Back to Python Data Structures

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Python Data Structures by University of Michigan

This course will introduce the core data structures of the Python programming language. We will move past the basics of procedural programming and explore how we can use the Python built-in data structures such as lists, dictionaries, and tuples to perform increasingly complex data analysis. This course will cover Chapters 6-10 of the textbook “Python for Everybody”. This course covers Python 3....
Highlights
Excellent instructor
(503 Reviews)
Helpful assignments
(254 Reviews)

PM
Oct 7, 2017

assignment 9.4 auto grader not working .\n\nLTI unable to launch.\n\nerror message: This tool should be launched from a learning system using LTI.\n\ni am using chrome on mac book air 2 and python 3.6

AC
Jun 18, 2020

Great course for pyhton. Loved this course and enjoyed it. Thanks to Dr.Chuck. If anyone who want to take a course which is well explained and fun for python learning, then Hey!!! this is your course.

351 - 375 of 10,000 Reviews for Python Data Structures

By Sujith s k

Aug 13, 2020

One of the best online courses I ever attended. The professor is a great, friendly one who would increase our interest in the class. with all the bonus videos and interviews of all the creators of different languages, it felt like a journey with the professor.I really appreciate his effort and want to thank him for this wonderful course. :)

By Dianne D - T

Oct 5, 2019

This was a challenge for me, but it was worth it. I'm more knowledgeable about Python and how to write at least 10 lines of code. It's going to take practice but I appreciate being able to refer to the book constantly, because it's so easy to understand. I am going to be leaning on the book for a while, and I'm glad I'm working this course

By Jason J

Jan 18, 2016

Dr. Chuck's clear explanation of the features of the language is directed in such a way as to make sure I understand the concepts. I appreciate his lecture style and really enjoyed the extra videos interviewing different people about the languages they invented. l thoroughly enjoyed taking this course and easily learned the key concepts.

By Azamat D

Mar 8, 2020

I liked it! Thx. The second course I took and finished in this specialization. So I am up to finish the following 3 ones, and then, or somewhere in between get and parse that 400+ mbs txt file that was generated by ESB in logs and that is noone capable to split into readable peaces and analyze.

And I feel like I gonna be capable to do it :)

By Calvin M I

Jun 17, 2017

Thank you for the lecture. I really appreciate the clarity. This course actually makes me feel really like a true programmer after figuring out the assignments and understanding the code. You could really feel the "upgrade". Again, thanks. I really enjoyed it all. (Very simple by the way, just really had to follow along and practice along)

By Shubhamay M

May 14, 2020

this is a good course after I took the first course. it takes you to solve more real-life problems with simple code. So I am very much interested to take the rest of the courses as soon as possible. Thank you, prof, for your guidance. Programming for Everybody(Python) on Coursera is taught by prof. Charles Severance. Yes it is valuable.

By Alexandre L

Dec 3, 2020

Great course! It was hard...in a good way. It forced me to try harder and look further and solve real problems with regards to data structures in Python. As a result, I learned more about computer programming during this course than any other learning activity in my journey into programming. I feel I actually can do some programming now!

By Tara S

Jan 3, 2017

I love this course! Prof Chuck does a wonderful job of laying things out one at a time, and anticipating questions or issues that beginning programmers might have. The exercises incorporate each previous concept learned and are challenging yet doable. I'd absolutely recommend this to anyone wanting to learn how to program with Python.

By Benjamin W

Nov 26, 2020

Awesome Course! (I spent 4 Days with 2 hours each on first part, and 2 Days with 3 hours each on the second part)

The instructor is awesome, the course is engaging, the tasks are systematically and gradually increasing in complexity. The videos and explanation are very helpful, the material provided makes sense.

Can't recommend it enough.

By Nithila P

Jul 20, 2020

It was an amazing course after completing the first one: Python for everybody.

the instructor is great! After pondering over the assignments trying to figure them out, and when i finally get the desired output i feel sooo good! it gives a great deal of satisfaction and happiness.

i feel confident about python till this point. thank you

By Jerin P J

Apr 29, 2020

This is my second course from coursera and Dr.chuck and i should say that the instructor Dr.Chuck is an amazing person.He knows a great deal about programming and he knows how to keep the student interested in the class.I would sure;y recommend this course to anyone who wants to pursue this course further.Thanks coursera thanks Dr.chuck

By janet w

Dec 31, 2015

2nd course with Dr Charles. I find his courses to be very informative and his teaching method is very helpful in understanding the topics fast.

excited to complete the remaining items in the specialization and if Dr Charles has any other courses, i will for sure take it....

would love to have an advanced python programming class with Dr C

By Amrit K

Jun 30, 2020

I had already taken 'Python for Everbody' by the same instructor. I had high hopes from this course and it just delivered that. I am very happy that I took this class. This course introduce you the python data structures in a simple way. It is very effective for beginners. Dr. Chuck is one of the most effective teacher I've ever known.

By Michael P

Oct 30, 2018

Charles Severance takes something so seemingly technical and presents it in such an easily digestible manner with a great deal of enthusiasm. He also provides anecdotes that make the material much easier to grasp and retain. His approach to teaching gives me huge amounts of confidence as I train for a new career in the 'tech' industry.

By Kiran M

Jan 16, 2017

This course is designed very nicely. It is very compatible to all kind of learners. Dr. Chuck has done a wonderful job on explaining concepts. The provided book is very useful to understand those concepts and it also helps to make them strong by solving problems from book along with Coursera assignments. I highly recommend this course.

By JITHIN B

Dec 5, 2020

Go for this course without thinking twice. Dr. Chuck will ease you into the world of programming with Python and you will feel at ease even if learning this for the first time. The structuring of this course makes one feel really confident in tackling all the assignments and it doesn't feel like a lot of work. All thanks to Dr. Chuck.

By Karan B

Apr 24, 2016

The pace of this course & the course content, along with the Creative Commons material is fabulous for anyone who has no prior experience in programming. Prof. Severance is great at what he does, and the assignments are also brilliant. I wished there were more peer review assignments or more assignments so that we could practice more.

By Radha M

Jun 1, 2020

I liked this course on Data Structures. It was interesting, challenging and a little confusing for me. However I think after using it in the real world, with more examples, one can get to understand this better. Module 1 and 2 are key to understanding the rest of the modules, as they are the very foundation to be able to under better

By Mehta S

Nov 15, 2020

Really loved this second course in the 5-course specialization in Python as this was the time when I was able to apply all that acquired knowledge to solving simple yet interesting problems. Again, I am thankful from the bottom of my heart to Professor Charles Russell Severance for such an easy-to-follow course content and delivery.

By Brenda G

Sep 20, 2020

I have struggled with programming in the past and figured I'd never be able to grasp the concepts. Dr. Chuck is an excellent instructor, making programming understandable to those of us who need to start from ground zero. It is rare to find a professor that makes these concepts clear without going over a beginner's head. Thanks!

By Kedar N

Aug 11, 2020

A very good course to build your CV and to improve the chances of success in job placement in the future.

Really helpful for aspiring data scientists and university freshers who want an introduction to the python programming language and for people who already have jobs and want to excel forward in their career by adding a new skill

By Alexander S

Aug 8, 2020

Awesome course for everyone. This course teaches the basic of Python Data Structures in a very friendly pace, as well as easy to understand language. Prof. Charles is a gifted teacher who has vast knowledge about Python. Thanks to Coursera, Prof. Charles and his staff, as well as the University of Michigan for offering this course.

By Simon M

Apr 15, 2017

lectures were very good, however there were some issues with the text file for the compiler during the assignment,. The compiler did not let me call certain components of the list band kept giving me an error that it was out of range. Also it gave me errors with spacing that I could only fix by hiding compiler and bringing it back.

By Kamila A

Jul 26, 2020

Great instructor! a very structured course which makes it easy to follow and learn new things without getting confused!

However, would also recommend working on your own and solving more problems besides the ones in the course because 1 graded assignment per week doesn't seem like enough to fully understand and remember the topic.

By Alec K

Nov 10, 2015

I think the lectures were excellent, containing plenty of content and a periodic sprinkling of humour. I have programmed in Python for a couple of years but this course taught me some neat techniques I hadn't previously encountered. I hope I can cope with the next part and am looking forward to the chapter on regular expressions.