Back to Python Data Structures

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Python Data Structures by University of Michigan

This course will introduce the core data structures of the Python programming language. We will move past the basics of procedural programming and explore how we can use the Python built-in data structures such as lists, dictionaries, and tuples to perform increasingly complex data analysis. This course will cover Chapters 6-10 of the textbook “Python for Everybody”. This course covers Python 3....
Highlights
Excellent instructor
(503 Reviews)
Helpful assignments
(254 Reviews)

DA

Nov 10, 2017

I feel incredible that I knew almost nothing about programming just a month ago. Now I have done two of the courses of the specialization and I can actually understand other basic codes. Great course!

AC

Jun 19, 2020

Great course for pyhton. Loved this course and enjoyed it. Thanks to Dr.Chuck. If anyone who want to take a course which is well explained and fun for python learning, then Hey!!! this is your course.

226 - 250 of 10,000 Reviews for Python Data Structures

By Debabrata S

Jul 14, 2019

I am very fortunate to join this course. I also completed first course. Believe me or not, I have never learned any programming language what i have got in this course. Before this I know little bit of C language. But Python is very interesting to learn. I am enjoying this course very much. And I want to complete the full python specialization course on Coursera.

Thanks

By Luke O

Jan 09, 2018

Very happy with the "new" Coursera platform. The changes have enabled you to take a class for a while, pause your progress, and then pick up where you left off - a feature critical for asynchronous online learning. Also this was the first class that introduced data structures to me, so I have no doubt I'll benefit very much in the future from the knowledge gained here.

By Jeniffer G O M

Jun 11, 2020

I really enjoyed this course! Professor Charles is very good at explaining all the concepts in very simple yet comprehensible ways. I really appreciated that unlike most programming courses, the lectures are not eternal and boring but actually super entertaining. Also, the excersises were very useful and I feel that I really got to understand the concepts through them

By Daniel G

Jun 13, 2019

This course is brilliant for entry-level programmers and builds nicely on the previous course (Getting Started with Python). Think of this less as a course equipping you to become a programmer, and more as an introduction to coding such that you can build on a solid foundation as you continue this process of learning at the very beginning of your programming 'career'.

By akshara m

Jan 23, 2019

This is a really fun course and lays the foundation of Python programming. The videos are concise and apt and therefore one doesn't feel bored throughout the lectures. All the in-built assignments really put you in the groove of python programming. So, all those looking for a basics course in Python, do give this course a try. Trust me, you won't be disappointed!

By Meytal ( V

Nov 13, 2017

Dr. Chuck is just the best teacher.

the course is very structured and organized, each lesson builds on the other in a very understandable manner.

Good paste, more than fair quizzes and assignments.

I would have added more assignments so the material will sync better, even if I know there is plenty online, I personally would have liked to see more on the "bouns" section.

By Nuzzrath H

Apr 23, 2020

Amazing course! I learned so much and it gave me the confidence to keep discovering and explore the world of programming! Dr. Chuck is a great instructor who motivates and makes learning practical and fun! I am so glad I enrolled in this course. I decided to learn python purely out of curiosity but, this may just be the start of something new and exciting in my life!

By Rafael C

Mar 16, 2017

I recommend this course given by Dr. Chuck. Topics are well taught and explored. This course is not just for people without any expertise, but also for those who already program but need to learn python and don’t have the discipline to do it by themselves.

Dr. Chuck speaks in a really clear way, so even if English is not your native language, don’t be put down by it.

By Dustin S

Nov 22, 2016

Awesome course, I'd tried a couple online learning courses to help me learn to program in the past and Charles' intro courses were way superior. Fun and succinct lecture videos, relevant examples to work through, and assignments that actually teach you how to apply the knowledge. Thanks very much for sharing this with the world Charles! Can't recommend it enough.

By Holden

Jun 26, 2016

Great experience. The videos are exceedingly well-constructed, and the assignments are paired well with them.

My only comment is that I think it would be helpful if links to the PowerPoints used in each video were linked below each video. That said, perhaps it was helpful to the learning experience to have to stop videos and hand-copy the relevant code into my IDE.

By Lhingnunching L

An awesome beginners course taught by a brilliant instructor, Dr.Charles. I started with zero python skills and I can confidently say that my programming skills have increased manifolds. The syllabus was well designed and the quizzes and assignments helped me apply what I had just learnt. Will be taking up more courses in the future, thanks to Coursera and Dr.chuck!

By MANISH K

Apr 28, 2020

The way Dr.Chuck teaches the python , it becomes so interesting and easy. Thanks to Dr. Chuck and the entire team of Coursera for helping me to learn and guide about the basic things about new programming language. Hope i will do some more online courses. I got confident after completing the python programming for everybody and python data structure. Thanks to ALL.

By Murat S

Feb 05, 2020

the most effective and the best thing in this course is the teacher Mr.Severance's quality! He catches the learner's attention and explains all the things in a effective way. DON'T LET GO MR SEVERANCE somewhere else. I think he is unique in this thing.! And the course and examples,quizzes are good and teaching. I liked the course. Thanks to all the contributors!!!!

By Daniel C E

Oct 22, 2016

I am highly indebted to Professor Charles and Coursera for the marvelous opportunity given to me to take part in this course. Professor Charles mode of teaching has really made the course interesting and simple to learn especially to those who has no prior knowledge of programming. I really recommend this to anyone who is interested in learning python programming.

By SUDHARSHAN A

Apr 23, 2020

All the class were awesome, enjoyable, understandable in a very beautiful way possible. like you Dr.Chuck even i love to meet up with all different people & you are a awesome Teacher.. i learnt python data structure in a beautiful way i can say.

& This is the 2nd online class i have completed successfully & that too with Dr.Chuck!

Online class are really enjoyable..

By Saram I

Apr 23, 2017

This was the best course I've taken my whole life. The whole series of programming for everybody is very well prepared and very grateful. I can only imagine the amount of time Professor Chuck put into this. this helped me alot and i'm sure it also helped my other fellow students too. I will recommend everyone to do this course if they want to get into programming.

By Vishrut A

Jul 06, 2020

This is an excellent course for beginners in coding as well as in the language of Python. With video lectures from a great mentor with crystal clear concepts and at times required assignment demonstrations, it is just perfect. It engages anyone to complete it in 1 or 2 weeks rather than 7 weeks. Thanks to Coursera and Michigan University for bringing this to us!

By Art H

Dec 01, 2017

Very very comprehensive instruction in the teaching of python programming but also providing new information in programming methodologies and techniques. Greatly enjoy Dr. Charles Severance as an instructor. My only wish is that too bad Dr. Severance was not a professor at UC Irvine back in the 80's I would have immediately changed my major to computer science.

By Nathaniel B

Jul 05, 2017

Fantastic course! Chuck is incredibly thorough in his teaching methods and very engaging, as well. He does a good job of breaking down coding concepts that might be easy to confuse and putting them in mathematical or every day terms that anyone can understand. He makes me feel like I am actually typing a conversation with my computer, rather than complex coding.

By Brendan M

Jan 25, 2017

Dr. Chuck is the best! I have been writing in Python for about a year now and didn't think this course would teach me too much. Although I did know the methods Dr. Chuck teaches about in the course, I learned some important details about their use as well as how to approach problems. I highly recommend for anyone seeking a sound foundation in Python programming.

By Mustafa K

Dec 06, 2015

Another joyful Python course from Dr. Charles Severance. Course were very dense, there was no boring details; give fundamentals, rest of it depends interest of the student. Also thanks for bonus videos and interviews. Most of them are very inspiring. I understand from Dr.'s courses that everyone seeing your job will enjoy if you enjoy by doing it. Thanks a lot.

By Sambath M

Mar 20, 2020

Very great course overall.

I'm happy because now, I have strong knowledge in the fundamental of Python, and that was my goal before to postulate into that course.

I love how professor Severance takes his time to explain difficult concepts into a simple example.

I'm happy and grateful for them, to make this course happen.

Thank you, everyone, thank you, professor.

By Omar E

Aug 23, 2018

Really great course, highly recommended to anyone interested in learning different data structures, and how python takes advantage of each type to solve complex problems. Prof. Chuck takes you on the journey, and pushes you at the right times for you to experiment, and utilize the techniques that you have learnt so far to solve the assignments/quiz.

Loved it!!

By Sue L

Jan 14, 2018

This course is a continuation from Course 1 and is part of the "Python for Everybody" specialization. Just like Course 1, this course is taught very well. For non-programmers, you get the most benefit out of this course if you take it as part of the specialization. There is a nice little treat at the end for those who stick all the way through this course ;)

By Jose M

Jun 25, 2017

Excelente curso, logré completar los conocimientos básicos del lenguaje de programación de python. Las clases del Profesor Chuck son geniales, totalmente pedagógicas y te mantienen interesado en que mas está por venir. Las evaluaciones cubren muy bien los aspectos tratados en el capítulo y permiten afianzar los conocimientos obtenidos..

100% recomendado..