Back to Using Databases with Python

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Using Databases with Python by University of Michigan

This course will introduce students to the basics of the Structured Query Language (SQL) as well as basic database design for storing data as part of a multi-step data gathering, analysis, and processing effort. The course will use SQLite3 as its database. We will also build web crawlers and multi-step data gathering and visualization processes. We will use the D3.js library to do basic data visualization. This course will cover Chapters 14-15 of the book “Python for Everybody”. To succeed in this course, you should be familiar with the material covered in Chapters 1-13 of the textbook and the first three courses in this specialization. This course covers Python 3....
Highlights
High quality course material
(143 Reviews)
Top rated instructor
(176 Reviews)

MM
Mar 12, 2018

The course is great... You can definitely learn many things... Was kind of hard for me and i went many times back and forth through most of the lectures... However i think i learn many new things....

JL
Jun 22, 2017

Wonderful course! I learnt many useful SQL statements and know how to combine database operations into python program. Dr. Chuck's lectures are always comprehensible and clear. Thank you, professor.

601 - 625 of 2,986 Reviews for Using Databases with Python

By Pamela A

Mar 10, 2017

I have learned lots on Databases, SQL, Geocoding and data visualization. Great Course and Awesome Teacher!

By Muhammad B S

Sep 7, 2020

It is very good course for beginner. The course instructor is very good in teaching, I enjoyed very much.

By Amro M M

Jan 27, 2019

AWESOME! You want to learn how to use relational databases with python. This course is your best friend.

By Xin W

Jul 11, 2017

Very easy to get start with, and the content is practical. Good for people to quick start with database.

By mohclips

Jul 4, 2016

good stuff. later sessions should mention ETL https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Extract,_transform,_load

By Bambang S

Jan 5, 2016

Excellent Python course. Gives overview and introduction on how Python can be used to work on Databases.

By Anna B

Mar 28, 2018

Great course! Learning not only to use Python to access DB,

but also besic concepts for DB architecture!

By 罗成毅

Feb 12, 2018

thank you for this class, and i think this exams may can more difficult. thank you for your work again.

By Ritam M

Apr 6, 2017

The concepts taught on the data modelling are very crisp and to the point. I really enjoyed the course.

By Gustavo S H

Apr 4, 2016

Thank you, Dr. Severance and the Coursera team. This was a great course on using databases with Python!

By Ehson G

Jan 6, 2016

Thank you for the great class series. I am looking forward to other classes offered by this Instructor.

By Harini G P

Oct 20, 2020

I really like this course. Professor is great, syllabus is great, content is great. I enjoyed very uch

By Luis L

Nov 9, 2017

Very cool coursera, from easy to hard, lots of sample if very good chance to make you know about data.

By mirfanazam

Oct 11, 2017

This course is simple and to the point to give one hands on experience with database and web services.

By jeff d

Jun 17, 2017

Easy to follow and learn the basic concepts of using python with databases, from xml, to json, to sql.

By Tuan L H

Jan 29, 2016

I wish the slides will be shown a little longer before switching back to the instructor. Great course!

By Stephane T

Jan 2, 2016

The best section so far. Applications could have been a bit more challenging.

Great work Dr Severance.

By Janik W

May 2, 2021

Was very helpful, please more tasks 1 more free not relevant assignment, to get stronger in knowledge

By SOUMYA S

Sep 5, 2020

Dr. Chuck is amazing I’m just 15 years old but still I’m able to learn python!

Dr. Chuck keep it up !!

By Era I

Jan 29, 2020

amazing course, helps me to understand not just the code but also the concept/purpose behind the code

By Valiana K

Jan 26, 2020

I enjoyed this course. Databases & SQL are fun to learn. Dr Chuck was amazing one more time! Big ups!

By Александр Ч

Mar 22, 2018

Very interesting and useful course. Best from this specialization. But two last assignment very easy.

By Christos G

Sep 27, 2017

An excellent introduction to the basics of Databases and SQL and how they might interact with Python.

By D A

Oct 7, 2016

Excellent course. Thank you very much, Dr. Chuck. I will remember you as my programming guru FOREVER!

By Derek C

Aug 27, 2016

Great course I would like to learn a little bit more on how the Javascript visualization is generated