Back to Initiating and Planning Projects

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Initiating and Planning Projects by University of California, Irvine

The courses in the Introduction to Project Management Principles and Practices Specialization are a recommended precursor to UCI's Applied Project Management Certificate. Successful projects require careful upfront planning. In this course, you’ll learn the key roles and responsibilities of the project manager and project team. You’ll also learn to answer some key questions upfront to help you meet project objectives: What will this project accomplish? Why is this project important? Who benefits from this project? How will we plan for successful outcomes? Upon completing this course, you will be able to: 1. Identify the key characteristics of a project 2. Identify primary project constraints 3. Define the role and responsibilities of the project manager 4. Identify Project Organizational Structures 5. Understand the definition of a Project Stakeholder 6. Identify project stakeholders 7. Identify information needs of the project stakeholders 8. Define responsibility for managing stakeholder and controlling stakeholder engagement 9. Define the purpose of using a project charter 10. Summarize the key elements of a project plan 11. Identify common sources of conflict within a project environment 12. Describe the difference between authority and influence...
Highlights
foundational knowledge
(842 Reviews)
introductory course
(675 Reviews)

DS

Nov 20, 2017

It was very helpful for me to understand what the project management is. I am just thinking about starting this new career path and i was feeling comfortable in this field during the learning process.

P

Jan 29, 2020

Thank you to Coursera for such a great platform to improve our skills and literacy.The learning environment offered here is completely a learn at your own pace environment,making it flexible to learn.

201 - 225 of 1,589 Reviews for Initiating and Planning Projects

By ashish d

Nov 10, 2019

An exceptionally well curated course. Flawless delivery by the instructors. This course helped me a lot in enhancing my knowledge. Thanks to all.

By Chu M Đ

Sep 13, 2019

thanks to fpt daigaku for paying me this course, trân trọng cảm ơn thầy phan trường lâm đã cho chúng em được tiếp cận với cách học rất mới mẻ này

By Whitney L O

Apr 28, 2016

Mrs. Meloni is well spoken and concise. I highly recommend this course to anyone who is looking to further their knowledge of project Management.

By Clarizza S F

Jun 05, 2019

I definitely loved this course! Very informative and learned a lot as well! They got straight to the key points and didn't beat around the bush.

By Tiffany A

Mar 23, 2017

Easy to follow and super straight forward. I loved that it was interactive and that there were both presentation videos and slides to follow up!

By Francisco

Oct 09, 2016

Extremely satisfied with the course. Great material, everything can be applied almost right away to a real life project. Definitely recommended.

By Nong T H

Sep 27, 2016

Very useful knowledge enhance my working task. The content is delivered well with suitable material. Great experiences for me to develop myself

By Suleman K

Feb 11, 2016

One of the best courses I have ever been part of. I would highly recommend this course to people. I have learned a lot of skills and knowledge.

By Areum J

Dec 14, 2018

After quizes, I would like to see correct answers regarding my wrong response. I hope it provides additional explanation with correct answers.

By Anna M M

Feb 24, 2018

Great course to get the basic of Initiating and Planning a Project, also really helpful to get familiar with the terms that they use on PMBOK.

By Sreedhara G N

Sep 18, 2017

This is the Wonderful course for the Begining of Project Management Professional Course. The Presentation and Objectives are clearly explained

By Tjitte J

Nov 05, 2016

If you don't know where to start when you want to learn project management: this is it! Very helpful course and the beginning of many for me.

By Nick K

Nov 08, 2016

I found the course really enjoyable, easy to understand and follow. I would recommend it to anyone as it's informative and well structured.

By Collins T

May 29, 2016

The material was self explanatory and easy to understand. References where provided and this helped me gain a wider knowledge of the course.

By Brendan P D

Jun 14, 2017

It was an exciting and educative course. Exposed my flaws to me but showed me better ways to initiate and plan my projects going forward.

By Chi Z

Mar 08, 2020

I wish there would be more content in depth. This is more like a introductory couse for anyone who hasnt been in project managing field.

By Andrew R

Mar 31, 2019

Perfect introduction to project management with the basic skills you will need to be successful at sponsoring and championing a project.

By Iryna I

Dec 18, 2018

Dear Mrs. Meloni, thank you for your course. It was very useful, I appreciated a lot all your bonus videos! It was very well structured.

By Amber P

Jan 08, 2017

Great intro to project management. Easy to understand, panelist interview was relevant and really brought everything together. Thanks!!

By Clare O

Mar 29, 2020

A very detailed course that allowed me to study with my ever busy schedule. Definitely recommend it for all upcoming project managers!

By Marta M

Sep 27, 2018

The course is good for a beginners and also for more advanced people. Everything is explained in simply way with lots of useful hints.

By Anurag

Oct 11, 2016

This is a very good course that supplies really good short video lectures and course material for those who are starting from scratch.

By bruce

Feb 11, 2018

An excellent introductory course! Easy to follow content yet very informative. The trick is to understand how the PMBOK is laid out.

By Konstantinos L

Oct 09, 2016

This course starts with everything needed to understand project initiation and planning,its well written and has a strong structure.

By Sultan S

Sep 21, 2016

A great course and solid foundation that will bring you up-to-date with all aspects involved with being a successful Project Manager.