Back to Initiating and Planning Projects

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Initiating and Planning Projects by University of California, Irvine

The courses in the Introduction to Project Management Principles and Practices Specialization are a recommended precursor to UCI's Applied Project Management Certificate. Successful projects require careful upfront planning. In this course, you’ll learn the key roles and responsibilities of the project manager and project team. You’ll also learn to answer some key questions upfront to help you meet project objectives: What will this project accomplish? Why is this project important? Who benefits from this project? How will we plan for successful outcomes? Upon completing this course, you will be able to: 1. Identify the key characteristics of a project 2. Identify primary project constraints 3. Define the role and responsibilities of the project manager 4. Identify Project Organizational Structures 5. Understand the definition of a Project Stakeholder 6. Identify project stakeholders 7. Identify information needs of the project stakeholders 8. Define responsibility for managing stakeholder and controlling stakeholder engagement 9. Define the purpose of using a project charter 10. Summarize the key elements of a project plan 11. Identify common sources of conflict within a project environment 12. Describe the difference between authority and influence...
Highlights
introductory course
(675 Reviews)
foundational knowledge
(842 Reviews)

OU

Mar 27, 2018

This is absolutely worth everything that I invested into this course. And I do not mind studying it all over again! I recommend it for anyone who wants to learn project management. Thank you Margaret.

DS

Nov 20, 2017

It was very helpful for me to understand what the project management is. I am just thinking about starting this new career path and i was feeling comfortable in this field during the learning process.

126 - 150 of 1,414 Reviews for Initiating and Planning Projects

Jan 11, 2018

Excellent overview and introduction to the material. Found it very supportive of the reading and gave me a much greater understanding of the subject matter. It was also presented in easily digestible pieces.

By Shalvi G

Jun 08, 2018

Highly Informative

By Sundeep D B

Jun 26, 2018

Nice..

By Deepali K

Feb 25, 2018

Great content, specially the inclusion of chapter/lesson excerpts from PMBOK guide. The flash lesson modules also make it easy to grasp the content. Overall a great learning experience.

By Manuel H G

Mar 02, 2018

Great Course

By Laura A d R

Feb 11, 2018

Very good understanding about fundamentals on PM

By Khalid W A

s

e

By Deepak C C

Mar 23, 2018

I like the content. It is very precise and tailored in best way to suit cutting edge demand.

By Siddharth S

Aug 03, 2017

Thoroughly enjoyed the course

By Manny S

Jul 07, 2017

very educational and informative, great starter course.

By Debasis S

Sep 24, 2017

It was a very exhaustive and direct to conceptual learning.

By Noah D

Sep 06, 2017

great and easy to follow!

By AMIT P

Jul 25, 2017

coursera is best plateform to gain something advance and something new.

By Ly H H

Jul 20, 2017

Great course!

By Marcelo F

Sep 10, 2017

A great introduction to the world of the project management!!

By Abidfaiz

Apr 21, 2018

I really enjoy this course, I know about the basics which help me in field,learnt tool and techniques which will be further helpful in related courses.I strongly recommended this course belonging from any field

By Anshumaya R

May 10, 2018

A nice practical approach to the course made it good.

By subiaa a y a

Apr 01, 2018

very powerful courses to start with

By Buddhabrata C

May 08, 2018

I found a lot of the topics covered in this course helpful for Project Managers. Going forward I would like to see more case-studies involved. But to summarize, I would certainly recommend this course to professionals new to Project Management.

By Michele N

May 01, 2018

I enjoyed the course it was a good basic introduction to initiating and planning projects.

By Arif M

Mar 15, 2018

Great learning

By Asiedu/Ouédraogo N M

Sep 04, 2017

This course is so precious! Thanks you!

By Daniel S

Nov 24, 2017

This class actually helped me with my current projects and helped me realize why other projects took so long to complete. Planning is more crucial than we think..