Back to Python Basics

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Python Basics by University of Michigan

This course introduces the basics of Python 3, including conditional execution and iteration as control structures, and strings and lists as data structures. You'll program an on-screen Turtle to draw pretty pictures. You'll also learn to draw reference diagrams as a way to reason about program executions, which will help to build up your debugging skills. The course has no prerequisites. It will cover Chapters 1-9 of the textbook "Fundamentals of Python Programming," which is the accompanying text (optional and free) for this course. The course is for you if you're a newcomer to Python programming, if you need a refresher on Python basics, or if you may have had some exposure to Python programming but want a more in-depth exposition and vocabulary for describing and reasoning about programs. This is the first of five courses in the Python 3 Programming Specialization....

NR
Oct 17, 2019

It's a must join course for the people who want to deep dive into the world of Python. I really loving this course very much. I wanna explore more hence opting for other parts of this specialization.

JB
Aug 10, 2020

This course offers excellent external tools for learning, like the Interactive Textbook and that makes it much more fun and relax to learn. Also Mr Resnick adds his charisma which you cannot forget.

76 - 100 of 2,468 Reviews for Python Basics

By Jing C

Jan 22, 2019

simple and easy, good for beginners

By Juan D C D

Jan 27, 2019

Excellent course I do recommend it

By Nuthalapati S

Feb 28, 2019

Nice course to start from basics.

By Ignacio A G H

Jan 15, 2019

Great starting point for python3

By Ravi S V

Feb 16, 2019

Excellent Course. Learnt a lot.

By Alvaro C S

Jan 15, 2019

Perfect!!!

By Aditya A S

Jun 23, 2020

The content of too basic, the instructor was amazing. I loved the assignment submission procedure. The course was very well made and is definitely one of the bests on Coursera.

Thank you, and if you read this, I request you all to visit this, here you'll definitely find something impressive to learn.

By Umang R

Dec 21, 2018

I really loved the way each topic was explained and the presence of an interactive workspace. The fact that the same interactive module is used by students at UMich made me feel like I was a student at UMich. The Codelens feature is really cool, especially for beginners.

By Shubhangi

A very good course to start and learn basics!! I will definitely recommend it to noobs in programming.

Deducted one star for not including tuples and dictionary! rest it is very thorough and enjoyable.

By Izaan Z

Jul 14, 2019

Didn't expected this course to be beginner friendly as many courses out there aren't.

This course really helped me improve my Python. From lectures to assignments everything was praise worthy.

By MANISH C

Jul 18, 2019

good course for learning basics of python and provide us root knowledge of basics of python ,thanks coursera for providing this course

By Shutian X

Dec 31, 2018

Very helpful to beginner.

By April X

Jan 30, 2019

Very helpful

By Nur A R

Jul 2, 2020

This is a good introductory course to Python, definitely gets the interest going! However, when doing exercises and practice questions, I feel that there can be more support provided. Especially in terms of identifying the mistakes done so students can rectify it (and the thought process is actually what's most important because this is what we'll takeaway). Most often than not, I find myself scouring through the world wide web instead because the issue is not sufficiently addressed in the textbook materials. The problem with solutions on the world wide web is that sometimes they're using methods which we have yet to cover in the classes hence, we don't really understand.

By Munshi I H

Dec 27, 2019

The content is good for a first course. 2 drawbacks - (1.) Question asked on the discussion forum was not answered. (2). Steve is not quite clear with explanations. One of the examples... In places where running code with different conditions could help explain the difference, he ran them one at a time.

By Andrea D C

Nov 12, 2019

If you want to learn the basics of Python, take Dr. Chuck's "Programming for Everybody." The lectures in this course were slow and not interesting, so I didn't watch them and I just worked through the Runestone project to complete the course.