Back to Initiating and Planning Projects

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Initiating and Planning Projects by University of California, Irvine

The courses in the Introduction to Project Management Principles and Practices Specialization are a recommended precursor to UCI's Applied Project Management Certificate. Successful projects require careful upfront planning. In this course, you’ll learn the key roles and responsibilities of the project manager and project team. You’ll also learn to answer some key questions upfront to help you meet project objectives: What will this project accomplish? Why is this project important? Who benefits from this project? How will we plan for successful outcomes? Upon completing this course, you will be able to: 1. Identify the key characteristics of a project 2. Identify primary project constraints 3. Define the role and responsibilities of the project manager 4. Identify Project Organizational Structures 5. Understand the definition of a Project Stakeholder 6. Identify project stakeholders 7. Identify information needs of the project stakeholders 8. Define responsibility for managing stakeholder and controlling stakeholder engagement 9. Define the purpose of using a project charter 10. Summarize the key elements of a project plan 11. Identify common sources of conflict within a project environment 12. Describe the difference between authority and influence...
Highlights
foundational knowledge
(842 Reviews)
introductory course
(675 Reviews)

OU
Mar 26, 2018

This is absolutely worth everything that I invested into this course. And I do not mind studying it all over again! I recommend it for anyone who wants to learn project management. Thank you Margaret.

MH
Jun 24, 2020

This course provides some practical situation which enriches my acknowledgment about being a responsible in any project and it also helps me to understand the planning process management proficiently!

351 - 375 of 3,575 Reviews for Initiating and Planning Projects

By Enuh B M

Oct 30, 2020

This course is really comprehensive. It laid down the project management foundation in a comprehensive way I had never seen before. Many thanks to the course organizers

By Huda k

Sep 12, 2020

The Course was very helpful!

It was a quick overview to the main headlines, after going through it i discovered that i have so much more to learn in Project Management.

By Anuoluwapo B

Oct 12, 2019

This course really got me going in the right direction. Thanks to everyone who made this course available, and realistic for an imaginative & inquisitive heart as mine.

By Aashish G

May 29, 2019

Actually, I am new to project management. After attending this course it starts to give the shape of an overview of the project. I cannot wait to start the next session

By Ashraf

Jul 12, 2017

Really a good lesson ,Exercise & videos helped me to understand and learn quickly & clearly. Thanks for providing a great course. Really it ill be helpful for my career

By Nestor P

Nov 25, 2020

It was a good course. Understanding the process as a Project Manager and how to handle different things regarding to a project as a team member and also as a P Manager

By Clemence U

Jul 31, 2020

This lesson is more interesting to take it and it is an important lesson for the people who needs to run different projects as its content teach you all key concepts.

By Beatriz P

Jul 24, 2020

Very interesting and useful!!!

Thank you very much to the teacher, Margaret Meloni; the UCI and Coursera for creating it and allowing me to do it.

Thank you very much!!!

By Christian B J

Aug 9, 2016

I thought the course provided a great overview of the PMBOK Guide and project management principles. Having a professor make sense of the PMBOK with you is invaluable.

By Abdirahmaan M

Sep 20, 2020

My name is Abdirahman Ahmed Ali Maansoore iam Somalilander. I have completed the project management and I am so happy that facilitated coursera platform,thank you.

By Jen P

Jul 19, 2020

Easy to understand and very simple way of introducing project management concepts. Case studies are awesome as well. There could be more like 2 case studies per week.

By kevin's v

Jun 15, 2020

That course initiating and planning project is very helpful course for management study that's course is very use full . And teaching class is very good and helpfully

By Cornellius N

Mar 26, 2016

This course was so enlightening in the area of how to manage projects. I feel so equipped and ready to implement what I have learnt so far. Thank you for this course.

By Nestor G

Feb 12, 2021

Great introduction if you wish to learn more about project management. The information was concise and easy to understand. Course was so much fun and very engaging

By Aleksandra S

May 9, 2020

Amazing teacher, her videos made me hypnotized and double motivated. General Course Structure is also interesting and interactive. I sincerely recommend this course.

By Hasan J A

Apr 22, 2020

It was a great experience indeed to complete this course.This course was very helpful for me as I was always enthusiastic about managent and business related topics.

By Kaoru K

Jun 12, 2016

High fluidity lessons and a lot of content and advises, orientation, concepts compacted in a perfect way. High value knowledge for a manager or operational position.

By Philip c

Oct 9, 2015

Great course. It definitely was a little bit more challenging than the prior ones. The last video with the three Project Management professionals was really helpful!

By Omkar T

Jul 3, 2020

A really helpful and informative course. They started from the basics cleared every important detail with their quizzes, video lectures, and reading material. 10/10

By Highlights

Apr 18, 2020

Amazing course and well explained with examples each topic. Concepts are clear and well explained

The trainer also share some valuable point to crack the interview

By Abhi C

Sep 16, 2020

This course help us to understand various types of Organizational structure, what is stakeholder and how to deal with conflict.

These is very knowledgeable foe me.

By Ole J M

Jul 27, 2016

A great and comprehensive view at the fundamentals of Initiating and Planning Projects, following (and introducing) the PMI's Project Management Body of Knowledge.

By marianni l

Feb 1, 2021

I learned a lot and it broadened my horizons. I was able to add to my Linkedin Profile to give my Resume an extra kick. Very Interesting and easy to follow.

By Chad W

Jul 31, 2020

This class has shown me why I made the mistakes I made when taking on projects. I have had a lot of great projects, but these tactics would have made them great.

By Wafaa m

Dec 29, 2019

it is hard to find words to express my gratitude , thank you a lot for being involved in this very useful course and it would be a pleasure to complete the series