Back to Pro Tools Basics

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Pro Tools Basics by Berklee College of Music

Producing music is an incredibly creative process, and knowing the tools of the trade is essential in order to transmit the musical ideas in your head into the DAW in a creative and uninhibited way. Whether you have used a computer to create music before, or you have been curious about production for years, this 4-week course will give you an introductory look into the world of Avid Pro Tools and Pro Tools First....

AP
Jul 26, 2020

This is Ashish From Indian(Gujarat).I am new student for this course.I really enjoyed a session. specially Chrissy Tignor maam teaching fantastic.I really enjoyed a lot to her session.\n\nthank you.

M
Jul 9, 2020

Amazing instructor and lot of knowledge to be gained. One of the best course to learn about any DAW. Specially the mixing and mastering course material was helpful to make the track sound amazing.

176 - 186 of 186 Reviews for Pro Tools Basics

By Eric B

Oct 30, 2016

Standart indutrie DAW, but not my favorite. Good performance from the teach! I had many issue with pro Tools first, be sure to get a full vertion and an iLok key from avid before enrolling, will save much stress and trouble.

By Michał R

Only 3 stars, I'm a bit disappointed. I was hoping to learn more on mastering and here I heard only that "mastering is basically to make the track louder". Well that's far from "enough" in this matter.

By Pablo S L B

Jul 7, 2017

Interesting if you already have experience with any other DAW and want to switch.

By Sanil L

Feb 14, 2018

Awesome

By Corey B

Jul 3, 2020

I'm rating this course a 2 star not because of the teacher, which seems very knowledgable and teaches at a great pace, but rather because of Pro Tools. It took way too much time just to get it installed (I'm on a Mac, and the Free version isn't compatible). The license manager wouldn't sync using Safari, so I had to use Firefox. Then once I got it installed, Pro Tools doesn't come with Xpat. I've spent several hours trying to find the download then where to place the file so Pro Tools sees it. Beyond frustrating. If you know Pro Tools already, I'm sure you'll learn a ton, but for me, the configuration issues were a bit too much.

By Timothy C

Jun 22, 2016

Although it is a very informative class and Chrissy is a good teacher, I am finding this class to be EXTREMELY troublesome unless one possesses the means to purchase a great deal of equipment and product to work within Pro Tools. It should be noted that Pro Tools First (the "FREE" version I downloaded) is a DETRIMENT to learning in this course and will effect your grade negatively. I am also dismayed by the lack of community participation in the forums. On other Berklee / Coursera classes, this hasn't been nearly as much of a problem.

By Guilherme P R

Oct 5, 2016

For a course with the name "Pro Tool Basics", I was expecting some specific knowledge about this particular software but what the course really teaches is basic music production things (samples, synthesizers, how to create tracks, how to record audio, compressors, EQs, etc).

As I am already a music producer using Logic Pro, I was hoping to learn more about the software itself and its differences in comparison with other DAWs in the market, so I was a little bit disappointed in the end!

By Joey

Feb 1, 2021

I'm really frustrated because, although this course is good, the instructor keeps mentioning course reading materials and audio files provided with the course, but I cannot find them. Worse is that there's no way to find someone to ask about these! I would give five stars otherwise.

By Matt R

The Pro Tools First application did not work on my PC. I tried finding workarounds but it just didn't work. I could never hear any sound. I had to stop participating in the course, as a result.

By Michael F

Aug 30, 2020

Good course, but I do not appreciate forcing students to learn about Pro Tools just to earn a specialization in Music Production.

By Jukka W

Jul 17, 2018

Complete waste of time. Even for a "basics" class, I felt that this course was too simplistic. I also never got my final assignment assessed, despite re-enrolling in the course a few times. This prevented me from completing this course and then being able to enroll in the capstone course for the Music Production certificate, which I would have liked to have gotten.