Back to Initiating and Planning Projects

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Initiating and Planning Projects by University of California, Irvine

The courses in the Introduction to Project Management Principles and Practices Specialization are a recommended precursor to UCI's Applied Project Management Certificate. Successful projects require careful upfront planning. In this course, you’ll learn the key roles and responsibilities of the project manager and project team. You’ll also learn to answer some key questions upfront to help you meet project objectives: What will this project accomplish? Why is this project important? Who benefits from this project? How will we plan for successful outcomes? Upon completing this course, you will be able to: 1. Identify the key characteristics of a project 2. Identify primary project constraints 3. Define the role and responsibilities of the project manager 4. Identify Project Organizational Structures 5. Understand the definition of a Project Stakeholder 6. Identify project stakeholders 7. Identify information needs of the project stakeholders 8. Define responsibility for managing stakeholder and controlling stakeholder engagement 9. Define the purpose of using a project charter 10. Summarize the key elements of a project plan 11. Identify common sources of conflict within a project environment 12. Describe the difference between authority and influence...
Highlights
foundational knowledge
(842 Reviews)
introductory course
(675 Reviews)

SY
Aug 30, 2020

The course is a very great asset to any aspiring project manager. You get to understand the fundamentals and essentials in any given project and the means to ameliorate conflicts amongst stakeholders.

MH
Jun 24, 2020

This course provides some practical situation which enriches my acknowledgment about being a responsible in any project and it also helps me to understand the planning process management proficiently!

151 - 175 of 3,204 Reviews for Initiating and Planning Projects

By Timothy C

Jul 16, 2017

Great overview of the core initial basic principles of project management. Helpful in enabling decision making, to pursue project management in more depth; as well as providing useful concepts, techniques and methodologies to apply immediately.

By Pauline R

Oct 19, 2020

Very informative but still easy to understand. I found it very applicable to my experience in projects and it gave me a greater understanding of how projects operate, and gave me confidence in my ability in handling projects. Highly recommend!

By Ian G

Dec 18, 2016

Very good instruction and I really liked that I can start and stop everything on my schedule. Also it helps when you miss something and you can just restart or go back to it. I also liked the discussion at the end with the Project Managers.

By Samiul H C

May 23, 2020

The course was really initiative and it helped me in recolecting a lot of techniques and terms from my Business school. Hope there are more simillar courses that can improve your skills for carrer building and a lot more insights on reality.

By Michelle M

Aug 1, 2017

Great coverage of the early phases of a project. I'd like to see the content reference PMBOK for newbies, but this course does a nice job of developing awareness and understanding of the Initiating & Planning Phases of the Project ifecycle.

By Noor M M

I have really enjoyed this course and learnt a lot from worthy instructor and grasp adequate knowledge to initiate project as well as planning process. The Panelists videos are amazing to get knowledge from the experienced project managers.

By Jopaul P V

May 12, 2020

Its a great platform to study , to learn many new subjects , many new topics which is very useful for the Professional Career

I Thank all the team members who provides such a useful and Grateful platform for all Professionals and Students.

By LIYANA A I G F S

Feb 11, 2020

Excellent and thank you very much. really appreciate everyone for working hard and your time and attention.

Education is for everybody and your organization has gone an extra mile to help everyone with the knowledge to make this world grate.

By Miguel P

Aug 10, 2018

It is a very nice course to get an idea of Project Management and how to deal with the different situations that you could have to face on your day-to-day activities during the Project development. Very helpful and quite easy to understand.

By Dmitry E

Sep 2, 2015

Project management is usually associated with nervous activities and hard emotional states of participants but Margaret Meloni shows that it can be calm and smooth with excellent and clear explanations! It's amazing, she changed my mind!!!

By Amrit B

Jan 17, 2018

Great place to learn the application of the theoretical concepts that are given in PMBOK. The bonus lecture were great and the expert interviews also gave an insight into the project management practices followed by top level executives.

By Hilla P

Jan 14, 2017

I needed this course to more understand the work my organization deals with. now I have the knowledge i need to assist my manager in preparing and understanding the stakeholders, scope and human resources in planning our future projects.

By RODOLFO A M M

Aug 21, 2020

Excelentes contenidos en el curso, me sirvió de mucho aprender nuevos temas relacionados con la dirección de proyectos. lo recomiendo en un 100%, la idea también es complementar este curso con otros igualmente de dirección de proyectos.

By TOLULOPE A

Aug 4, 2020

It was a beautiful experience learning and I enjoyed learning because I was able to gain alot about initiating and planning project with team members and communication skills in the office environment. thank you so much for this lesson

By AKSHAY N

Apr 2, 2020

This course is a must try tour of insights in project management specially initiating and planning for all project managers, each lesson will deeply make you understand the importance of role and responsibilities of the project manager.

By Akbar F

Nov 28, 2019

Very inspiring. I recently know how to planning project in detail with step-by-step. Previously I did some project management just go with the flow, without solid and rough planning. But, after this, I will do based on the lesson learn.

By Kelly F

Aug 31, 2020

I feel much more knowledgeable about Project Management after taking this course. I've already used some of the lessons learned as I continue my job hunt. I plan to continue taking the courses in this series to earn the Specialization.

By Azubuike C P

Am glad to have taken up this course, it has widened my understanding and more knowledge of carrying out a project, processes to follow , how to solve conflicts. I appreciate for this wonderful opportunity May you be blessed Margaret.

By Luccas K

Sep 29, 2016

This introductory course was amazing. It exceeded all my expectations about it. The course is developed for a smooth growth of knowledge through the weeks. The videos and the interactive material helps the student to learn more easily.

By Jafed E G

Jul 6, 2019

By Guido F P

Jun 26, 2020

Un curso muy interesante donde se ven desde los conceptos más básicos del desarrollo de proyectos, a conceptos más avanzados. Un buen puntapié para aquellos que desean empezar a pensar estratégicamente cómo desarrollar sus proyectos.

By Mark A C

Dec 10, 2015

Fast moving course. Covered a lot of material quickly. I took this course as a refresher since I have managed a number of large projects in the past bit do not have a pmi certification. I learned some things! I glad I spent the time.

By Joy N

Mar 23, 2020

The course structure has been extremely flexible , allowing me to study at my convenience. It has also simplified the complexity of studying and understanding PM. This course has also greatly enhanced my career opportunities .

By Rana T H

Jul 11, 2020

I think everyone who is interested in project management should have to take this course. Here you can learn how to tackle problems related to stakeholders and much more about planning and executing the project assigned to you.

By Muhammad B H

This is a good course to learn project management with very detailed information and good explanation. I'd suggest to add more study case especially on risk management and "how to" create a good plan and execution of a project.