material. Also, the quizzes after each lesson really helps. I'm really enjoying taking the his course.

By KAMPHA K N

Jun 12, 2020

This course gives you the basic idea about iniation and planning of project. It has all the jargons and terminologies necessary to understand and present the project iniation and planning

By Cristina H

Feb 12, 2020

Very helpful for beginners in project management. Concepts are introduced gradually and with relevant examples. The videos also make the learning process and content much more friendlier.

By Saidat O

Dec 13, 2018

Very insightful. Liked the different types of learning resources and I've definitely come away with a better understanding of project management and what it takes to be a project manager.

By Anna D S

Jul 3, 2017

Nicely presented, very practical. Definitely recommend to those starting their project management careers as well as those who learned by do and need more technical insight on the matter.