Back to Pro Tools Basics

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Pro Tools Basics by Berklee College of Music

Producing music is an incredibly creative process, and knowing the tools of the trade is essential in order to transmit the musical ideas in your head into the DAW in a creative and uninhibited way. Whether you have used a computer to create music before, or you have been curious about production for years, this 4-week course will give you an introductory look into the world of Avid Pro Tools and Pro Tools First....

AF

Sep 12, 2016

Amazing course. I loved each lesson, the examples, the methodology, the teacher is Amazing!!! (Feel like we're friends now!) Very easy to follow exercises and achievable assignments.

IA

Dec 10, 2019

I'm glad I finally found coursera instead of spending many hours watching a video on YouTube. Useful and structured information in a readable form. Just great!

101 - 125 of 140 Reviews for Pro Tools Basics

Sep 13, 2016

简单易懂

By Benjamin H

Dec 03, 2017

This course did a good job of realizing the theoretical concepts introduced in Technology of Music Production, walking through how to do the different things discussed earlier. I found a lot of success taking this and the previous course concurrently, working through the theory in the Tech course and realizing it in Pro Tools Basic.

My biggest critique was with the use of the external system to submit and give feedback on assignments. I found it clunky and much slower than the system native to Coursera and would recommend that instead.

By Jay M

Jul 11, 2017

Good class. In fact, I think this class should have been done before the Technology class as it covered a few things that were included in the Technology class in a much simpler fashion. I don't use ProTools, so I suffered through this class with ProTools First, which created a lot of limitations on what I could do (i.e. no sampler), but I did learn a lot more from this class than I expected that could be applied outside of ProTools.

By Nicky L P

Oct 03, 2016

Great introduction to Pro Tools even for the seasoned amatuer who's been playing around with DAWs. I now have basic skills with Pro Tools, plus my editing and mixing skills have improved. This course won't make you a pro but it's a great introduction and well worth your time if you're a newbie or have stalled in your amatuer persuits. **thumbs up**

By Jose A L J

Mar 22, 2017

Great introduction course. Unfortunately the Protools free version is very weak and limited. After I finished the course there was no motivation to go ahead with so many limitations in the SW. I can't even create more than 3 songs :-( Besides that, the ProTools price is too high to buy it for personal use.

By Bruno A

Jul 15, 2017

I found very limiting when the course proposes for us to have to use synth and samplers.

Some people produces different sound and need to get adopt really quickly to do something reasonable.

I believe that configuration and path could be inserted in a PDF as instruction .

By david b

Jul 15, 2016

Great Course. I wish there was more lessons as to how to record acoustic instruments (guitar, piano,drums). I did not know anything about Pro Tools before course, and now I am able to setup a simple recording session. thanks

By Clare M

Feb 11, 2018

Really good solid points to take away and work on. Definitely worth the time and effort. I now have key things to work on that seems achievable moving forward.

By Eric L

Nov 04, 2019

Excellent! I learned a ton of really useful and important info about using ProTools and DAW’s in general. The live recording demos were great!

By Colleen T

May 22, 2017

Really fun course. Especially nice to take right after the Technology of Music Production, which was very theoretical.