Back to Initiating and Planning Projects

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Initiating and Planning Projects by University of California, Irvine

The courses in the Introduction to Project Management Principles and Practices Specialization are a recommended precursor to UCI's Applied Project Management Certificate. Successful projects require careful upfront planning. In this course, you’ll learn the key roles and responsibilities of the project manager and project team. You’ll also learn to answer some key questions upfront to help you meet project objectives: What will this project accomplish? Why is this project important? Who benefits from this project? How will we plan for successful outcomes? Upon completing this course, you will be able to: 1. Identify the key characteristics of a project 2. Identify primary project constraints 3. Define the role and responsibilities of the project manager 4. Identify Project Organizational Structures 5. Understand the definition of a Project Stakeholder 6. Identify project stakeholders 7. Identify information needs of the project stakeholders 8. Define responsibility for managing stakeholder and controlling stakeholder engagement 9. Define the purpose of using a project charter 10. Summarize the key elements of a project plan 11. Identify common sources of conflict within a project environment 12. Describe the difference between authority and influence...
Highlights
foundational knowledge
(842 Reviews)
introductory course
(675 Reviews)

DS

Nov 20, 2017

It was very helpful for me to understand what the project management is. I am just thinking about starting this new career path and i was feeling comfortable in this field during the learning process.

OU

Mar 27, 2018

This is absolutely worth everything that I invested into this course. And I do not mind studying it all over again! I recommend it for anyone who wants to learn project management. Thank you Margaret.

26 - 50 of 1,412 Reviews for Initiating and Planning Projects

By Vishnu v K

Jan 27, 2019

Nicely framed course! It has a good level of introduction to Project Management for entry-level project managers.

By Ameya A B

Jan 28, 2019

Exclusive !

By Joanna M

Jan 05, 2019

great basic course for planning, clear explanations, videos and slides.

By Saulet Y

Jan 28, 2019

Very useful and productive course! Highly recommend to take it!

By Teresa B

Feb 01, 2019

This course prepares you for what to expect before jumping into a new direction. It's well laid out and easy to navigate.

By Sherry-Ann D

Feb 03, 2019

Extremely interactive, simple to understand and I enjoyed the different teaching styles with the readings, videos and little exercises within the material. Very engaging. The panel interviews added a nice practical touch to the course as it shows what we learn is not just theory but rather useful.

By Dias K

Feb 04, 2019

Very interesting PM course

By SARAH H

Jan 25, 2019

Great Course!

By Luke M D

Nov 08, 2018

very clear and simple presentation by the instuctor

By Bertrand J R O

Nov 27, 2018

Thank you dear techer, the course were well organized!

By Michael S

Nov 11, 2018

Nice warm up. I bet it gets trickier!

By Sergey Z

Nov 28, 2018

Very structured

By Rosemarie R

Nov 27, 2018

Grate course , wonderful lecturer

By Sagar P

Nov 13, 2018

This course had a great way of learning the bases of project management. The course focuses not only the terms and definations but also has good examples of each

By Aleksandar R

Nov 30, 2018

Great course for

By Fernando S

Nov 13, 2018

Very informative!

By Shawn G

Jan 16, 2019

Easy and to the point, great.

By Caroline B

Jan 18, 2019

Thanks to Marget Meloni , she has clear explanations and instances ! It was a delight to follow this course!

By Bryce F

Jan 20, 2019

Great introduction to Project Management

By Phillip Z

Jan 09, 2019

Overall I liked the course a lot. It was a nice mixture of course materials combined with real life stories. Thanks a lot!

By Lahiru D

Jan 21, 2019

Excellent Course

By Mariana A O

Jan 10, 2019

:D

By ADEEL A

Jan 11, 2019

This is best course for those candidate who interested in PMP. This is basic course for planning every project. Also very helpful for managers, engineers, project managers etc.

By Angela S

Jan 23, 2019

Instructor was phenomenal. Great distribution on topics ... made it comfortable to continue my learning and progress.

By Rachel M

Feb 09, 2019

I really enjoyed this class because it is truly SELF paced. Yes there are deadlines for submitting the quizzes but I feel those are just to keep me on track. I got to go as fast as I needed, still received feedback from the quizzes that I was learning what she set out to teach me. I enjoyed watching her videos. They were engaging, short enough to keep my attention and long enough to really present the material for me to understand. Plus I liked that there was optional reading that was really optional. I would recommend this class to others. I put in the amount of time she has listed on her time suggestions at the minimum so this was a great course that worked well in my personal and work life.