Back to Python Basics

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Python Basics by University of Michigan

This course introduces the basics of Python 3, including conditional execution and iteration as control structures, and strings and lists as data structures. You'll program an on-screen Turtle to draw pretty pictures. You'll also learn to draw reference diagrams as a way to reason about program executions, which will help to build up your debugging skills. The course has no prerequisites. It will cover Chapters 1-9 of the textbook "Fundamentals of Python Programming," which is the accompanying text (optional and free) for this course. The course is for you if you're a newcomer to Python programming, if you need a refresher on Python basics, or if you may have had some exposure to Python programming but want a more in-depth exposition and vocabulary for describing and reasoning about programs. This is the first of five courses in the Python 3 Programming Specialization....

NR

Oct 18, 2019

It's a must join course for the people who want to deep dive into the world of Python. I really loving this course very much. I wanna explore more hence opting for other parts of this specialization.

JB

Aug 11, 2020

This course offers excellent external tools for learning, like the Interactive Textbook and that makes it much more fun and relax to learn. Also Mr Resnick adds his charisma which you cannot forget.

151 - 175 of 2,223 Reviews for Python Basics

By Abhinay G

This course in Python is a must for everyone who wants to start learning python. The use and explanations provided by the professors are easy to understand. Runestone application acts as a great platform where the one can practice coding directly in the browser without needing to toggle to python interpreter installed on the computer.

By Syed A I

Mar 24, 2019

I am extremely thankful to the University of Michigan for your extremely detailed and influential course on the subject of Python Basics. I have learnt a lot from this course, and would be thankful to the Team University of Michigan and Team Coursera for the rest of my life for giving me this opportunity to learn from you. Thank you.

By P P K

Jul 08, 2020

One of my dream is to learn python, for which I started working over an year ago. But I could not reach at-least a minimum level, until I found this course on Coursera. I am so fortunate and happy to share that now I am good at Python Programming. Thank you very much to the Professors of University of Michigan and Coursera.

By Abhishek D

Jun 10, 2019

It was a good course .Learnt a lot about loops,conditionals and yes graphics too ! Turtle graphics was fun.

Amazing instructors and syllabus covers all basic topics .

What makes this course different from other python courses is that interactive textbook provided by University of Michigan . That helped me a lot . Thank You.

By Ashwin G

Apr 25, 2020

Excellent course. Everything is taught from basics with well-developed exercises and quizzes. Easy to understand language and very well narrated videos. Though do not expect it to be very deep in programming, as it only a part of the complete python program. I would definitely recommend this for a complete beginner.

By Jason W

Apr 28, 2020

this course might be a little confusing if you are absolutely new to programming in python as some explanations aren't given in detail as beginners often need. But I gave it 5 stars because I had previous exposure to python fundamentals before taking this course. Week 4 in the course here was challenge for sure !

By Nalin M C

This has been my first online course and I'm glad to mention that every aspect of the course was perfect in all the ways - may it be video lectures, practice tools and most importantly the exercises and assignments. I will definitely rate it full marks for teaching me such a wonderful language with such an ease.

By Enam B

Jul 27, 2020

One of the best Python courses. Content is very elaborated for beginners, which is of course good to learn about the core basics. I took this course in order to practice, as I had prior knowledge in Python. All in all, I will recommend it to everyone. And one more thing, Paul Resnick is awesome. Happy learning!

By Ankit M S

Apr 25, 2020

The course is very good for beginners. It provides an in-depth explanation for each concept. Runestone interactive book is the best place to practice questions and graded exercises have enough problems to make learners get a solid understanding of the concepts. Every little bit of every concept is explained.

By Saurav j

May 07, 2020

I belong to Electronics and telecommunication branch so, I always fear to code. This course help me overcome my fear and I started feeling feel much confident to code,. also, It changed my mind in so many perspectives like you need to learn 3- 4 years mandatory to be a coder. all that, perhaps it isn't.

By Md. H H S B

Apr 25, 2019

This is just awesome for starting python.

I tried some youtube courses and others in Udemy. But believe me this one is way better then those.

The design is this course's contents are perfectly arranged with practice and examples and teachers are highly skilled and their teaching style is also friendly.

By Alison C S S

Nov 07, 2019

Simply the best online course I've ever done! The methodology is highly intuitive and helps learners keep track of all they've learned, not to mention the bunch of exercises that contribute a lot to put all the knowledge into practice!

I look forward to taking the next courses for this specialization!

By PANIDAPU H C

Mar 30, 2020

First of all I want to THANK ALL THE GUIDERS(THE PROFESSORS). This course is very helpful to me.I am happy that I have worked heartfully and earned my certificate.Not only I WOULD LIKE TO THANK THE PROFESSORS AND ALSO THE COURSERA TEAM FOR PROVIDING THIS WONDERFUL OPPORTUNITY FOR ONLINE TEACHING.

By Aryan O

First of thanks for helping me out with financial aid by which I was able to complete my python basics course it really means a lot at this situation the course was just awesome it helped me learn all of the basics which is been required to understand python keep the great work doing guys thanks.

By Atanu K

Aug 12, 2019

This course is really helpful for them who are starting to learn python from basic level. The assignments and practice sessions are really good and the best part is you will learn the concept along with good amount of hands on. I'll recommend the course whoever wants to learn python basics.

By Dylan Z

Aug 19, 2019

I really enjoyed this course. It really gives you an understanding of the basics of the python language. If you really want to master the language this is a great starting point just remember to supplement it with the python documentation so you are getting the most out of your experience.

By Alfian T

A great course with lots of detail explained and practice questions to help you gain a deep understanding of Python Basic. However, if you have some previous basic programming knowledge, the material in the beginning will be quite boring so I think you can just speed up the explanation.

By Matthew S

May 01, 2020

A good introduction to the basics. It covers everything from 'Hello world' to string operations, for loops, and conditionals. If you're already familiar with other programming languages, it's fairly easy and should take about a week. It's useful for quickly picking up the Python syntax.

By Yash J B

Jul 17, 2020

It's an amazing course with a very deep fundamental knowledge of Python but if you have come here after programming for everybody(getting started with python) course than you''ll feel this course a little tedious and repetitve. Although this was is very deep dive into basics of Python.

By Abhishek N

First i thought it's going to be a difficult course.

You Know, it's one of the best universities in the world. I thought "their basic level is gonna be a hard level for me"

But the way they teach us is............awesome!!

I don't know about certificate fee.. but I recommend you to join.

By David S

Feb 04, 2020

A very well structured course in the thematic part; with a very good practice tool that complements the courses. Although it is an introductory course of the python language, it gives us all the necessary tools and more than necessary to start in the language and continue learning.

By KEERTHIRAJ G

Aug 23, 2020

It is really nice course,It is very useful to learn basic knowledge about python to understand that.

and also the am like to say thanks to Michigan university and the professors who teach this course.

and also the external tool given in this course is good to learn some more basics.

By Oriana P P

El curso sobrepaso mis expectativas, me encanto la metodología, el material proporcionado para es estudiar fue el más acertado, ademas del uso de la tecnología para el aprendizaje me dejo anonadada.

Muchas gracias a todas las personas que hacen todo esto posible. Dios los bendiga.

By Abhinav R

Jul 02, 2020

As someone already who has some experience in python, this was no doubt an easy course for me but still challenging nevertheless. The exercises were a bit repetitive but it's for your own good. Really enjoyed the course, looking forward to the next course in the specialization.

By Maria E N

Great course! No need for any prior knowledge, very well organized and explained. The tests helped me check my understanding and use my creativity on real projects. Steve Oney was my absolute favourite instructor, I never had a single question after his lectures! Recommend it!