Back to Python Basics

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Python Basics by University of Michigan

This course introduces the basics of Python 3, including conditional execution and iteration as control structures, and strings and lists as data structures. You'll program an on-screen Turtle to draw pretty pictures. You'll also learn to draw reference diagrams as a way to reason about program executions, which will help to build up your debugging skills. The course has no prerequisites. It will cover Chapters 1-9 of the textbook "Fundamentals of Python Programming," which is the accompanying text (optional and free) for this course. The course is for you if you're a newcomer to Python programming, if you need a refresher on Python basics, or if you may have had some exposure to Python programming but want a more in-depth exposition and vocabulary for describing and reasoning about programs. This is the first of five courses in the Python 3 Programming Specialization....

NR
Oct 17, 2019

It's a must join course for the people who want to deep dive into the world of Python. I really loving this course very much. I wanna explore more hence opting for other parts of this specialization.

DK
Dec 7, 2020

The course was very comprehensive and easy to understand. The instructors made sure that they are giving the information in a way that won't make me confused. Thank you so much for this great course!

51 - 75 of 2,758 Reviews for Python Basics

By SaketKr

Feb 27, 2019

It really helped me a lot for getting the basics all right and fine. The lectures were easy to understand and the concepts were cleared nicely. Thanks for the course.

By Maria L P B

Feb 24, 2019

Fantastic materials and method. I never thought I could learn programming, but I am advancing more and more in an easy way. Congrats to the team: You did it!

By Joubert F

Dec 30, 2018

Excellent class ! Thank you for sharing your knowledge with us. I look forward learning more from you through the other classes of the specialization. Thanks

By Adi S

Nov 28, 2019

Very good course. I like the idea of the interactive textbook. Help me to understand the subject faster then any other traditional textbook ever.

By Siu K P L

Jan 29, 2019

The excercises are not too difficult. it is good. Although some instructions are not so clear. I am not sure what the expected reslts would be.

By Saurav k l

Jan 14, 2019

Thanks for all mentors for helping me in learning and also make such tools which were very helpful to solve assignment .

Thanks again.

By Shubhnay J

Jan 30, 2019

Great intro to Python. Recommended. Interactive textbook, codelens are the best. Thank you for making a wonderful course.

By saurabh k

Jul 21, 2019

it was a good expirence.Course content was good and the assingments were very helpful in gaining practical knowledge.

By Javier E H

Dec 17, 2018

Great course and great tools!! It's so fun to follow with hands-on programming and debugging right from the start!!

By Bensaid O

Feb 1, 2019

4 weeks of study in this course "Python Basics" was useful for me. thanks a lot for the awesome instructors

By yoshio k

Jan 16, 2019

I was able to learn python very clearly.

I was able to laugh at the joke. Thank you for a wonderful time.

By SUMIT S

Jul 18, 2019

This course is very good for knowing python basics. The videos are very understandable and helpful

By Abhijeet R P

Feb 4, 2019

This course truly builds up your python basics.It shows from scratch how every instruction works.

By Juzer F

Feb 4, 2019

This course is planned very nicely. Pace is good and plenty of exercise to learn the concepts.

By Juan A

Jan 13, 2019

The grading tool can be incredibly frustrating at times but the lessons themselves are great

By PAT W

Feb 12, 2019

Well thought out material with a great mix of video, reading and interactive exercises.

By Daniel H

Feb 11, 2019

Great! Learned what I wanted to learn. The videos and course materials were excellent.

By Kevin H

Feb 18, 2019

Excellent course! Love the interactive textbook, and the instructors are wonderful!

By Luciana M G

Jan 2, 2019

Excellent course with lots of useful exercises and tools. I highly recommend it!

By Lewalski, J

Feb 7, 2019

Very good course for beginners! It explains each aspect very deeply.

By Michael S

Jan 25, 2019

Very thorough. I have a good understanding of the basics of Python.

By Nikesh K

Feb 2, 2019

This was very well constructed. Really cleared my basics on Python!

By María E C M

Feb 23, 2019

I liked the course , it was quite entertaining and easy to follow.

By Shyam K

Feb 3, 2019

Amazing course helped my get in python thank you coursera

By Juan C A

Jan 29, 2019

Nice course,. The proposed exercises really set concepts.