Back to Initiating and Planning Projects

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Initiating and Planning Projects by University of California, Irvine

The courses in the Introduction to Project Management Principles and Practices Specialization are a recommended precursor to UCI's Applied Project Management Certificate. Successful projects require careful upfront planning. In this course, you’ll learn the key roles and responsibilities of the project manager and project team. You’ll also learn to answer some key questions upfront to help you meet project objectives: What will this project accomplish? Why is this project important? Who benefits from this project? How will we plan for successful outcomes? Upon completing this course, you will be able to: 1. Identify the key characteristics of a project 2. Identify primary project constraints 3. Define the role and responsibilities of the project manager 4. Identify Project Organizational Structures 5. Understand the definition of a Project Stakeholder 6. Identify project stakeholders 7. Identify information needs of the project stakeholders 8. Define responsibility for managing stakeholder and controlling stakeholder engagement 9. Define the purpose of using a project charter 10. Summarize the key elements of a project plan 11. Identify common sources of conflict within a project environment 12. Describe the difference between authority and influence...
Highlights
introductory course
(675 Reviews)
foundational knowledge
(842 Reviews)

OU

Mar 27, 2018

This is absolutely worth everything that I invested into this course. And I do not mind studying it all over again! I recommend it for anyone who wants to learn project management. Thank you Margaret.

DS

Nov 20, 2017

It was very helpful for me to understand what the project management is. I am just thinking about starting this new career path and i was feeling comfortable in this field during the learning process.

51 - 75 of 1,414 Reviews for Initiating and Planning Projects

By Julia A

Mar 19, 2019

Easy to follow and enjoyable!

By Alison T

Mar 01, 2019

Great course. Lots of ver

By Mushahid S

Mar 21, 2019

Really great course. Learned a lot of things from this.

By andrew f

Mar 21, 2019

good walk through of several of the chapters of the PMBOK Guide

By Beverly R L

Mar 23, 2019

Very informative course for a beginner to increase his/her PM knowledge base.

By LIA R G C

Mar 25, 2019

EXCELENTE!!!

By Pradeep K

Very good course

By Dr. R C

Mar 28, 2019

very insightful. a good beginning to understanding how to do proper project management.

By Lisandra C

Dec 19, 2018

Very good course. I would recommend to anyone who wants to learn the fundamentals of project management.

By Thierry C

Dec 04, 2018

This course has helped me better understand the field of project management. I have now a very good grasp of the project cycle and have been introduced to the PMBOK. the instructor was friendly and has wonderful pedagogical approach. I strongly recommend this course.

By Veronica M

Dec 06, 2018

I really enjoyed this course, I've learned a lot and I will continue with the rest of the specialisation course!

By Meaad A A Z

Dec 25, 2018

It was excellent course, it improved my skills

By Faith N

Dec 10, 2018

Great initiation into PM

By Bhupinder S G

Mar 31, 2019

Nice Professor with proper skills to teach and with best knowledge

By Andrew R

Mar 31, 2019

Perfect introduction to project management with the basic skills you will need to be successful at sponsoring and championing a project.

By Farooq A

Apr 04, 2019

Amazing course and platform. For the first time I learnt about it, and the way the concepts were cleared was amazing. I wish if I could enroll some other subjects, or in the near future. Last but not the least HEC Pakistan played a great role for the students to use this productive and free platform.

By GAVIN D M

Apr 05, 2019

Great course, I learnt many things

By Kimberly M

Mar 28, 2019

great course....looking into the other 3 that co-inside with this one! :)

By Eliecer L

Feb 18, 2019

easy to follow, clear and concise. a few more case would be appreciated.

By Angela S

Jan 23, 2019

Instructor was phenomenal. Great distribution on topics ... made it comfortable to continue my learning and progress.

By IMOUKHUEDE I

Feb 18, 2019

Comprehensive and yet simplified lectures. I had fun while learning.

By George S

Feb 08, 2019

It's very helpful lesson even for a experienced project manager to re-frame what I learned before by experinece.

By Stella N

Feb 08, 2019

so amazing! i really enjoyed the lessons.

Thank you.

By Liu X

Feb 08, 2019

More real-life example would be better.

By Sharawe E A A