Back to Introduction to Public Speaking

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Introduction to Public Speaking by University of Washington

This course gives you a reliable model for preparing and delivering effective presentations. In business, in school, and in public life, we are often called upon to “make a few comments.” Often, people tasked with such speeches become flummoxed. They might not know what to talk about, or ramble without making a point, or simply be confusing to listen to. This course is designed to help you shine where others falter. We’ll learn how organize talks clearly, write them memorably, and deliver them confidently. By the end of the course, you should be able to significantly reduce your fear of public speaking, use rehearsal techniques to develop a strong, vibrant speaking voice, and perform speeches with dynamic movement and gestures. The speech model that we’ll practice is useful for briefings, elevator talks, interviews, and even as a structure for hour-long presentations. If you’re a beginner, this course will help you quickly master the fundamentals of speaking. If you’re a seasoned speaker, this course will help you better understand public speaking and push you to the next level....

E
Feb 27, 2017

This course is great. You simply learn a lot in an easy way. The teacher is really good and knows how to teach and engage you in the lessons. I am looking forward to next courses in the specialization

AJ
Jun 5, 2020

Excellent course for who are starting to speak in public or who are already a public speaker, no matter you join this course to get more tools & ideas to make your speech interesting to the audience.

251 - 275 of 533 Reviews for Introduction to Public Speaking

By Omid M

Mar 14, 2021

It was an absolutely great experience joining this course! Loved every second of it.

By Mr. N D

Dec 26, 2019

I learned a lot from this course , and will definitely use it in my teaching skills.

By Itzia C V R

Oct 21, 2020

I think the content was really good to start with the public speaking as a beginner

By Ankita C

May 14, 2019

It was a great experience and I learnt a lot. Thank You for this great opportunity

By CHRISTOPHER J I G

Dec 16, 2020

The courser really help me to understand about how we speak infront of the other.

By Irlanda O

Nov 29, 2020

Los videos son bastante amenos y ejemplifican perfectamente la teoría que nos dan

By INNOCENT M

Nov 25, 2020

I HAVE LEARNT ALOT ESPECIALLY PITCHING MY VOICE AND ARRANGING THE SPEECH ELEMENTS

By Ankit S

Aug 1, 2020

I have learned Good Public SpeakiNg skills

By PRANAY P

Jan 2, 2017

Very Informative and I learnt a lot . I look forward to persue the specialization

By Diah R A

Aug 12, 2020

This is great, this course makes me more familiar with public speaking

By Francinie C

Aug 10, 2020

Great course, gave very good elements to take in consideration for the future

By Sopnil A J

Jul 30, 2020

The course helps me a lot to learn deeply about public speaking fundamentals.

By Thilagavathy J

Jun 28, 2020

I started to overcome my stage fear while I'm presenting my speech.

By G G D

Nov 28, 2020

I am really looking forward from the instructor. Thank you for your support

By Ismail H I A

Jun 5, 2020

A wonderful course that I really enjoyed and gained lots of skills from it.

By Arsenio F

Jul 18, 2020

Great course and well structured maybe add number of speeches assignments.

By Yuqi L

Jun 30, 2020

it's beneficial to a mid-career person, looking for soft skill improvement

By Nabil O

Mar 30, 2017

An excellent course and an excellent teacher! I recommend you this course!

By Abril F M

Nov 16, 2020

Es muy bueno, es simple y conciso así que ayuda bastante a la comprensión

By Samuelina T

Aug 10, 2020

This course is easy to follow and has very engaging assignments. Loved it

By MIGUEL A G R

Dec 28, 2020

Muy bueno y recomedable, hare lo posible por obtener la especialización.

By Santosh c W

Oct 6, 2020

Very nice course, I have got lot of information regarding how to present

By Nerrene V (

Sep 21, 2020

I learned alot from this course and the lecturer is an excellent teacher

By Susan T S C

May 8, 2020

It is interesting. Allows the participant to experience public speaking.

By Анна

Apr 9, 2019

It is an extremely valuable course with a professional and nice teacher!