Back to Initiating and Planning Projects

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Initiating and Planning Projects by University of California, Irvine

The courses in the Introduction to Project Management Principles and Practices Specialization are a recommended precursor to UCI's Applied Project Management Certificate. Successful projects require careful upfront planning. In this course, you’ll learn the key roles and responsibilities of the project manager and project team. You’ll also learn to answer some key questions upfront to help you meet project objectives: What will this project accomplish? Why is this project important? Who benefits from this project? How will we plan for successful outcomes? Upon completing this course, you will be able to: 1. Identify the key characteristics of a project 2. Identify primary project constraints 3. Define the role and responsibilities of the project manager 4. Identify Project Organizational Structures 5. Understand the definition of a Project Stakeholder 6. Identify project stakeholders 7. Identify information needs of the project stakeholders 8. Define responsibility for managing stakeholder and controlling stakeholder engagement 9. Define the purpose of using a project charter 10. Summarize the key elements of a project plan 11. Identify common sources of conflict within a project environment 12. Describe the difference between authority and influence...
Highlights
foundational knowledge
(842 Reviews)
introductory course
(675 Reviews)

P

Jan 29, 2020

Thank you to Coursera for such a great platform to improve our skills and literacy.The learning environment offered here is completely a learn at your own pace environment,making it flexible to learn.

MH

Jun 25, 2020

This course provides some practical situation which enriches my acknowledgment about being a responsible in any project and it also helps me to understand the planning process management proficiently!

251 - 275 of 2,312 Reviews for Initiating and Planning Projects

By Tegbar A T

Jan 07, 2017

I highly recommend this course. It gave me a stable foundation of knowledge that I believe I can confidently tackle the next module in this series of courses.

By Mercedes E C A

Dec 17, 2016

Excelente curso, muy bien estructurado y la profesora muy profesional y con excelente manejo del contenido. Lo disfrute bastante, muchas gracias por el curso.

By Roberto A

Dec 27, 2019

Foi vendido como um programa integrado, com certificado, mas ao final o que temos é um certificado para cada curso isoladamente, o que não é a mesma coisa.

By Mason L

Aug 27, 2019

A fantastic place to start learning about project management. Not only that, it gives you an interesting and mind-opening view on how to approach any task.

By Juan C

Feb 26, 2020

This was a great class and I highly recommend it. It helped me sharpen my abilities and direct it in a way to complete future projects in a timely manner.

By Mejje M T

Sep 16, 2019

It's a very good course for someone in the engineering field where he or she has to deal with handling projects that might involve different stakeholders.

By Adam V

Aug 29, 2019

Information is very well presented. Provides a sound introduction to the topic without weighing down the student by attempting to be overly comprehensive.

By Sheiva H

Feb 21, 2018

It was very nicely organized. Also, the professional panel in week 6 was very helpful especially for someone that has no experience in project management.

By Bianca C

Jun 04, 2017

Great introduction to the basics. I applied a lot of what was brought up here to the current project I'm leading. I wish I had started this class earlier!

By Jennifer K

Dec 11, 2016

I'm a full-time employee and new mom. The flexible format and ability to retake any quiz, was key to my ability to take and successfully pass this course.

By Aleksander B

Jul 27, 2016

This course have everything that basic course about project management should have, with strong basics of first steps - Initialing and Planning Projects.

By Pawan B B

Mar 06, 2018

It was really help full course for me to understand Project Management Concepts and scope of it. Study material and videos has helped me to clear my dou

By Mary M

Jul 09, 2017

very good introduction to a course that should be taught in elementary school...and not wait until college level for giving students this great material.

By Yusuf m

Jun 12, 2016

This is the best way to achieve my dreams , without this course it would be too hard to get an opportunity to be an project engineer. Thank you so much.

By Juan S H S

Dec 03, 2015

Me ha gustado el curso en su totalidad, la forma en la que exponen los temas y cómo cada cuestionario está realmente relacionado con lo que he aprendido.

By May A

Apr 26, 2020

Very beneficial course for beginners. Language is easy to understand and it's a fun course to take. It's also a great introduction for PM for beginners.

By Daniel K D

Aug 10, 2016

My favorite was the panelist discussions. Its leverage knowledge with practical experience from elites in the field with expertise in project management

By Ahmed A O

Jun 09, 2020

Thank you very much for this training, I have the tools now for project management. It was a great and rich experience.

Kind regards,

Ahmed Atef Oussii

By Barbara R

Oct 02, 2019

This is a great first course for anyone new to the field of project management or as a refresher for those getting ready to take the PMP certification.

By Robin M

Dec 24, 2016

Great course. Really enjoy the pace of the lessons and videos provided! Supplemental reading suggestions are added good reinforcement to the lessons.

By Edouard A N

Apr 13, 2019

Mrs. Margaret Meloni's explanations makes it simple and helps understand project management concepts. I recommend for newcomers in project management.

By Lea L

Apr 03, 2018

got a basic understanding about project management and I think it will help me in my future study. Can't help to continuing the next series of courses

By Alva R

Nov 12, 2017

It was a positive experience and it gave me a more worldly view of project management outside of construction and criminal justice and security work.

By Yuliya

Oct 17, 2017

This course gave me an overall ideai of how to start the project, what is important on each stage of the project and what can´t be missed. Thank you!