Back to Using Databases with Python

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Using Databases with Python by University of Michigan

This course will introduce students to the basics of the Structured Query Language (SQL) as well as basic database design for storing data as part of a multi-step data gathering, analysis, and processing effort. The course will use SQLite3 as its database. We will also build web crawlers and multi-step data gathering and visualization processes. We will use the D3.js library to do basic data visualization. This course will cover Chapters 14-15 of the book “Python for Everybody”. To succeed in this course, you should be familiar with the material covered in Chapters 1-13 of the textbook and the first three courses in this specialization. This course covers Python 3....
Highlights
High quality course material
(143 Reviews)
Top rated instructor
(176 Reviews)

MM
Mar 12, 2018

The course is great... You can definitely learn many things... Was kind of hard for me and i went many times back and forth through most of the lectures... However i think i learn many new things....

JL
Jun 22, 2017

Wonderful course! I learnt many useful SQL statements and know how to combine database operations into python program. Dr. Chuck's lectures are always comprehensible and clear. Thank you, professor.

676 - 700 of 3,010 Reviews for Using Databases with Python

By ARVIND K S

May 8, 2020

A very fine course of databases using sqlite3 and showing its interface with python. A must-do.

By Samuel E

Feb 11, 2020

Great course, helped me understand the power of Python with databases. Can highly recommend it.

By Kesavan N

Mar 12, 2018

Excellent course and just the right set of topics to make an impact on my own projects at work!

By Abhimanyu J

Nov 20, 2017

Amazing course , great work Charles and thanks a lot for all the effort you put in teaching us.

By David F

May 17, 2017

A simple and well-organized micro-course, effective at conveying the basic ideas. Thanks Chuck!

By Adeyemi O

Apr 26, 2020

This is an excellent course which has improved my skills in using Python with Database and SQL

By Chien D

Mar 24, 2020

I can learn the SQL languages. I can understand the important of database, and why we need it.

By Greg

Mar 14, 2020

Well organized and easy to understand. One recommendation is to briefly show some Python IDEs.

By Lim Z H

Jun 12, 2018

The course is well thought out and the content is easy to follow and makes learning enjoyable.

By Matt B

Jan 14, 2016

It's bittersweet reaching the last course in this specialization. I'm going to miss Dr Chuck.

By Eduardo

Dec 10, 2021

This class is a ways tougher than the first three but super interesting, highly recommended!!

By ECYT

Oct 15, 2021

Very practical, clear and concise. Instructor communicates very effectively and to the point.

By Paulina B R

Feb 21, 2021

Fun course ! Great way to add on to the information we learned in the previous three courses.

By Zhongshi L

Oct 23, 2019

Some thing have not been fully explained, which really puzzled me a lot, but not a big matter

By Lee Y L R

May 4, 2019

Great course! Learnt a lot and appreciate lecturer in seeking to build foundational knowledge

By Yimin Y

Jan 28, 2018

I really benefit a lot from this class! Hope you can enjoy learning and using python as I do!

By Igal P

Jan 14, 2018

Excellent Course. Helps a lot to understand API based communications between several parties.

By Danny I

Nov 5, 2017

I didn't think I liked databases! Love you Dr. Chuck. Can't wait for your to visit Vancouver.

By NitinSharma

Jul 17, 2016

Its a great course for utilizing databases and related content with the power of python... :)

By Anil K

Sep 15, 2020

what a course!! i know first time this was very hard but by the end i learned so many things

By Aditya M

Jun 2, 2019

We could have made a better project at the end of the course but the learning part was nice.

By Juratė D

Nov 10, 2020

A very interesting course, I recommend for those interested in Python. Thank you very much

By Adesh G M

This course was fantastic. Hope to see some more courses like this by Dr. Charles Severance

By Gabor S

Nov 12, 2018

Overall a great course. Brings you a lot closer to web crawling and 'personal data mining'.

By Yibo W

Aug 3, 2018

This class put all we learned before together and make good use of them. awesome experience