Back to Python Basics

Python Basics, University of Michigan

About this Course

This course introduces the basics of Python 3, including conditional execution and iteration as control structures, and strings and lists as data structures. You'll program an on-screen Turtle to draw pretty pictures. You'll also learn to draw reference diagrams as a way to reason about program executions, which will help to build up your debugging skills. The course has no prerequisites. It will cover Chapters 1-9 of the textbook "Fundamentals of Python Programming," which is the accompanying text (optional and free) for this course. This course is the first of five courses in the Python 3 Programming Specialization....

By MN

Jan 03, 2019

I have tried a few different Python courses and this is the one you want to do. Why? Because the textbook used SPACED REPETITION - scientifically proven as the best way to really learn anything.

By PL

Jan 17, 2019

Great Course. The material was excellent and i only needed to take a small amount of notes. It was well explained that the information stuck in my head (at least for the time being)

27 Reviews

By Niroop Hegde

Jan 20, 2019

Course is good but lots issues with browser cache. when grading it says answer is wrong even through answers is correct and when I restart the browser it says answer is correct. Most of the time I had to restart the browser. Please fix it. Also where is the phone number for the coursera technical support ? Thanks

By Akshay Malviya

Jan 19, 2019

It was a great to do this cousre. I had learned a lot.

By Vishal Anand

Jan 19, 2019

Quite a good course.

By Paul Lopez

By yoshio kinoshita

Jan 17, 2019

I was able to learn python very clearly.

I was able to laugh at the joke. Thank you for a wonderful time.

By Ignacio Aaron Garza Hernandez

Great starting point for python3

By Robert Rosen

Jan 15, 2019

I thought the notebook presentation was easy to follow and clear.

I preferred working my way through the notebook but the complications of UN-updated completed assignments made tracking my progress too confusing. I think that i should be able to go straight through the notebook and have progress updated correctly, immediately.

Given that i found the lectures too time consuming and, therefore, wanted to work through the notebook, I'd like to know if there are straightforward instructions as to how to do that and have everything updated with a clear guide as to which assignments are due.

Thanks, i enjoyed it and am continuing on.

By Shamik Majumder

Perfect!!!

By hakem

Jan 15, 2019

I really liked the exercises. especially when we do a mistake it explain why it is false. and one can follow the programming exercises step by step to understand how it works

By Saurav kumar lal

Jan 14, 2019

Thanks for all mentors for helping me in learning and also make such tools which were very helpful to solve assignment .

Thanks again.