Back to Initiating and Planning Projects

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Initiating and Planning Projects by University of California, Irvine

The courses in the Introduction to Project Management Principles and Practices Specialization are a recommended precursor to UCI's Applied Project Management Certificate. Successful projects require careful upfront planning. In this course, you’ll learn the key roles and responsibilities of the project manager and project team. You’ll also learn to answer some key questions upfront to help you meet project objectives: What will this project accomplish? Why is this project important? Who benefits from this project? How will we plan for successful outcomes? Upon completing this course, you will be able to: 1. Identify the key characteristics of a project 2. Identify primary project constraints 3. Define the role and responsibilities of the project manager 4. Identify Project Organizational Structures 5. Understand the definition of a Project Stakeholder 6. Identify project stakeholders 7. Identify information needs of the project stakeholders 8. Define responsibility for managing stakeholder and controlling stakeholder engagement 9. Define the purpose of using a project charter 10. Summarize the key elements of a project plan 11. Identify common sources of conflict within a project environment 12. Describe the difference between authority and influence...
Highlights
foundational knowledge
(842 Reviews)
introductory course
(675 Reviews)

DS

Nov 20, 2017

It was very helpful for me to understand what the project management is. I am just thinking about starting this new career path and i was feeling comfortable in this field during the learning process.

OU

Mar 27, 2018

This is absolutely worth everything that I invested into this course. And I do not mind studying it all over again! I recommend it for anyone who wants to learn project management. Thank you Margaret.

201 - 225 of 1,440 Reviews for Initiating and Planning Projects

By Bradley H

Feb 13, 2016

A great introduction to Project Management. Clear and concise.

By Sadig Y

Oct 21, 2015

Thank you!

By Witold R

Aug 18, 2015

really good starter for fresh PM.

By Andrey T

Jan 28, 2017

Very nice and helpful course! Thanks for the knowledge.

By Alfredo V

Nov 21, 2017

Excelent

By Jean F

May 01, 2018

Well-organized and presented course material. I started a similar course at a competing MOOC and quickly became frustrated. This program, though, was definitely worth my time.

By Ruslan Y

Apr 09, 2016

Very useful as an introduction to the PM. Nice examples and extra material.

By Farah

Mar 29, 2016

a big WOW to Margaret Meloni's style of instructions!

I've tried taking a few online project management course but lost the interest half way, I am determined to complete this one,due to her simple approach of explaining the concepts related,very clear and precise.

My understanding about the project management gets better after listening to her lectures.

Keep up the good work!

By Josue D Z

May 08, 2016

Very complete! Excellent course!

By Dahouet-Boigny A A

May 19, 2018

Excellent ! I love it ! I can't wait to get to an MBA degree !

By Ariel S A

May 02, 2018

Great Course! Perfect for a beginner in PM. The course flows with a good rhythm and is clear in the lectures contents and quizzes

By Ole J M

Jul 27, 2016

A great and comprehensive view at the fundamentals of Initiating and Planning Projects, following (and introducing) the PMI's Project Management Body of Knowledge.

By Richard

Mar 27, 2016

Nice and very informative, good to start the learning of PMI

By Abhijeet U

Sep 19, 2016

good stuff

By GUNJAN B

Mar 28, 2016

amazing coursework, easy to learn. I hope this course will help me in my career.

By santiago p

Feb 06, 2016

Excelent course! Very complete and usefull

By Simona B

Dec 01, 2015

Provides a useful brief, easy to follow summary on initiating and planning projects.

By Marwan S

Nov 23, 2015

very insightful. making clear the principles that have been applied in several projects i have played a part in.

By Patricia C

Oct 15, 2015

I love it! I am excited that it is an encouragement for me to enroll in and complete the specialization.

By wangyuyan

Dec 13, 2016

I had finished the PMBOK 5th in the 2013,but I didn't know how to use the knowledge. This course helped me to understand the konwledge more clearly and told me many bonus Methods to use in the work.

By Kirin K

May 10, 2016

This is a great class for any manager or team leader, whether or not you officially want to get your PMP certification. You will learn a lot, and it's a very manageable workload!

By Carlos M C

May 11, 2016

Amazing! Very good examples and concise information.

By Chen Y

Nov 20, 2016

Good course

By Gustavo P R

Jan 21, 2017

Una forma de incursionar en la administración y gestión de proyectos

By alexandre C

Jun 22, 2016

Thanks to this cours, you will act more confidently in your business, you will use professionnal tools and knowledge. So you will bring security. This tool will change your life because you will do it your way but in a manner understood and shared.