Back to Capstone: Retrieving, Processing, and Visualizing Data with Python

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Capstone: Retrieving, Processing, and Visualizing Data with Python by University of Michigan

In the capstone, students will build a series of applications to retrieve, process and visualize data using Python. The projects will involve all the elements of the specialization. In the first part of the capstone, students will do some visualizations to become familiar with the technologies in use and then will pursue their own project to visualize some other data that they have or can find. Chapters 15 and 16 from the book “Python for Everybody” will serve as the backbone for the capstone. This course covers Python 3....
Highlights
Informative course
(132 Reviews)
Relevant project
(132 Reviews)

BC

Apr 29, 2020

Now I understand how data mining, API's and dumping and retrieving data from a database works. Excellent course to start understanding how python can be used to work with data sources on the internet.

JC

May 26, 2017

I found this course a little bit easier that some of the previous courses, however, it allowed me to gain experience managing a larger projects that encompass several languages and multiple programs.

151 - 175 of 1,314 Reviews for Capstone: Retrieving, Processing, and Visualizing Data with Python

By NoneLand

Nov 14, 2017

A good course. There are two large and complete data retrieval projects, which is a great template for other projects. The required assignments is very simple, just running given code and taking screenshots!

By Farooq K

Mar 26, 2018

It was a breeze to learn, love that I can do it at my own pace! I can take a vacation from it if I need to, and speed up the process at other times. Enjoyed it and look forward to enrolling in more courses.

By Guillermo H K

Oct 18, 2019

Although too easy compared to the other 4 courses, I enjoyed the worked examples and the use of the programs to manipulate and visualize a large amount of data. The codes provided are very good examples.

By Juan A

Aug 12, 2017

Dr. Chuck is one of the greatest teachers. I love the way how he teaches.

All the courses are excellent, except the capstone, it was short and less challenging. I hope this can be improved in the future.

By ANAND K

Jan 14, 2020

Thank you, Charles sir.you are the memorable person and best instructor in my love. I have learned python through your class and I am learning more.

Thank you Coursera for providing the best instructor.

By Carlos E

Apr 20, 2017

Excellent, simply the best experience of on line education I have had, the course is extremely complete and useful, the support of the staff of mentors is remarkable also, I am extremely grateful.

By Rolando G

Oct 31, 2017

Excellent certificate; the project was a bit too easy, but I guess its purpose was to show that something seemingly complex was the result of breaking things into simpler and more manageable pieces.

By Yunhong H

Mar 23, 2019

This is a great course. I like this course very much because I can retrieve, process and visualize data in Python in a very good way I never used before. This course is very useful in real world.

By Tim G

Apr 13, 2020

I am impressed at how much information we can search and analyze on the web. This specialization has really opened my eyes to how easy it is to gather information from the web. Thanks Dr. Chuck!

By Tiejun-Dong

Oct 12, 2016

第一次在couresra上课,感觉还好,在大学里大家都学过#c,所以前半段python上手很快,很可惜,选择题和编程题目太过于简单,对比与我学校自己的编程课程并没有深入。第一次听英语课是新奇的体验,就结而论只能说是大概的对python这一块有一个简单的认识。

整个课程给人一种通识或是公选课的感觉,并不像专业课那样,对于像我这样的非计算机系的学生是足够了,若想较深入的学习还是要找相关书籍来看。

By Sebastian J

Just had to take 1 quiz which were quite direct and the same questions as those from previous 4 courses, in order to get this certificate. I'm gonna try to get honors mention on my certificate.

By Sayak C

Aug 30, 2020

Pretty good conclusion to the entire specialization, there is also Honors program that helps in building a collaborative spirit and generally helping students with their project-making skills.

By CHOO H C D

Oct 16, 2020

This whole specialisation is really well planned and simple enough to follow through. Kudos to the instructor who is engaging and able to distil difficult concepts down to something simpler.

By vignaux

Dec 20, 2016

Dr Chuck's final lecture with Python. A very large course to discover and use this precise and intelligent language. Congratulations to dr.Chuck for his educational qualities, what a talent!

By Joanthan S

May 09, 2019

Wow, It's been great learning the course material. I am so happy to have had the opportunity to learn this all from Dr. Chuck. I have a new skill set and a new appreciation for programming.

By Агеев С В

Mar 09, 2019

Nice course, but easier than previous 4 in this curriculum.

In general very interesting cases. For me it was very useful to understand basic principles how it works. Thank you, Dr. Chuck!

By Сетдеков К Р

If you want to have a satisfying ending to the previous coursed, do enroll here and finish the course. There is a lot to practice and the results are more interesting than an average one.

By CHENG-YING W

Aug 01, 2020

Really thanks for Dr.Chuck's teaching and hard work! When finishing this "python for everybody" specialization will definitely have more realization about Python and enjoy programming!

By Luis T

Jan 25, 2020

Well organised and comprehensive coverage. The slides and explications are kept as simple as possible, but yet do not spare out important details - a balance that is hard to achieve.

By Yogesh B

Oct 05, 2020

Good approach, If you are hurry to complete the certificate then it this course is for you. And even if you want to spend alot time to explore python then also this course is for you.

By Darshan K

Apr 26, 2020

This is best Platform for learning Python !! Thank You Coursera for giving me such a Confidence of learning !! and especially thak yo Dr.Chuck for giving such a precious knowledge !!

By ARVIND K S

May 07, 2020

One of the finest specializations it has been my privilege to take up. Hope to complete the Honors portion soon.

Thanks and regards to the teaching team and, of course, to Coursera.

By Krishna K

Nov 21, 2016

This is really really good course to learn data retrieving, visualization and processing, professor is awesome and the way he explain about such knowledge is really really awesome.

By Gaurav D

Aug 06, 2020

It was a great course. All 5 courses in Programming for everybody were much much better than my expectations. It helped me dive deep in python programming. THANKS A LOT DR. CHUCK.

By Prosenjit M J

Jul 03, 2020

I've learned so much from this course. Now I feel comfortable writing codes in python. I know it's a start but I'm grateful to Dr. Chuck and UMICH for this awesome specialization.