Back to Initiating and Planning Projects

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Initiating and Planning Projects by University of California, Irvine

The courses in the Introduction to Project Management Principles and Practices Specialization are a recommended precursor to UCI's Applied Project Management Certificate. Successful projects require careful upfront planning. In this course, you’ll learn the key roles and responsibilities of the project manager and project team. You’ll also learn to answer some key questions upfront to help you meet project objectives: What will this project accomplish? Why is this project important? Who benefits from this project? How will we plan for successful outcomes? Upon completing this course, you will be able to: 1. Identify the key characteristics of a project 2. Identify primary project constraints 3. Define the role and responsibilities of the project manager 4. Identify Project Organizational Structures 5. Understand the definition of a Project Stakeholder 6. Identify project stakeholders 7. Identify information needs of the project stakeholders 8. Define responsibility for managing stakeholder and controlling stakeholder engagement 9. Define the purpose of using a project charter 10. Summarize the key elements of a project plan 11. Identify common sources of conflict within a project environment 12. Describe the difference between authority and influence...
Highlights
foundational knowledge
(842 Reviews)
introductory course
(675 Reviews)

DS

Nov 20, 2017

It was very helpful for me to understand what the project management is. I am just thinking about starting this new career path and i was feeling comfortable in this field during the learning process.

P

Jan 29, 2020

Thank you to Coursera for such a great platform to improve our skills and literacy.The learning environment offered here is completely a learn at your own pace environment,making it flexible to learn.

151 - 175 of 1,589 Reviews for Initiating and Planning Projects

By Waheed A S

Jul 18, 2017

This is a great course handled by great minds anchored by universally recognised institution of respectable standards(University of Califonia Irvine Extension.I give kudos

By Sherna J A B

Dec 18, 2018

The technical terms were simplified and the course was rather engaging. I look forward to taking the other courses in this specialisation. Taking this course was worth it.

By Anuoluwapo B

Oct 12, 2019

This course really got me going in the right direction. Thanks to everyone who made this course available, and realistic for an imaginative & inquisitive heart as mine.

By Aashish G

May 29, 2019

Actually, I am new to project management. After attending this course it starts to give the shape of an overview of the project. I cannot wait to start the next session

By Ashraf

Jul 12, 2017

Really a good lesson ,Exercise & videos helped me to understand and learn quickly & clearly. Thanks for providing a great course. Really it ill be helpful for my career

By Christian B J

Aug 09, 2016

I thought the course provided a great overview of the PMBOK Guide and project management principles. Having a professor make sense of the PMBOK with you is invaluable.

By Cornellius N

Mar 26, 2016

This course was so enlightening in the area of how to manage projects. I feel so equipped and ready to implement what I have learnt so far. Thank you for this course.

By Kaoru R K

Jun 12, 2016

High fluidity lessons and a lot of content and advises, orientation, concepts compacted in a perfect way. High value knowledge for a manager or operational position.

By Philip c

Oct 09, 2015

Great course. It definitely was a little bit more challenging than the prior ones. The last video with the three Project Management professionals was really helpful!

By Ole J M

Jul 27, 2016

A great and comprehensive view at the fundamentals of Initiating and Planning Projects, following (and introducing) the PMI's Project Management Body of Knowledge.

By Wafaa m

Dec 29, 2019

it is hard to find words to express my gratitude , thank you a lot for being involved in this very useful course and it would be a pleasure to complete the series

By Daniel S

Nov 24, 2017

This class actually helped me with my current projects and helped me realize why other projects took so long to complete. Planning is more crucial than we think..

By Carlos C N

Oct 18, 2016

I've learned so much in this course. I strongly recommend for all that intend to work in this area. Thank you so much for everyone that made this course possible.

By Filip N

Oct 18, 2016

This course delivers primary knowledge that is essential for developing project careers. It also provide useful tips that might be implemented on everyday habits.

By Christina Z

Nov 08, 2019

Great course! Very clear instruction with excellent visual aids and real-life case studies that helped me apply the concepts of initiating and planning projects.

By Sagar P

Nov 13, 2018

This course had a great way of learning the bases of project management. The course focuses not only the terms and definations but also has good examples of each

By Natali H

Oct 17, 2018

It was easy to learn all the concepts the way Margaret explains them, then reading the slides and the books, doing the case study and re-enforcing with the quiz.

By Sofja R

Jan 15, 2018

This course gives comprehensive understanding of the concept of project planning, I do recommend to start with it if you are planning to complete specialization.

By Dương V B

Jun 11, 2016

The knowledge which leturer provided is very useful and practical. I really like the way this course is designed, so easy to watch and understand. Thank so much!

By Ovenseri A

Feb 02, 2017

A very well laid out and presented course. Enjoyed every moment of study and gained really valuable knowledge and insight into project initiation and planning.

By Ismael S J

Oct 11, 2016

Thank you very much for all coursera has done for learners! this course has been an amazing experience so far, I'm looking forward to fishing the others steps!

By Tegbar A T

Jan 07, 2017

I highly recommend this course. It gave me a stable foundation of knowledge that I believe I can confidently tackle the next module in this series of courses.

By Mercedes E C A

Dec 17, 2016

Excelente curso, muy bien estructurado y la profesora muy profesional y con excelente manejo del contenido. Lo disfrute bastante, muchas gracias por el curso.

By Roberto A

Dec 27, 2019

Foi vendido como um programa integrado, com certificado, mas ao final o que temos é um certificado para cada curso isoladamente, o que não é a mesma coisa.

By Mason L

Aug 27, 2019

A fantastic place to start learning about project management. Not only that, it gives you an interesting and mind-opening view on how to approach any task.