Back to Pro Tools Basics

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Pro Tools Basics by Berklee College of Music

Producing music is an incredibly creative process, and knowing the tools of the trade is essential in order to transmit the musical ideas in your head into the DAW in a creative and uninhibited way. Whether you have used a computer to create music before, or you have been curious about production for years, this 4-week course will give you an introductory look into the world of Avid Pro Tools and Pro Tools First....

AF

Sep 12, 2016

Amazing course. I loved each lesson, the examples, the methodology, the teacher is Amazing!!! (Feel like we're friends now!) Very easy to follow exercises and achievable assignments.

DR

Mar 01, 2017

I absolutely enjoyed this course! I gained the confidence I was looking for through the positive instructor\n\nChrissy Tignor Fisher she really made it fun.

51 - 75 of 118 Reviews for Pro Tools Basics

By Vasil Z

Nov 10, 2017

great Course. Very recomended.

By Rhys O

Dec 28, 2016

Great Basic course to start you off

By Jesús M

Mar 11, 2016

I have big expectations with this course !!

By Daniel O

Aug 10, 2016

I came into this class with already quite a bit of self-taught experience with Pro Tools. I think this course provided an excellent foundation with the software. It covered the full arc of getting started, learning the fundamentals, and then concluding with a final project that incapsulated many different skills and functionalities in order to present a final production of a song. You have to put in the work but if you follow through on the instructions carefully, I think you'll be rewarded. Chrissy is a compelling and adept explainer of things and she also peppers in some good fun and humor along the way. It's clear that she's very knowledgeable and navigates through Pro Tools with ease (keyboard short cuts are vital).

My main goal here was to make my workflow much more organized, smooth, and structured while also becoming much more confident in my mixing abilities. Chrissy explains in very simple and clear terms how to accomplish these tasks which left me feeling satisfied. Good job!

By Paul M

Sep 07, 2017

This was a challenging course that really taught me what I needed to learn. I have wanted to know how music production is done in the all-digital domain with a DAW for years. Now I have my DAW, some software, and I am using it to make music! Thank you Chrissy!

By Alessandro F

Sep 12, 2016

By Yuriy G

Jun 12, 2017

very nice classes, many new things, new feelings new experience.

Thankll you very much

By Michelle A

Aug 23, 2016

Great course with a fantastic teacher who kept every lesson easy to understand and interesting. Thank you for this course, it was really useful!

By Isak A

Aug 08, 2017

Excelente

By Jaehwi C

Dec 23, 2017

Great course for learning Pro Tools

By SUMMER L

Nov 17, 2017

I love this Course , Chrissy is an amazing teacher!

By Karl D

Nov 28, 2017

Absolutely great course. This made me appreciate Pro Tools and become a user.

By Leo A

Aug 25, 2017

Amazing course, The teacher was amazing and made learning on Pro Tools easy and exciting.

My only gripe isn't with the teacher but the class requirement description. If you don't have Pro Tools, you will have to either buy it or have the 30 day free trial but you will also need an iLok that costs $50 so be prepared to POSSIBLY spend more than you expected if you think you want to audit or even take the class.

By Jan S

Mar 16, 2016

An absolute joy! Chrissy has a wonderful presentation style and an ability to explain in detail without patronising the student. The best Pro Tools course I have undertaken, and the first Coursera course I have felt comfortable actually submitting work to.

I would be eager to follow any other Pro Tools courses presented by Chrissy.

By Rojib S

Feb 11, 2018

It was really awesome course :), really helpful

By Branislav S

Jun 14, 2016

Very nice basic course. Pretty understandable.

By Helen B

Mar 16, 2016

Berkelee's Pro Tools Basics is one of the best courses I've taken here. Chrissy Tignor-Fisher is a wonderful teacher. She is very knowledgable and explains everything clearly, with an encouraging and inspiring attitude. The lecture videos are top-notch, with excellent presentation quality and tons of relevant information. Course assignments provide plenty of creative learning opportunities. Last but definitely not least, the peers in this course are so supportive, kind, and talented. It's been a joy to be a part of this course. Highly recommended to everyone! *****

By Luis M

Mar 02, 2016

This class has been the best Pro Tools course I have studied .Chrissy Tignor-Fisher has put together an incredible progressive lesson plan . The video lessons are top notch . The quality of audio and visual are crystal clear . The information is presented and demonstrated with such clarity it keeps you wanting to learn more . Chrissy I,m at week 4 of your 5 week Basic Pro Tools course . I took the class so I can really start tapping into the power of Pro Tools and get my studying habits back up to par . Yes there are assignments and deadlines through out this course . Thanks to the Coursera and Berklee Team for providing this platform of education . I look forward to participating in more courses provided by Coursera.

By Jonathan P G C

Mar 21, 2016

El curso es sumamente bueno y practico, lo recomiendo por completo!!

By Leopoldo C V

Nov 22, 2016

excellent!!!

By Daniel W

Mar 12, 2018

Nice.

By CARLOS W A

Jun 12, 2018

This course gave me the basic knowledge necessary to face a musical production with the use of Protools. The instructor dictated the classes in a very jovial way, effectively transmitting her extensive experience in this DAW.

By Nathalie D M

Jul 22, 2016

Great course with all the basics covered and clearly explained with good examples.

By Heather L

Sep 04, 2017

This is a very useful course and Chrissy is a fantastic instructor. Would love to take another course with her - she makes everything easy to understand.

By Tomislav

Jun 21, 2018

Great introductory course to pro tools.