Back to Using Databases with Python

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Using Databases with Python by University of Michigan

This course will introduce students to the basics of the Structured Query Language (SQL) as well as basic database design for storing data as part of a multi-step data gathering, analysis, and processing effort. The course will use SQLite3 as its database. We will also build web crawlers and multi-step data gathering and visualization processes. We will use the D3.js library to do basic data visualization. This course will cover Chapters 14-15 of the book “Python for Everybody”. To succeed in this course, you should be familiar with the material covered in Chapters 1-13 of the textbook and the first three courses in this specialization. This course covers Python 3....
Highlights
High quality course material
(143 Reviews)
Top rated instructor
(176 Reviews)

MM
Mar 12, 2018

The course is great... You can definitely learn many things... Was kind of hard for me and i went many times back and forth through most of the lectures... However i think i learn many new things....

JL
Jun 22, 2017

Wonderful course! I learnt many useful SQL statements and know how to combine database operations into python program. Dr. Chuck's lectures are always comprehensible and clear. Thank you, professor.

326 - 350 of 2,902 Reviews for Using Databases with Python

By Niveditha D

Apr 24, 2017

Exceptional! the way even the most difficult concepts have been explained in such a simple way to be understood! Will definitely look forward to more courses from this professor!

By Mona K R

Jun 7, 2016

I like the step by step learning. Although it might be found slow for more experienced students, but it is very clear and well structured for beginners in programming and python.

By samuel r t v u m

Jun 14, 2020

I'm so grateful for i could participate in this course and learned how to use Databases with Python. Now, I'm so exited to go the next other related courses. Thanks to Coursera.

By Adith R K

May 13, 2020

Thank you Dr.Chuck for this wonderful course. I really appreciate the standard and quality of the lecture videos and assignments. I recommend this course to all fellow learners.

By 曹紫嫣

Mar 17, 2019

DR. Charles is so cute and his explanation is super clear too. Plus, thanks to the mentor in discussion forum who helped me a lot. I strongly recommend this course to you all :)

By Nicolas S

Jan 3, 2019

This course by Charles Severance is one of the best out there. It touches upon many topics just enough to get us look deeper while maintaining clarity and simplicity. A must do!

By Avitabayan s

Nov 13, 2017

The whole course was nice except i felt some difficulty in understanding week 2 and week 5. I did'nt give up on this course because of which i completed this course successfully

By Aby A

Sep 17, 2017

That was a great finale course. Munched through lot of things. Lot of things to learn in this one particular course. I need to come and look back again at later time. Fantastic.

By Kate C

Oct 23, 2016

This course felt a bit easy, but it was probably because I have worked with databases quite a bit already. Very useful. Great intro to databases and how to use Python with them.

By Lukas R

Jan 8, 2018

I would like to thank dr. Chuck and his team! Especially those people who worked behind the scene. You are the heroes of our days bringing free education to community. Respect.

By David B

Dec 11, 2016

Very good intro to sql language and retrieving GeoData. It's really easy data management with python and sqlite and manage jason format data. Geolocation is a very good example

By Jasper H

Dec 17, 2015

i think this one is the most "complicated" course among python courses

but your structured course notes and your very-easy-to-understand presentations help me a lot !

thanks prof

By Adam S

Dec 28, 2019

A very good course. I had learned a bit of SQL and how to use databases in Python before. Thanks to this course I learned some new important things and organized my knowledge.

By Chen Q

Jan 23, 2018

Thanks Dr Chuck and all the teaching staff for wonderful classes and well-structured assignments. I learned a lot in the course and I will definitely recommend it for others.

By Ksenia P

Apr 21, 2016

Loved it! As always really interesting and encouraging. And special thanks for keeping courses free! This is rare nowadays even when the platform consider itself as free :-/

By Weijian X

Apr 15, 2019

Of course worth to attend this fantastic course!

you can learn many basic but essential orders and codes in a quite comprehensive way from Dr. churk and it is really funny!!

By S-NT

Feb 7, 2016

Amazing course, really!

I was so excited to learn about SQLite and about how easy it could be used anywhere

Thanks to you, dr.Chuck, you have great job done with this course!

By Johan V M

May 16, 2021

Excellent course! It is a great course to start learning about databases and the SQL language. I encourage everyone to take this course as an introduction to those topics.

By Arif A

Oct 25, 2019

I learn how to connect to sql and find a specific value in a fast way... Not so easy but the course help me to do it. It's amazing. Thank you Dr Chuck! Thank you Coursera!

By Abhilash V

May 23, 2017

This course is a great way to familiarise with databases and how to use them inside python.It is not advanced level course but you will get a good introduction tho sqlite.

By Dr. N D

Sep 18, 2020

Nice course from the University of Michigan. Very nice explanation by Dr. Charles Russell Severance. Easy way to explain the programing, sufficient exercise for practice.

By Ricky G H

Sep 9, 2020

Es un excelente curso, bien enfocado, perfecta docencia y los videos extras (entrevistas) dan un conicimiento extra de los princpios de las herramientas que ahora usamos.

By Rage P

Jun 1, 2019

Sir i thankful to courseera for providing a great platform to learn python and I gain a lot of knowledge and new logics in python language. Thank you once again courseera

By Orlov Y

Jan 14, 2016

Great course for beginners! Maybe sometimes it's too easy, but it is for me, who familiar with programming, but for those, who want to try their skills it is BEST CHOICE!

By yadla s h r

Sep 26, 2020

Excellent course for beginners who have some basic knowledge of python. It is suggested completing the first 3 courses in this specialization before starting this course