Back to Python Data Analysis

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Python Data Analysis by Rice University

This course will continue the introduction to Python programming that started with Python Programming Essentials and Python Data Representations. We'll learn about reading, storing, and processing tabular data, which are common tasks. We will also teach you about CSV files and Python's support for reading and writing them. CSV files are a generic, plain text file format that allows you to exchange tabular data between different programs. These concepts and skills will help you to further extend your Python programming knowledge and allow you to process more complex data. By the end of the course, you will be comfortable working with tabular data in Python. This will extend your Python programming expertise, enabling you to write a wider range of scripts using Python. This course uses Python 3. While most Python programs continue to use Python 2, Python 3 is the future of the Python programming language. This course uses basic desktop Python development environments, allowing you to run Python programs directly on your computer....

AS

May 16, 2020

One of the best course in this specialization. It was really interesting work with some real world data which could really enhance the problem solving skills.

SA

Aug 07, 2020

One of the best courses on data analysis in python. It was a deep dive into the basics. More than the course videos, i enjoyed the assignments more.

76 - 100 of 103 Reviews for Python Data Analysis

By Akshay K J

Aug 06, 2018

For foundation part to data analysis and concerning about it help me in the basic understanding.

Though with the pandas library make it simple that is some sort of drawback I find.

But it make my concept clear.

Thanks for the python Data Analysis course by Rice university.

By Rashmi H

Apr 17, 2020

Hi Team,

Thanks for giving me opportunity to learn this course.

The hard part here was to understand the week 3 and week 4 assignments, But i am feeling great for achieving in getting the expected results.

Thanks,

Rashmi Huddar

By Sinem A

Mar 30, 2020

It is not hard to follow the week's subjects, videos are very explanatory. But final project was very complex for me as a very beginner. There should be more exercises in previous weeks to do final project better.

By Ozgun K S

Jul 31, 2020

It is definitely helpful to dive into data analysis with python. You shouldn't expect much from instructions but the assignments given during the courses teach you to learn very much due to difficulty level.

By Amit C

Sep 12, 2020

This course requires a lot of practice to be able to solve the project. Overall, i feel the practice was a bit less and the final project required a steep learning curve

By Md. T R

Excellent Lecture + good support from mentors (Patrick, the only one?). However, the final project's description is quite obscure, I have to rely heavily on owl-test.

By Joy D D

This course is good and the instructors way of teaching is quite attractive and interactive. I have learnt a lot during this course.

By Peter

May 11, 2019

A tough course (not for the fainted of heart). I love baseball and the application of the baseball data is useful for me !

By KOK K T

Jun 02, 2020

Overall, this is a great course, However, used baseball as the theme of the final project is really not a good idea!

By Jacob G

Jan 15, 2019

Instructions on the final were not as clear as the rest of the course, but the information given is worthwhile

By Kazi R I S

Aug 08, 2020

Thank you for such a great course. However, the project descriptions were too long and hard to understand.

By Andrew C

Mar 14, 2020

Project assignment was somewhat hard to follow and test as the real input was not clear.

By Dev N P

Sep 04, 2019

This course is great one to provide you the fundamental concepts of python scripting.

By Ankit J

Jun 24, 2019

this is quite difficult and very hard than the last one

By Yalew M F

Apr 27, 2020

Thank you for the unlimited effort that you provided.

By Andrew M

Feb 02, 2018

I feel like this course needs a lot of polish. The practice assignments in particular are riddled with horrible grammatical errors that make it hard to figure out what is being asked of you, especially when the author seems to be trying to be overly concise in their explanations. There's also too much reliance of documentation research. It felt like every assignment just told me to read page after page of documentation and figure out what parts were relevant on my own. Documentation research is obviously an important skill, but telling a student to learn an entirely new skill like color mapping based purely on documentation, and not telling them what parts of the documentation to focus on verges on cruel. I've never felt as frustrated with an assignment as I did with several in this course. The way the assignments were designed also made them very hard to test. The disconnect between the practice assignments and the graded assignments also caused a lot of issues with regards to flow. It feels like two courses were smashed together, one of which was fairly well built, the other of which was very much not.

My comments mostly pertain to the practice assignments. I thought the graded assignments were pretty good.

By Nico

Mar 03, 2020

I brought prior basic knowledge of python which I think helped a lot completing this course. It is definitely challenging, but one learns a lot if you are willing to do your own research. The whole specialization works with videos, personally I prefer getting a bit of text, too. But this is personal preference. Only the final project - I don't know what they were thinking. It is overly complicated and the descriptions could have been a lot clearer. I'm not sure the course adequately prepares for this. Do your research on the discussion forums, otherwise you might have a hard time. Because of how the project is conceptualized, I feel like I can't really add it to my portfolio, which is really a pity.

By Youssef F

May 04, 2020

The course is really fruitful. It covers everything I needed. What didn't work well for me was the last assignment.

A project with baseball theme isn't really a good idea, at least for me !

But i really enjoyed the course ! Thank you for this opportunity and for your efforts.

By Arun N

Aug 08, 2020

The lessons are good , but , the assignments /assignment descriptions are vague . I spent much more time understanding the question than answering the question

By Mads J K H

Mar 28, 2018

Could use a bit more explanation on some parts since visualization of e.g. dictionaries can be a bit tedious.

Otherwise good.

By Oleh M

Jun 22, 2019

A very sharp combination of the basics on lectures and algorithms in practice.

By madhubalini

Sep 22, 2020

its rushing,concepts are not fully explained to a beginner

By Weerachai Y

Jun 28, 2020

thanks

By Julian W

Nov 21, 2019

Big disappointment after 2 previous courses. The lectures are not really giving you a lot of new material to learn but difficulty of projects you are expected to finish goes up a lot. It left me confused and frustrated. And I think I am not the only one (check on-line forum). Big plus for forum mentor who is helping a lot (he is even posting extra exercise there). And he is making a difference. Still at the moment I decided not to continue with the last course in this specialisation. Too much frustration in this one.

By Eduardo P

May 25, 2018

Final project is way more difficult than what they explain in the course.

Final project is not only difficult and long but also due to the amount of extra files and lack of explanation on how to start is very frustrating.

Some concepts like "list comprenhentions" are used by instructors in the course, but not explained and instructor just adviced to go to Python.org and learn it there.