Back to Using Databases with Python

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Using Databases with Python by University of Michigan

This course will introduce students to the basics of the Structured Query Language (SQL) as well as basic database design for storing data as part of a multi-step data gathering, analysis, and processing effort. The course will use SQLite3 as its database. We will also build web crawlers and multi-step data gathering and visualization processes. We will use the D3.js library to do basic data visualization. This course will cover Chapters 14-15 of the book “Python for Everybody”. To succeed in this course, you should be familiar with the material covered in Chapters 1-13 of the textbook and the first three courses in this specialization. This course covers Python 3....
Highlights
High quality course material
(143 Reviews)
Top rated instructor
(176 Reviews)

MM
Mar 12, 2018

The course is great... You can definitely learn many things... Was kind of hard for me and i went many times back and forth through most of the lectures... However i think i learn many new things....

JL
Jun 22, 2017

Wonderful course! I learnt many useful SQL statements and know how to combine database operations into python program. Dr. Chuck's lectures are always comprehensible and clear. Thank you, professor.

376 - 400 of 2,901 Reviews for Using Databases with Python

By Yotam I

Aug 27, 2017

Some prior experience with sql would really help with this course, as I sometime felt lost with all the new terms and coding being dropped on me all at once.

By Radoslav M

Nov 1, 2016

This course was absolutely gorgeous in showing students what is possible when connecting powerful language like python with databases using SQL. Great stuff!

By Jeff S

Aug 17, 2017

Very interesting course. Well taught for students who are brand new to databases (it is understood that you are quite familiar with Python at this point).

By Wilfred C

Aug 25, 2016

Best of the best. Great instructor and materials. I finished all 4 classes of the series, which tells you how much I enjoy learning from this instructor.

By Keith D

Feb 13, 2020

Great course. Really enjoyed intro to SQLite. Only thing I wish it had that it doesn't is an intro to charting using a Python extension (e.g. Plotly).

By Irina G

Jun 21, 2017

Great course, great teacher! The material is presented in an easy and fun way to learn. Besides, it is something that can be use right away. Very useful!

By Md. F I

May 10, 2021

Very good for practitioners who are beginning to work with python and database. Expect to see more short and precise exercises to be included in future.

By Josue C T

Aug 26, 2020

This course was a little tough, but I learned a lot and I've got to practice more about it. It is pretty beautiful to know that I am learning new stuff.

By Krishnendu S

Apr 19, 2020

Very good course. Highly informative and practical. I strongly recommend to all want to learn python from scratch. Thanks, Dr. Chuck! Thanks, Coursera!

By Roger M

Feb 7, 2019

This was a very interesting topic. Having worked with SQL before, it was really cool to see how easy is to add intelligence to a db system with python.

By Miguel A L M

Aug 15, 2017

Really good one, persnoally, i had to retrun to review other previous lectures, but once i returned, and the bases were enoughly firm, all was done....!

By Peter M

Feb 16, 2016

Take this course. Some assignments more difficult than others. Pace is good for folks newer to python but goes faster with some knowledge of programming

By Oluwabunmi M A

Jan 21, 2016

I really enjoyed this course. I learnt so much and I'm confident that I can go on from here to writing more complex python programs.

Thank you Dr. Chuck.

By ZHOU M

Jan 8, 2016

This course is great! Just one thing a little regretful---the final assignment really needs to a better design and reflects what is taught in the class.

By Yumei L

Apr 21, 2016

This is an excellent course. It wasn't easy, but do-able for people who have had no other Python experiences other than the other courses by Dr. Chuck.

By Umar F

Jun 2, 2021

I have completed this course successfully . I have very happy to learn this course from Coursera . It would be very helpful to achieve my future goal.

By Овсенева М И

Aug 9, 2020

Thanks a lot for this course! It's the greatest opportunity to learn something unusual,interesting and new with such a fantastic and creative teacher!

By Zdeněk N

Aug 28, 2016

This one was dense! So much information on databases and SQL. Final multi-step applications were very well chosen and introduced so much new elements.

By Nimrat K A

Jul 19, 2020

This course is where you learn to handle data in python and a bit about sql. It is good and interesting start for someone who aims to a data analytic

By Andrew A

Mar 30, 2020

I thoroughly enjoyed this course. I have never really created even a small database before this course but now I have a better understanding of them.

By Juan A J S Y

Mar 26, 2017

Aprendí mucho sobre SQL, creacion de base de datos, adquisición de datos y la manera de usarlos y el uso de APIs, me encanto y lo recomiendo al 100%

By Raul R

Jul 20, 2016

Muy buen curso cubre temas de gran interes, se advierte que no se puede detallar tanto en cada tema por ser un tópico muuy amplio lo cual es bueno.

By Akash R

Aug 12, 2020

the instructor is so good if you don't have knowledge in python and if you take this course you will solve all of these assignments from yourself

By Lindsay V

Jul 30, 2017

I loved the exposure to APIs including Google Places API. Integrating it with some SQL and a few database tricks made this class very worth while.

By Hnin O W Y

Oct 5, 2020

This course is very understandable and teaching style is very clear that even if you don't have any knowledge on database, you can get it easily.