Back to Using Databases with Python

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Using Databases with Python by University of Michigan

This course will introduce students to the basics of the Structured Query Language (SQL) as well as basic database design for storing data as part of a multi-step data gathering, analysis, and processing effort. The course will use SQLite3 as its database. We will also build web crawlers and multi-step data gathering and visualization processes. We will use the D3.js library to do basic data visualization. This course will cover Chapters 14-15 of the book “Python for Everybody”. To succeed in this course, you should be familiar with the material covered in Chapters 1-13 of the textbook and the first three courses in this specialization. This course covers Python 3....
Highlights
High quality course material
(143 Reviews)
Top rated instructor
(176 Reviews)

MM

Mar 13, 2018

The course is great... You can definitely learn many things... Was kind of hard for me and i went many times back and forth through most of the lectures... However i think i learn many new things....

JL

Jun 23, 2017

Wonderful course! I learnt many useful SQL statements and know how to combine database operations into python program. Dr. Chuck's lectures are always comprehensible and clear. Thank you, professor.

251 - 275 of 2,652 Reviews for Using Databases with Python

By GANGURU S R

Nov 17, 2018

in this certification we are learning database concepts how to create table,insert table,delete table and update table.what is the primary key,foreign key all are learning in this concepts.

By Fadare T M

Apr 12, 2018

Wonderful wonderful, course. Don't mind the codes just go through it as if you are the one re-coding so as to be able to understand what the instructor was doing before answering a question

By Carl M

Jan 13, 2016

Course is easy, but that's fine. Dr. Chuck explains and shows everything in an easy to understand way, and I know that I came away from this course with a ton of new ideas of what I can do.

By Phil T

Sep 27, 2019

Another fantastic course to get the Python juices flowing - this time with an excellent intro to SQLite and linking all previous modules of the specialization together. Good fun as always.

By Malgorzata P

Feb 09, 2017

I found the Python-SQL code could be explained better during first classes, while now some of the basics are explained well only in the final class. It is still an excellent course though.

By Vladimir P

Jul 08, 2016

When I started this course I didn't know what Python can do. But now, this final course revealed the power of Python used for Database. Thank you Dr. Chuck for taking me in this adventure!

By Shiva h k B

Jan 16, 2016

This course presents you python-database accessing concepts via sqlite, if you are trying to learn accessing Oracle or anything other enterprise database product consider this as alphabets

By Aaren G C H

Mar 29, 2017

I love this course very much, as I get to learn the database , understand the usage of SQL, and the interaction between the python with relation database management. This is so awesome!!!

By Gaurav P

Aug 13, 2020

Dr. Chuck is an amazing teacher. All the concepts are beautifully explained with worked out examples at end of each module. Highly recommended for those who are starting to learn python.

By Wayne H G J

Jun 25, 2019

I have learned so much from these courses. I really like Dr. Chuck's style. I have a firm grasp of Python now, and I'm very eager to continue building my skills. Thank you, Dr. Chuck!

By Vipul P

Sep 03, 2017

The content of the course are sufficient. However, the technicalities involved in the code walk-through needs to be explained, which will make the examples more relevant to the students.

By Sebastián P G

Feb 28, 2020

Temática de fácil entendimiento con ejemplos claros y bien explicados. Aunque se centra bastante en el uso de SQLlite, sirve de mucho ya que muestra la unión entre las dos aplicaciones

By Luis T

Jan 25, 2020

Well organised and comprehensive coverage. The slides and explications are kept as simple as possible, but yet do not spare out important details - a balance that is hard to achieve.

By Agatha H

Jan 05, 2018

Dr. Chuck is an awesome teacher! I like his teaching style.

However, please remove peer-graded assignment. Most of the times, it delays students from completing their courses.

Thank you.

By Chadchawan C

Sep 21, 2020

Good course for intermediate and beginner to learn the basic, concept and definitions of database structure. And learn how to manipulate data from any source i.e. database, XML, json.

By Joseph O

Dec 22, 2015

Great class! Really liked learning how to interact with databases in Python and will be using this foundational knowledge to continue the development of my database design/SQL skills.

By Nikil v

Aug 22, 2020

The course gave me a lot of understanding about the Databases and how to design it and use Python to do stuffs with Databases. overall the course was really fun, engaging and useful.

By Biplab B

Apr 14, 2020

Like every course in this specialization, this course is very well instructed and covers a lot of topics while the instructor managing to keep all approach simple and understandable.

By My H

Aug 26, 2017

Great class. Although I feel that for someone like myself (still a beginner with python) it is good to take a break and practice coding/reading codes, then I shall take the capstone.

By Binod J

May 13, 2017

Excellent course!!!

I learned some important concepts about SQL, databases and the application of Python in data visualization. The demo presented by Dr. Chuck was really interesting.

By KHEDDAM C

Jul 03, 2016

Cours très intéressant pour débuter les bases de données, avec des exemples concrets d'implémentation.

Un grand merci au professeur Charles Severance et à l'Université du Michigan.

By Mohamed A E

Jan 12, 2018

great instructor with great course and material , i have learned about database and used sqlite as a DBMS

learned the primary query and stored data from xml and json into my local DB

By Даня Ф

Mar 08, 2016

The best way to meet programming as a discipline for the first time! Сharismatic teacher, useful assignments, well-thought-out course. Thank you Charles Severance and Coursera team!

By Zoran

Dec 20, 2015

I am satisfied with provided information and can say that assignments was pretty interesting for me. Love maps and coordinate systems, so last assignment was especially interesting.

By Roger E R J

Nov 11, 2019

Dr Chuck does a great job of creating fun and engaging exercises that teach core Python and programming principles. This was a fun class with great interviews in the bonus section.