Back to Capstone: Retrieving, Processing, and Visualizing Data with Python

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Capstone: Retrieving, Processing, and Visualizing Data with Python by University of Michigan

In the capstone, students will build a series of applications to retrieve, process and visualize data using Python. The projects will involve all the elements of the specialization. In the first part of the capstone, students will do some visualizations to become familiar with the technologies in use and then will pursue their own project to visualize some other data that they have or can find. Chapters 15 and 16 from the book “Python for Everybody” will serve as the backbone for the capstone. This course covers Python 3....
Highlights
Informative course
(132 Reviews)
Relevant project
(132 Reviews)

BC
Apr 28, 2020

Now I understand how data mining, API's and dumping and retrieving data from a database works. Excellent course to start understanding how python can be used to work with data sources on the internet.

JC
May 25, 2017

I found this course a little bit easier that some of the previous courses, however, it allowed me to gain experience managing a larger projects that encompass several languages and multiple programs.

226 - 250 of 1,405 Reviews for Capstone: Retrieving, Processing, and Visualizing Data with Python

By Eric P

Aug 1, 2019

I can't recommend this specialization highly enough. Dr. Chuck is a great instructor and presents the material in a clear and concise way.

By MAYURESH M M

This was a great journey from last to end. I learned a lot of new things and important things thank you Dr.chuk for being beautiful guide.

By Mark A

Mar 25, 2020

Nice to have a chance to change things up a bit. More open ended forum posts are fun, and it gets you to think a bit more about 'stuff'.

By Moez B

Nov 19, 2016

Easy course to bookend the specialization. I am using some of the visualizations knowledge to develop my own projects. Thanks, Dr. Chuck.

By Karen G P

Aug 27, 2019

Staff is awesome and course is really instructive if you get to do the Project. Also really flexible. Thanks teachers! Thanks Dr. Chuck!

By Jerry E B J

May 17, 2016

I really enjoyed this course. I recommend it to anyone that wants to be challenged to utilize and improve an Architecture with Python.

By RAHUL K

Jun 26, 2020

Finally making it to the end of python course i am filled woth knowledge in python and will see forward to achieve honor certificate .

By Byron L

Sep 9, 2017

This is a very good course, thanks to Dr. Chuck for all the information and the effort in the course, all the material is really good.

By Ritik K

This capstone is a great experience for me and i hope for others too.. We get to learn a lot of things from this. I Just loved this.

By PRIYADARSHINI S

Nov 17, 2020

Amazing set of 5 courses. Totally loved the way Dr. Chuck guided us throughout the course and learnt a lot of new and useful things.

By Chukka P S S C M

Jan 3, 2020

I've learned so much about python such that I can get next level of python and reassemble my dreams to become a software developer..

By Raunak S

Sep 4, 2018

good enough course for the concluding part of the whole specialization course but should have been more complicated and challenging.

By Jimut B P

Jan 6, 2018

just a awesome experience in life to be in this capstone and learn different interesting things from geeks and nerds, thanks a bunch

By Aitor J G

Nov 25, 2018

A lot of things going on, you really need to walk through the scripts by yourself after the course if you want to understand them.

By Vaibhav Y T

Jul 2, 2020

This 5 Course series is the best Programming basics course you can ever get, after all Dr. Chuck makes it way more interesting :)

By Anil K D

This is awesome course for everyone, who wants to learn Python. Everything (Videos, assignments, quiz, and examples) really good.

By Claudia R

Sep 24, 2018

Great course for beginners and it gets you on you way to know how to do a bit of research to find Python tools for your own needs

By Mohd F B A

Oct 2, 2020

Big Thank to Dr Charles, to Teaching Staff for a good tip and all class member also my sponsorship program MDEC from Malaysia.

By 刘思成

Mar 29, 2020

Sooooooo happy that I get all the certificates!! I will keep learning about python and more about computer science. Thank you!

By Raymond L

Jan 1, 2020

The courses uses all the knowledge I learned from previous courses. Take some time to examine the codes, you will gain a lot.

By Junaid S

Oct 23, 2020

They walk you through the project development process for multiple projects. My favorite one was the pagerank algorithm one.

By Lyle S

Well organized material for people newer to Python. Leads you down a path to acquire skills useful for real world problems.

By Kamel M

May 12, 2020

Excellent course by Dr. Chuck.

By Lê D A T

Jul 19, 2020

Below that is very in-depth knowledge in python, it's very rewarding. maybe in the future I can come back to use them more.

By Hugo M M

May 9, 2019

Very interesting course. I did it only because it is part of the specialization, it takes 1-2 days in order to complete it.